Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«406 »
Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

-Blackadder- posted:

Can you goons recommend me some of the good Minecraft-likes? I already have Terraria and Don't Starve. I'm considering stuff like FortressCraft Evolved, Castleminer Z, Block Story etc.

ideas?

I wouldn't normally suggest Factorio in response to this question since it's not actually that much like Minecraft, but Don't Starve is even less like Minecraft, so... if you liked building automated factories in Minecraft, especially with some of the popular mod packs, Factorio is like those but much more coherent and balanced. On the other hand if you're in it for the exploring and seeing new landscapes and finding treasure then stay away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

A poptart is a sandwich

-Blackadder- posted:

Can you goons recommend me some of the good Minecraft-likes? I already have Terraria and Don't Starve. I'm considering stuff like FortressCraft Evolved, Castleminer Z, Block Story etc.

ideas?

Starmade or Space Engineers are both similar ideas of game focused spaceship and space station construction.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Prey combat is literally Bioshock, for better or worse (mostly worse) with less interesting enemies than even the generic mooks in Rapture. Besides that the rest of the game is pretty alright.

This is just silly and couldn't possibly be the opinion of someone who played the game for more than an hour.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

-Blackadder- posted:

ideas?

7 Days to Die is basically Minecraft survival mode with better zombies and more point to the base building.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I wouldn't normally suggest Factorio in response to this question since it's not actually that much like Minecraft, but Don't Starve is even less like Minecraft, so... if you liked building automated factories in Minecraft, especially with some of the popular mod packs, Factorio is like those but much more coherent and balanced. On the other hand if you're in it for the exploring and seeing new landscapes and finding treasure then stay away.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Starmade or Space Engineers are both similar ideas of game focused spaceship and space station construction.

Tagra posted:

7 Days to Die is basically Minecraft survival mode with better zombies and more point to the base building.

Thanks, I'll check these out.

What about good Minecraft-likes with that voxel block style?

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

This is just silly and couldn't possibly be the opinion of someone who played the game for more than an hour.

Nah. The characters when you finally meet or read their emails is well done, exploring to discover or make your owns paths is fun, and the generally believable layout makes it feel more authentic. But the combat is tedious with too many of the same uninteresting types for too long plus enemies respawning in rooms when you're backtracking. Oh yeah and the load times between major areas is a downer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

A poptart is a sandwich

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Right? I have a feeling homeboy just walked forward with the shotgun and then went "eh this game is boring"

«406 »