Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Jason Ellis (born October 11, 1971) is an Australian professional skateboarder, mixed martial artist, radio host, and actor.
http://twitter.com/ellismate

Ellis hosts The Jason Ellis Show weekdays on SiriusXM radio.

You can hear the show on

Faction 41 (XM 41) 3-7pm EST Monday-Thursday, 9-1pm Fridays (usually)

"Not Necessarily the Best of the Jason Ellis Show"
The Opie and Anthony Channel (SiriusXM 105)

7-9pm Saturday Evening
3-5pm Sunday Afternoon on Faction 41

Monday sometimes features The Dingo in Snow of Danny and the Dingo fame.
Tuesday is normally New Music Tuesday.
Wednesday is World's Greatest Wednesday.
Friday is "who gives a gently caress friday!!"

Contact the show!
tully@radiofaction.com
1-855-Ellis41

BIO
Jason Ellis moved to the United States at age 17 to become a professional skate boarder which he accomplished in 1990. He and Tony Hawk became acquaintances due to the closeness in age and still remain friends to this day. Jason resides in Los Angles, California. Jason married his former manager, Andrea Brown, on March 26 2006. They have a daughter Devin Michelle "Snookie", born in March 2005, and a son,
Tiger Lee, born in February 2009. Tiger is known as a humongous baby of doom, weighing in at over 9 pounds at birth.

In 2011 Ellis and Andrea divorced after Ellis relapsed.

In 2001 Ellis set the World Guinness World Record for the biggest drop onto a 70 foot skateboard ramp.He also refers to himself as the 7th greatest skateboarder in the world for Vert skating.

Jason is part of the Red Dragons skate crew, he is a recovering alcoholic and would do insane poo poo when trashed, like eating a still beating sharks heart.
http://www.reddragonapparel.com/ for all your Red Dragons key chains and welcome mats.

Shark heart video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtMLXFNfe2A (about 50 secs in)

Show Related Websites

http://www.ellismania.com
This is a pay site ($5/month) but is generally worth it. They stream most shows live, and once in a while post a funny video. Lots of Ellis walking around, working out, etc.

Other Sites:
http://ellisawesomeworld.com/
http://radiofaction.blogspot.com/
http://ellismate.com/

Staff
Rawdog/Doc Banger/The Illusionist/Tussin Wolf
http://twitter.com/radiotfb

Michael Tully/Cow Fucker!/Shaftburn Tully is back after a prolonged absence.
http://twitter.com/possiblytully

Kevin Kraft/CumTard the Cumtardian
https://twitter.com/kevinkraftsucks

The (old) Band!
Taintstick Album is out in stores now!
You can also see them live, they play a show every few months in California or Las Vegas.
Taintstick is Jason's band featuring Shoebox on drums, Tully on guitar, and Rawdog pretending to play bass.
The first offical video has been released for apple juice!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7IESL-R6WE
The Second video Monkeys of War!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKU425I_se8

The (new) Band!
Death!Death!Die! Album is out in stores now!

:nws: http://www.deathdeathdie.com/ :nws:

Sponsors
Globe Shoes
Future Clothing
Team Quest
Kawasaki
Hart & Huntington Tattoo
Fortune Gym
Nixon Watches
RDS Skate Supply (RED DRAGONS!!)

Ellis MMA Debut!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X5M9oGasYo the interview starts at 2:56

The infamous LL Cool J interview, where the button "Get these balls" comes from
Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTsh85vH3tE
Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST3f...feature=related

Ellismania Events
TBA

TwistedNails fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Oct 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compo
Mar 30, 2007

Cats have been killed for less.
I used to listen to him a lot when I had Sirius. It is a funny show.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Well, if we're going to do it, I'm on board.

Everyone who likes talk radio should give Jason Ellis a week of your time, and you'll understand why he's the Prince of all Media, and the future Commander In Chief of All Media. He's an infectiously endlessly optimistic awesome guy who likes to pump himself up to the top of the mountain with one breath and throw himself into a ditch full of poo poo with the next.

He actually has passion and cares about the show he's putting on, and only has one goal: to be entertaining.

He loves his listeners, pays off his bets no matter how ridiculous, and always fights for a great show.

RED DRAGONS indeed.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

I started listening to the Jason Ellis Show the week Opie had him on air and announced his best of on the Virus. After his huge appearance when he made the trip to be on O&A he had me even more hooked. The Howard interview and Prince of all Media title was just icing on the cake, his show is on fire.

I really like his Monday shows the most, I'm a huge MMA fan and enjoy hearing Mayhem and King Mo on the air. gently caress cock chest Brock Lesner!

Ellis' love for the fans and Ellismania events are awesome, I really like how much he gives back to his fans for showing support.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
I listen to him sometimes, but they really need to move him off of the only punk music channel. I want talk free music, not some (admittedly very funny) douchebag talking for my entire trip into work. Move him over to one of the sports radio channels or up in the comedy range, just stop bumping the only channel that ever plays ska, please!

But seriously, highly entertaining show with an absurd amount of energy.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
That's a great OP, good job. But does anybody know much of the history of the Jason Ellis show? I know he started off as sitting in with Tony Hawk's show, which later led to him DJing between songs and then grabbing the current format he has now. But how long has he actually had his current show? And I'm assuming Tusson was an intern at one point and now sits in with Ellis, but i'm not too sure.

There's little to no information online on this stupid information but I would like to know!

But i've been faithfully listening since his appearance on Howard and I don't see myself changing that anytime soon. It's strange but I didn't care for MMA or extreme sports to begin with, but I'll be damned if he didn't strike my interests in UFC.

Imagine that.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

I tried to dig up as much of his back story as I could, but I couldn't find information about his show history besides wiki and his forums. If someone finds facts about his show history I'll add them to the OP if you can link me to it.

IIRC his show has been in its current format for 2 years, or at least that is what I recall him saying during the show when callers ask.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

pointlessone posted:

I listen to him sometimes, but they really need to move him off of the only punk music channel. I want talk free music, not some (admittedly very funny) douchebag talking for my entire trip into work. Move him over to one of the sports radio channels or up in the comedy range, just stop bumping the only channel that ever plays ska, please!

But seriously, highly entertaining show with an absurd amount of energy.

I agree with this. I have a co-worker who loves the punk channel but isn't too big on Ellis and ends up having to listen to CDs on his way home or whatever the hell he's doing from noon to four.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Love Ellis.

Tussin-Wolf started as an intern, and has more than once been refereed to as the "Super Intern" while Wartcock and Bently were there because they sucked as interns.

As for more info, his main skateboarding event is the mega-ramp, and he's thinking about starting to compete again, this is his second marriage, he has a medical marijuana license (for arthritis), He is undefeated in his MMA and Boxing career (1-0 boxing, 1-0 MMA).

One thing he's been doing lately is Ellis Mania. Ellis Mania 3 just went down a few weeks ago. Basically Ellis and the guys, as well as fans, come down for boxing matches at fights (the fans usually fight each other or the people on the show).

If I think of any more info I'll post it.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Kingnothing posted:

Love Ellis.

Tussin-Wolf started as an intern, and has more than once been refereed to as the "Super Intern" while Wartcock and Bently were there because they sucked as interns.

As for more info, his main skateboarding event is the mega-ramp, and he's thinking about starting to compete again, this is his second marriage, he has a medical marijuana license (for arthritis), He is undefeated in his MMA and Boxing career (1-0 boxing, 1-0 MMA).

One thing he's been doing lately is Ellis Mania. Ellis Mania 3 just went down a few weeks ago. Basically Ellis and the guys, as well as fans, come down for boxing matches at fights (the fans usually fight each other or the people on the show).

If I think of any more info I'll post it.
Thanks for the info, I edited some of it in, and added more info and pics of cowfucker and rawdog.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
Boom, motherfucker!

I am totally on board to have a thread to discuss Ellis.

RED DRAGONS!

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
I still have all my RDS t shirts because of this guy. I still buy them too this day because of this guy. Great show.

juggalol
Nov 28, 2004

Rock For Sustainable Capitalism
Is this the thread where we discuss which cartoon character we'd most like to snort cocaine with?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

juggalol posted:

Is this the thread where we discuss which cartoon character we'd most like to snort cocaine with?

That discussion ended the moment the Kool-Aid man was mentioned.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

juggalol posted:

I'd go with Ariel from The Little Mermaid. Not only would she be trying to get used to being human so she'd be extra hosed up, but you'd get to watch her trying to talk to a crab, a fish and a seagull while she was out of her mind. You can't beat that poo poo. Plus, she probably shouldn't be used to walking yet, so she'd fall down a lot.

RED DRAGONS!

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Kool-Aid man got DQed because he'd spill Kool-Aid all over the coke when he goes to do a rail :(

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Pretty sick Ellis skate video right here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhfZ7d2_NKA

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I'm pretty excited to hear the Taintstick album, but I'm mostly looking forward to how Ellis reacts when it inevitably leaks.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
I might actually buy a Taintstick album just to put a couple bucks into Ellis' pocket. And to crank "Balls" in the car with the windows down.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Loving Life Partner posted:

I might actually buy a Taintstick album just to put a couple bucks into Ellis' pocket. And to crank "Balls" in the car with the windows down.

Ellis needs those $3,000 jeans. I am also buying it, I feel bad for Rawdog not getting paid what he should to work there, even if he is a trustfund baby.

Aberroyc
Jul 12, 2007
I first listened to Ellis about a year ago. I envy his dedication to his listeners, I have never heard such sincerity in someones voice when thanking his fans.

My first experience with him was driving down a busy highway and almost running off the road because he was ranting about monkeys creating 'ant tampons' or the like.

beeker
Dec 17, 2006

meep meep!
Did the Taintstick album actually come out yet or is it still in progress?

Guy Compton
Mar 29, 2007

Nice OP. Red Dragons on that. Tussin Wolf looks about as I imagined he would.

Scoops My Goops
Dec 3, 2004

by Reene
Awesome, an Ellis show thread!

RED DRAGONS!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

He banged Chyna. That counts for something.

ChaoticSeven
Aug 11, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

He banged Chyna. That counts for something.

Yeah, bisexual.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
I love the show, but for the love of god please get their phone system fixed. I feel like 40% of the show is them trying to get callers on properly.

apple stew
May 6, 2004
Ap-ple-s!! Boil them, mash them, stick them in a stew!
This thread looks quite familiar without alot of therochester pooing in our octopus aquarium.

Solstice
Mar 12, 2002

Non-violent for the entire family!
I think he's absolutely hilarious as are most of his guests but 90% of his callers are so mind-numbingly stupid and boring I have turn away during call-in segments.

Scoops My Goops
Dec 3, 2004

by Reene

Solstice posted:

I think he's absolutely hilarious as are most of his guests but 90% of his callers are so mind-numbingly stupid and boring I have turn away during call-in segments.

I think it's the satellite demographic to be honest. There's TONS of truckers which are not the best at adding anything humorous it seems.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

beeker posted:

Did the Taintstick album actually come out yet or is it still in progress?

Its out October 27th I think, or something close to that.

Word it's the 27th.

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Sep 6, 2009

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Guy Compton posted:

Nice OP. Red Dragons on that. Tussin Wolf looks about as I imagined he would.

Thanks man, and if you see him next to another person you'll see how drat small he really is.

idolmind86
Jun 13, 2003

It's better to burn out than to fade away.

It's even better to work out, numbnuts.
I started listening when I heard a "Penelope Cruz robot vagina" bit one time flipping around. Ever since then I've been hooked.

Yeah, the callers are pretty awful on Ellis' show. I love the show but seriously, it's like half the callers call just to chat.

Any time a caller starts with "how's it going?" or "what's up?" I want to scream.

P.S.
Ellis has totally sold out and has turned his back on his fans ever since the stern appearance.

Downtown Abey
Feb 14, 2002
cool thanks for the solicitation thread

everyone who enjoys jock talk radio is devoid of value

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Some crossed wires here, it's been resolved so resume talking about Jason Eliss' radio show

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

The Finn posted:

Some crossed wires here, it's been resolved so resume talking about Jason Eliss' radio show

Thank you Sir, I appreciate the help!

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.

idolmind86 posted:

P.S.
Ellis has totally sold out and has turned his back on his fans ever since the stern appearance.

Are you that terrible caller? I am so going to wolf knife laser torch you. Some calling "regular" called in and claimed this last week but couldn't articulate exactly what he meant and it was just an hour of painful lovely phone call.

Ellis is the reason I kept my Sirius subscription past the free 6 months that came with my car. The relationship between him and Tussin Wolf reminds me of my (computer science major nerd) relationship with my best friend (ex-marine mechanic redneck from Arkansas). I miss you Crusty :(

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Awesome! I'm glad we get the thread back.

This is very red dragons!

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled
Thanks for calling, this is Cahbon Fibah Chat with Jason Ellis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Arzakon posted:

Are you that terrible caller? I am so going to wolf knife laser torch you. Some calling "regular" called in and claimed this last week but couldn't articulate exactly what he meant and it was just an hour of painful lovely phone call.

God drat that call was painful. He actually thought as though he played a role on the show and felt cheated that Ellis is gaining a wider audience, thus not getting 'regulars' in as much as they once were. His own wife thought he was a crazed rear end in a top hat.

• Locked thread