Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Schurik posted:

Having finished Persona 3 and almost done with 4, I'm looking for some other long, story-driven RPGs in a contemporary setting, as that was a large part of the enjoyment with both of them. On PS2, Wii or PC. Anime is fine, as long as not everyone looks like they're five years old - the Persona style is pretty much the optimum and maximum. I'm guessing there are lots of people who asked themselves the same thing after they finished both, so shoot! Thanks!

If you're not completely burnt out on Megaten after two Personas, you could go for Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne. It's harder than the Persona games, and not as nearly as cheery, but it's a great game that would give you a different take on the whole demon battling thing.

I have a request of my own, though I don't know if it has an answer: I stopped playing the Tony Hawk games after Underground 2. Recently I've been struck with the urge to revisit the series, but what I really want would basically be Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5. I just wanna collect S-K-A-T-E and get high scores and poo poo, not ride a lawnmower with Bam Margera. Did any of the later games take a back-to-basics approach like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

What are fun games with tons of unlockable poo poo that you get by actually playing the game? Ideally, I'm thinking of something like the Sakurai-style challenge boards in Smash Bros. Brawl or Kid Icarus: Uprising, but I suppose it could also be coin-based like the art gallery in Soul Calibur or the Krypt in MK9. Come to think of it, I guess Rogue Legacy could also be seen as a coin-based unlock system.

Basically, unlocking stuff that's interesting enough to motivate you to get more, in a game that's good enough to enjoy the process. And it's through missions or challenges or some other sort of gameplay, not just hunting down a hundred collectibles that unlock nothing but concept art or something.