Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I've been on a real Metroid/Castlevania kick lately and basically ran through a bunch of those games. Are there any good games in the style of those? I've been suggested Cave Story before, but I really could not get into it. Like what are some good games that are somewhat open ended, have the focus primarily on exploration but still have an action element to them? (i.e. no Point n Clicks) Whether its a FPS or sidescroller, that's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jack_tripper posted:

Do you have a 360? Shadow Complex is exactly what you're looking for and happens to be better than 75% of the full retail games.

I just downloaded the demo (And holy crap do they give you more than enough content in the demo alone) and you are absolutely right. If I wasn't broke I'd be buying it right now.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

BobbyBaudoin posted:

Raiden 4 (for the 360) got released recently if you like vertical shooters. Sorry if its not you were looking for.

As for me, I love games like ninja gaiden(new ones), God Of War, Devil May Cry 1-3-4, I'm looking for a new one in the same genre, basically a great action/hack'n slash game.

Brutal Legend might be what you're looking for when it comes out Oct 13 :)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lemonslol posted:

So I havnt played a single player game in ages and I really want to play more of those. Ive been playing Everquest since 2001 and variouse other mmo's and I cant stop playing cuase I dont know any single player games. Preferably PC tho I have a 360. I kinda like rpg's and lots of weapons to choose from but not all dumb like obilvion. I liked katamari on the ps2 and braid was awesome. so something like that would be great.

Have you thought about trying out System Shock 2?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

So i've been on a megaman kick lately, what are some similar games to that series? mainly the "get different powers, non linear gameplay with great action/music" style megaman is known for. would prefer somethin from the 16 bit era, but GB/GBA is good too.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

What is a pretty fun platformer for the 360? Something similar to Mario 64/Banjo Kazooie.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hey so what are some games on the 360 that are similar to Resident Evil 4 or Zelda: Ocarina of Time? I have (and really liked) Dead Space and heard Deadly Premonition/Dead Space 2 are great, but what else is there similar to those games on the system?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Chinook posted:

I would recommend Darksiders, if you like Zelda. Resident Evil 5 is pretty good, too. (especially if you have a co-op buddy) People will say 'you NEED TO PLAY THIS CO-OP', but I didn't the first time, and I still really liked it.

I didn't really dig 5, it felt like it had absolutely none of the charm 4 had, from the presentation to the tension to the lack of a weapon hocking merchant, it just didn't feel as fun. Well, multiplayer Mercenaries mode was real fun, but that was about the extent of my enjoyment for the game.