Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Could anyone recommend me a video game simulating a collectible card game? PC is slightly preferred but by no means required; I've also got a DS, a PS2, and a Wii available. The Magic game, Duels of the Planeswalkers, is a lot like what I am looking for, except that I already know how to play Magic and thus it wouldn't be fun; a lot of the appeal to me is figuring out how a system works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

trigger9631 posted:

I'm looking for a game that has a kick-rear end story. I want to feel emotions besides "VIDEEOO GAMMESS" while playing this game. If it makes me cry, awesome. I have a PS3, a PS2, a Wii, a DS, and a 2007 Macbook. I'm not looking to spend more than $20. Digital download is fine, and I'll happily play retro games. I don't want it to be too long (20 hours is about the max for my patience and time availability). I got FF13 for Christmas but I don't have time to play that right now, so I'm waiting on that.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I already played Heavy Rain, and I LOVED that poo poo. That game was awesome.

Braid is artsy and subtle, but if those two adjectives don't make you flinch, it's the game I first think of when "good story" comes up. It's short (5 hours at the most).

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

I'm looking for games which take less than an hour to finish entirely. I don't mean arcade-style games where you play the same 45-minute segment repeatedly until you excel at it, either: just short, fun experiences. Eversion is a good example of what I'm looking for here. There are probably some decent flash games that do this, too.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I took this recommendation and have been hopelessly addicted for the past couple of days. This is my first roguelike experience really. The game is free and has a tutorial, I'd advise people to check it out. Kinda sad that you can't do the online mode with tiles, that ASCII poo poo is just too much for me. Kinda interested in Dungeon's of Dredmor, where do I go from here as far as tile-based roguelikes go?

You can, kind of. I never play tiles online, so I wouldn't know, but from what I understand webtiles is basically the same as regular tiles, only a little worse (and with some lag).

My favorite tiled roguelike (and one of my favorites period) is the DS game Shiren the Wanderer. It's fairly simple compared to Crawl, but complicated enough to be interesting, and the tiles really do work. There are a number of console roguelikes, but this is the only one I've enjoyed.