Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."
I'm interested in hybrid RPG/RTSes, something with deeper RPG elements than Warcraft 3 but better RTS gameplay than Spellforce or Dragonshard.

Also, anything like Panzer Dragoon Orta for PS3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

I'm becoming super curious about gems I've missed. I was a console gamer mainly up until a few years ago. I've ran through a bunch of classics like Baldur's Gate 2, System Shock 2, Deus Ex and all those games everyone knows about, but I've just discovered No One Lives Forever 2 and it's really clever and I was in love at first sight. Looks great, too.

Any PC games folks can recommend that aren't necessarily the glistening pinnacles of human creation™?

If you played Baldur's Gate 2 and enjoyed it, go play Planescape:Torment before you play anything else. Also, just go to GoG.com and look at anything the community rated highly. They're usually pretty good, in my experience, at determining which old games are worth going back to.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Looking for a strategy game with RPG elements and a solid single-player campaign. Heroes of Might and Magic 3 is a great game. The King's Bounty series isn't bad but I'd prefer tighter missions and gameplay and perhaps even a little more linearity.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when

Mokinokaro posted:

Try Dawn of War 2? It's classified as an RTS, but is a lot more like a tactical rpg given its emphasis on proper ability use and equipment. Maybe "tactical Diablo" is a good name for it.

Oh, should have mentioned I own all the Dawn of War games. I played the poo poo out of Dark Crusade and am slowly moving through Dawn of War 2. I'd prefer something turn-based atm.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when

numerrik posted:

I'm looking for a new GBA game to play, I have a few I have played to death already, such as Tetris, Fire Emblem, Advance Wars 1&2, Golden Sun 1&2, and Phantasy Star Collection. I just just picked up The World Ends with You, and as such feel like giving my DS Lite a spin again. I was considering picking up Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, but am open to suggestions. While I am familiar with Metroid and Castlevania, I don't feel like playing them at the moment, and as for the games ported from the SNES, I have them all, and don't desire another copy.

Thanks thread.

The GBA version of Final Fantasy 5 is a good game, and you can invent challenges a la Four Job Fiesta to make it significantly harder. It might be the definitive release of that game, actually. I also recommend the Mega Man Battle Network games for fun gameplay, and the Yu-Gi-Oh poo poo is good if you like card battle games.