Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
idolmind86
Jun 13, 2003

It's better to burn out than to fade away.

It's even better to work out, numbnuts.
I started listening when I heard a "Penelope Cruz robot vagina" bit one time flipping around. Ever since then I've been hooked.

Yeah, the callers are pretty awful on Ellis' show. I love the show but seriously, it's like half the callers call just to chat.

Any time a caller starts with "how's it going?" or "what's up?" I want to scream.

P.S.
Ellis has totally sold out and has turned his back on his fans ever since the stern appearance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idolmind86
Jun 13, 2003

Arzakon posted:

Are you that terrible caller?

No. That was phil beavers. He is crazy delusional. Because he's called in to the show a few times he thinks he's jason's bff or part of the show or some poo poo. But that's what I was referring to.

idolmind86
Jun 13, 2003

Man he really can't spell or read can he.

idolmind86
Jun 13, 2003

-Atom- posted:

Is anybody on Ellismania? I was thinking of getting a subscription mostly because I want to give Ellis my money, but i'm kind of curious of the content besides the videos and what not.

I recently bought an account out of boredom.

He has about 400 or so videos on there of him and family and friends and show people. Some are short, some are longer, some are funny, some aren't even entertaining. Videos get added almost daily.

I dunno, it's a good way to get a laugh for a few hours if you're bored.

Also, he does go live (so do tully, tussin and his wife) from time to time and you get access to that as well. Unfortunately I'm on the east coast so I usually miss when someone goes live, which is usually in the evenings (west coast).

Over all, I'd say it's worth it, especially if you have the time to catch the live shows.

I don't know if I'll keep it forever but right now I can swing the five bucks a month.

idolmind86
Jun 13, 2003

Just to chime in on another reason why I like ellis, aside from being hilarious he is one of few people in the media who really seem to care about making your life better and pushing yourself to achieve your goals. It's pretty drat refreshing.

idolmind86
Jun 13, 2003

Am I the only one that can't stand Steve-o? I find that guy mega annoying.

idolmind86
Jun 13, 2003

Man, everyone needs to watch the newest ellismania video and try not to vomit.

It's the free one right now I think.

Check it out.

idolmind86
Jun 13, 2003

TwistedNails posted:

Man, i'm going to have to listen to this week on delay, so i'm going to be a day behind, I found a new guitar instructor and his hours are the same as Ellis' show hours. Oh well.

Was Mayhem on the show today?

Mayhem called in briefly on Monday but is still in NY. From the way Ellis was talking it sounds like they two may be on the outs, or at least Mayhem is going through a rough patch.

idolmind86
Jun 13, 2003

Yeah. I thought the same thing at first but I got over it. I mean the guy has to make a living somehow...

idolmind86
Jun 13, 2003

That's what I did. I don't know how long I'll keep the subscription but it is definitely good for a few laughs. There are quite a few videos.

Edit:
Although the speed is BAD right now. apparently getting too popular.

idolmind86
Jun 13, 2003

Ireneo Funes posted:

Has anyone seen the videos of the Illusionist riding a BMX for the first time. If so, is it as hilarious as I imagine?

It's definitely awkward. I'm not sure if hilarious is the word I'd go for.

That guys parents should be chastised for eternity for the way they raised him.

idolmind86
Jun 13, 2003

Man, he's on live right now on ellismania.... these people in the chat are like the worst most annoying superfans ever.

They're all freaking out just for the slightest bit of acknowledgment.

Kind of annoying.

idolmind86 fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Sep 25, 2009

idolmind86
Jun 13, 2003

-Atom- posted:

So Benjy Madden is Taintstick's actual bass player and now Jason's roommate.

They are so going to bang.

Yeah, I completely agree with this. Their rapidly growing friendship is a little weird.

idolmind86
Jun 13, 2003

-Atom- posted:

And what does everybody think Tussin's deal is with ignoring the band practice, and not being forthcoming in general? Part of me thinks he's just a nerdy guy that is just nervous around Ellis and doesn't know how to react under these new situations he's been put under.

Yeah, if you look at any of his videos he's completely socially awkward. I'm guessing it doesn't help that he was just kicked out of the band as well (which is probably the way he sees it). Also, if I were a producer on some show I'd feel a bit weird following the talent around. I'd be worried about annoying them.

He probably just needs to realize the Ellis is different than most talent.

idolmind86
Jun 13, 2003

Sock The Great posted:

From wikipedia:

They have a daughter Devin Michelle, born in March 2005, and a son, Tiger Lee, born in February 2009. Ellis, who is now sexually confused, spends half his time living with his wife and the other half with his boyfriend Benji Madden.
[edit]

Wow that is hilarious and spot on. I hope it lasts a while before someone notices and changes it.

idolmind86
Jun 13, 2003

I'm just catching up to yesterday's show. This alcoholic is such a loving whiny piece of crap. I hope Ellis loses it on him.

It's ridiculous how bad this guy is...

idolmind86
Jun 13, 2003

Anyone know where I can get audio of shows? I listen at work and can't get streaming or actual satellite reception but I've been recording at home and bringing the file in to work and that's just a pain in the rear end.

I really wish ellismania would post show audio since I'm paying for that already and audible doesn't carry ellis' show.

idolmind86
Jun 13, 2003

Man I was all nervous because I was reading rumors about a "big announcement" turns out it was probably just because they played the best of when he pulled the mosely prank after contract renewal.

idolmind86
Jun 13, 2003

TwistedNails posted:

So Mayhem lost lost night, kind of suck, he got dominated by Shields grappling.

Also, Ellis should be back tomorrow, lets hope his flight makes it and everything so we don't have to wait till Tuesday to hear him live again.

Yeah, that fight sucked. I know what you mean by saying dominated but I still feel like that is a tough call. His striking was obviously better and it looks like his submission game was better as well but shields and his loving wrestling with take downs and position was able to keep mayhem pretty immobile.

It really bugs me when wrestlers win with just takedowns and position/control without inflicting any damage. I wish there were some way to handle that and force them to actually fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idolmind86
Jun 13, 2003

TwistedNails posted:

Sorry man but it was no where near a tough call, he won easily by points. he controlled the pace, he held dominant positions nearly the entire fight. I wish the round would of had a few more seconds and Mayhem would of pulled off the win by RNC, god drat it was close, loving bell.

I agree that wrestlers are boring when they do that the entire fight, but some are fun to watch like Cock chest Brock Lesner, he wrestles but also pounds the other guys face in. Ground and pound rules, grappling for 5 rounds sucks a cock.

Oh, I agree it was a clear loss. I'm not trying to argue that or anything. I guess I was trying to say that, in my opinion, it's hard to call a win dominant when you don't inflict any damage. I really feel like shields should have at least tried to g&p some, he was just playing it as safe as possible.

Cock chest is a monster who at least does a lot of damage while he holds you there helpless.

• Locked thread