Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Serious Michael posted:

Games where you can slow down time to cap bitches.

One of my favorite parts of Modern Warfare was unlocking the slo-mo cheat and using it in firefights, I love the slow motion firefights. In Hitman: Blood Money one of my favorite things is when you get almost dead and then time slows down. It doesn't just have to be Matrix-esque bullet time with jumping everywhere.

I can think of:
Time Shift
Max Payne
The Matrix games
FEAR (iirc)

Plus the aforementioned games.

I think Stranglehold is a notable exception from this list. Not a perfect game but still a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

These games eventually sold me on the DS and I'd recommend them to anyone:

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Rhythm Heaven/Paradise
Professor Layton and the Curious Village

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Rollersnake posted:

A strangely specific request, but are there any fighting games (2D or 3D) other than Street Fighter Alpha 3 that have co-op play? I used to love SFA3's Dramatic Battle mode even though it wasn't exactly fully realized, and I'm surprised I haven't seen anything like it since.

I'm pretty sure the X-Box DOA games have co-op tag battle.

The only other 'game' I know of with simultaneous co-op is MUGEN for the PC.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Rollersnake posted:

Can anyone tell me how to get into MUGEN? What I should download, and from where? I've tried to get into it in the past, but the MUGEN community seems really insular and fragmented. I'm also really not into the fast, flashy, over-the-top Marvel vs. Capcom sort of fighters (for context, my favorite fighting games are Super Street Fighter 2 and Art of Fighting 3), and I doubt there's enough content out there to assemble a MUGEN build I'd personally enjoy.

I've been out of it for awhile but it seems there's an official release of it here:

http://www.elecbyte.com/mugen

This might be a good place to start:

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=85902.0

To be honest, it probably will be a fair bit of work to get a set-up you're happy with but once you're set and ready, it really is a ton of fun. Don't worry about being over-loaded with ridiculous characters, just don't download them. With some effort, you could probably create a fairly 'realistic' SSF2 vs AoF3 game.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Cardboard Fox posted:

Can anyone recommend me something that's like the old Gran Turismo games? Gran Turismo and Gran Turismo 3 are my favorite racing games of all time and I've had trouble finding modern racing games appealing after playing the early GT series. My problem is that I want fun driving, huge car customization and a giant career mode all in one game. I've tried GT4, but just found the mechanics of the driving too boring. I really like the driving mechanics in Dirt 2, but you can't customize cars and there really is no huge career mode like there was in the GT games.

So basically:

-Fun, arcade style racing. Too much simulation turns me off. I loved bouncing off walls in GT and GT3 just to turn the corner.

-Huge career mode. GT3 had a massive track and event selection where you had a garage of cars and you could do special events with specific cars.

-Massive car customization. Again, like in GT3.

-Either on PC or PS3.

Need for Speed: Shift (1 or 2) should be right up your alley.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Elman posted:

I'm finishing Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and I love it. I'd never played a Metroidvania game before and I never knew this one was so good.

Are there any other Castlevania I should try, or other good PS1/PS2 era 2D games? Maybe I'll just go ahead and try Super Metroid.

If you happen to have a DS, all three of those games are great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Any decent airport simulation games out there? I can vaguely remember one from a few years back but I can't recall the title.

I found a couple of possibilities searching through Google but I'm interested in knowing what goons have had experience with.