Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
Since I'm the very sort of gamer Spec Ops: The Line warned you about, I'm looking for FPSes either in the vein of 90s shooters (I've already got Hard Reset, Painkiller: Black Edition, and the Serious Sam collection), or one with RPG mechanics (I've got both Deus Ex 1 and Human Revolution, as well as both Fallouts and Borderlands). Violence is a plus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

Ashenai posted:

System Shock 2 is 75% off in Steam right now! If you liked Deus Ex 1, you'll probably enjoy it.

The Bioshock games would also be a pretty obvious choice.

Finally, EYE: Divine Cybermancy is actually both a 90s sort of shooter and has RPG mechanics. It's a weird game, but I think you might like it.

Oh, dang, I forgot to put them in. Currently playing System Shock 2 (gently caress that tooth platform in The Many) and finished the Bioshock series (Infinite included) and I racked up 100+ hours on EYE: Divine Cybermancy, as infuriating as it was, I kinda fell in love with it.

It's all good, though, I need to finish System Shock 2!

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

Frijolero posted:

Looking for a strategy game with no reflexes required. Turn-based or slow is good. I'm thinking along the lines of Unity of Command, but with RPG elements like FTL. (I loved XCOM but I am too cheap to buy the new expansion). Why aren't there enough good strategy games??

The upcoming Age of Wonders III looks good.

If you liked X-Com, Jagged Alliance 2 is good - and it's got a solid mod community that adds a shitton of weapons to it.

Looking for a PC FPS that sends hordes of enemies at me, guns with crazed secondary fires, and has a focus on not even trying to be realistic. I've played Painkiller: Black Edition, all the Serious Sam games, the Rise of the Triad and Shadow Warrior remakes, all Quake games, Hard Reset, and Bulletstorm.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

Really Pants posted:

Borderlands 2, maybe? It doesn't have huge enemy hordes, but it does have a whole bunch of insane weapons and abilities.

Crap, I had a feeling I should have added this. I own the game, but I'll save the tangent for not liking it until later. (I also own EYE, which I probably should redownload.)

I have Blood Dragon bumming around in my Steam library, but I wasn't going to touch it until I finished the main game. Looks ike I'm going to break that rule!