Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otter Wate
May 10, 2007
Do I laugh now, or wait 'til it gets funny?
I guess I have a pretty weird request, here's what I'm looking for:

A social climbing game - it can involve combat, but I'm more interested in RPG and puzzle solving elements. I've tried the Sims and that's not really what I'm after. The Guild has some of the elements I'm looking for, but it's a little too focused on economy-building.

I only have a PC unfortunately. Any and all recommendations are welcome. My laptop's system is a little outdated and my gaming computer is in the shop; when I get it back I'll be trying Mass Effect since I enjoyed the KOTOR games. I realize the kind of game I'm looking for might not exist. That said, any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otter Wate
May 10, 2007
Do I laugh now, or wait 'til it gets funny?

al-azad posted:

You might be interested in Republic: The Revolution which just so happens to be available on Good Old Games. You play a revolutionist during the collapse of the Soviet Union whose goal it is to establish control over the country. You can do so through social networking, bribery, intimidation like kidnapping, or straight up using force to exert control.

There's a series of games called Democracy that you may enjoy. I haven't played them personally but the whole point of them is climbing the political ladder.

Yeah I've been looking to try Republic. I couldn't tell if it was super linear; I like how in KOTOR your actions tend to influence later parts of the game. That's always something I look for since it ups the chances of me replaying it. I tried Democracy, but it's much more of a cut and dry political simulator, which is fun but not really what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the recommendation; I'll read some reviews of Republic before buying on GOG.