Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Can anyone recommend me a flight sim game such a freespace but with the resourse and pilot management of Mech Commander? Anything for the PS3, Wii, DS or PC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

I just found out Mechcommander Gold is available for free and download. I'M SO HAPPY!

I was wondering if there were any other RTS games out there with similar resource management and squad based combat.

Edit: Anything would be good but I would prefer something more recent.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Are there any recent RPGs that have the party customization of the Balders Gate/Icewind Dale games?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Are there any good Urban Fantasy games out there? Either action or RPG? Something with a good story and deep customization?

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Mar 31, 2013

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Ashenai posted:

Here is a pretty good video explaining the combat in Witcher 2. It's definitely worth checking out, it's really an excellent RPG in many ways.

Is there anything on the level of The Witcher games that also allows you to customize your character's appearance? I admit I kind of like to play dress up in my RPGs as well.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

I'm addicted to card games right now. I've tried SolForge, Might and Magic and Card Hunter. Are there any other good online CCG games?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Is there anything out there like a Heroclix CCG online?

Or even for the iOS, stuff like the Star Wars Assault Team game that just got shut down?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

I'm looking for a new TBS game, something that plays like X-Com but uses CCG mechanics to build a army or whatever.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

I need a new MMO to play, something that will run on a 2011 Macbook no problem.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

I got an itch for a game that uses collection mechanics. Something that plays like the tabletop Warhammer 40K or a CCG. Anyone on the PC, 3DS, Wii U or iOS is fine.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

I'm in the mood for a really crunchy RPG. Something where every Level up means some hard choices when it comes to making your character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

EclecticTastes posted:

Here's a handy checklist of all the reasonably solid CRPGs I know/can remember offhand, figure you may have played most of them already if you're into crunchy RPGs.

-Wizardry 6-8 (the earlier games were a touch simpler IIRC and also really show their age)
-Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale/Planescape: Torment
-Pillars of Eternity/Tyranny
-Torment: Tides of Numenera
-Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
-Neverwinter Nights
-Temple of Elemental Evil (with the Circle of Eight overhaul mods; it's barely playable without them)
-Shadowrun Returns/Dragonfall/Hong Kong
-Pathfinder: Kingmaker/Wrath of the Righteous
-Fallout (pre-Bethesda)
-Solasta: Crown of the Magister
-Wasteland 2
-Age of Decadence (this one is perhaps too crunchy, in fact; I could tell the game had a lot of good work put into it but I also bounced entirely off its combat)

Also lots of people talk up Divinity: Original Sin and its sequel, so they could be worth a shot. I found the writing kind of off-putting, but they're certainly popular enough so you may like them despite my own personal dislike.

Humm, I've tried to play the Infinity engine games and Pillars of Eternity, but I keep bouncing off the combat. I kind of chalk it up to simply not growing up with it. I mostly played Turn based Jrpgs when I was younger and couldn't really handle the part based real time combat.