Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I've got a rather vague request for ideas, a friend of mine is going through a kind of poo poo time and it helps her relax to watch someone else (me in this case) playing games. She likes watching people play expansive, engaging games, offhand I know she likes stuff like Oblivion or Fallout 3.

So, I'm trying to think of something I can pick up that I'd like to play that she can hang around and watch, I'd prefer an RPG or a actiony game that has a decent plot but isn't a pain in the rear end to play, when games get overly complex with too much poo poo going on at once to manage I tend to get frustrated and lose interest. And I think we'd prefer more of a Western-ish game than a jRPG.

I have a Wii and she has a PS3 and a 360, so any of the big three systems is fine. I was thinking of borrowing Assassin's Creed 2 from my mom to play but I'd like some other ideas since I haven't really been keeping up on releases lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Tesla333 posted:

I'm gonna join in with the "I NEED A GAME" crowd here. I guess I'll just list the stuff I'm looking for.

- MMO, preferably RPG but that's not a big deal
- Low system requirements, I'm on a laptop with a 1.4Ghz processor and only onboard graphics
- Goon presence, Not a deal-breaker, but I have been combing the Games forum for a game I'd like

That's it, really. I thought it'd be longer, but anyway, I've found HellMOO and Dragonica already. I've already played Maple Story, and Runescape doesn't run well on this computer. So far it seems that HellMOO is my best bet, but I'm not experienced with text-based MMOs. That's a bit daunting.
Just sign up for HellMOO and mess around with it, it's not that complicated once you get into it. Find someone that'll show you around the game and don't take it personally when you get murdered/raped.