Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

illamint posted:

Brother HL-2170W? I've had an HL-2040 for the past 3 years and it's been running strong on 1 toner cartridge, drivers are reasonable, and it's Mac OS X/Windows/Linux(ish) compatible.

Fake edit: beaten :(

Brother MFC-8606DN here, not color, but the thing has decent software and seems to be holding up well. Liking the automatic double sided printing.

Inkjets aren't terrible either, if you're not concerned about speed or quality, just buy a refill kit and reuse the same cartridges over and over. Those things break like crazy, but I had a lovely Lexmark (edit: X1100) held together with rubber bands and tape that did what it needed to do, and I only paid like 30 bucks for the all-in-one and swapped in the cheapest cartridges possible.

NOTinuyasha fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Mar 30, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread