Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PitViper
May 25, 2003

Welcome and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart!
I love you!
Just ordered a Brother 2170W to replace my old-as-poo poo HL1040. Was considering the 5370DW, since it does duplex and wired/wireless, but I don't think duplexing is worth the extra $140. Sale, free shipping, and $10 promo code was just too good to pass up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PitViper
May 25, 2003

I love you!
Looks like they've started removing the ethernet port on their lower-price models too. I think my next printer will have to be a multifunction, I really regret not buying something with a copier when I picked up the 2170W a few years ago.

PitViper
May 25, 2003

I love you!
Can anybody recommend a cost-effective way to clean an Epson WF--4630? I'm having an awful time eliminating some banding, and it's burned through the last of the cartridges in it attempting cleaning cycles. The printer itself was free, and my wife would like the option of a color scanner/copier/printer to supplement our laser printer for everyday usage. I hunted around for "cleaner" kits, but they don't seem to exist for this particular model.

Post cleaning, how about replacement inks? I'm fine with generics, I looked into refillables but the chips on the cartridges seem to make that a pain with this particular printer. I'd love to pick up a color laser multifunction and just have one printer, but if I can "fix" this thing for under $100 it'll probably be worth it for at least a while.

• Locked thread