Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Continuous in systems are definitely real. Most of the people I know who have them are professional photographers who want to be able to print off big proofs and/or sell prints to clients on demand. I think they make the most sense for high end photo printers since it seems like consumer grade printers would break down pretty quick with that kind of volume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The Epson r3800 series, I think it's R3880 now, seem to be very well regarded by photographers and they're around $1200.

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer
We just picked up a Konica Minolta 1690MF color laser for $234. It has a flatbed scanner, auto document feeder, fax, etc., but it only has wired networking. You could always hook it up to a bridge. It's been great for the couple of weeks we've had it.

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I just want to throw the Konica Minolta 1690MF out there as an option for those of you looking at color multifunction units in the $200 range. We've been using ours for a few months now and it's been excellent. We mostly use it for printing, but the auto document feed on the scanner and the copier feature seem to work really well too. Color reproduction is surprisingly good for such a cheap printer--more than good enough for us to print mockups and whatnot.

• Locked thread