Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

I don't know if I missed it, but I'm in the market for a new printer. It must do the following things:

- Wireless networking. Tired of messing with wires.
- Flatbed scanner. The girlfriend scans a lot of documents, while I have to scan a lot of receipts.

We were sharing a single printer in a Windows homegroup, with an extended USB cord connected to my PC. However, she cannot scan through the homegroup, which means she needs to unplug the cord from my computer, get another extension cable, and then plug it into her computer. Even then, there will be weeks at a time where I'm not home for business and she needs to print so she either has to boot up my PC just to print, or repeat the grab-the-usb-extension-cable bit. That gets tiring after a while.

Any suggestions? Budget is not too much of an issue, but I'd like to keep it under $300 if possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread