Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
That's a great OP, good job. But does anybody know much of the history of the Jason Ellis show? I know he started off as sitting in with Tony Hawk's show, which later led to him DJing between songs and then grabbing the current format he has now. But how long has he actually had his current show? And I'm assuming Tusson was an intern at one point and now sits in with Ellis, but i'm not too sure.

There's little to no information online on this stupid information but I would like to know!

But i've been faithfully listening since his appearance on Howard and I don't see myself changing that anytime soon. It's strange but I didn't care for MMA or extreme sports to begin with, but I'll be damned if he didn't strike my interests in UFC.

Imagine that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

pointlessone posted:

I listen to him sometimes, but they really need to move him off of the only punk music channel. I want talk free music, not some (admittedly very funny) douchebag talking for my entire trip into work. Move him over to one of the sports radio channels or up in the comedy range, just stop bumping the only channel that ever plays ska, please!

But seriously, highly entertaining show with an absurd amount of energy.

I agree with this. I have a co-worker who loves the punk channel but isn't too big on Ellis and ends up having to listen to CDs on his way home or whatever the hell he's doing from noon to four.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

juggalol posted:

Is this the thread where we discuss which cartoon character we'd most like to snort cocaine with?

That discussion ended the moment the Kool-Aid man was mentioned.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I'm pretty excited to hear the Taintstick album, but I'm mostly looking forward to how Ellis reacts when it inevitably leaks.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

beeker posted:

Did the Taintstick album actually come out yet or is it still in progress?

Its out October 27th I think, or something close to that.

Word it's the 27th.

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Sep 6, 2009

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Arzakon posted:

Are you that terrible caller? I am so going to wolf knife laser torch you. Some calling "regular" called in and claimed this last week but couldn't articulate exactly what he meant and it was just an hour of painful lovely phone call.

God drat that call was painful. He actually thought as though he played a role on the show and felt cheated that Ellis is gaining a wider audience, thus not getting 'regulars' in as much as they once were. His own wife thought he was a crazed rear end in a top hat.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Looks like Benjy Madden from Good Charlotte is the new bass player of Taintstick.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Ellismate is sick so we'll probably be getting another best of today.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

idolmind86 posted:

Man he really can't spell or read can he.

Yeah, its the only thing that really sucks about him. But then again, he became a professional skateboarder at 17 so how can you really blame him?

'I'm the seventh greatest skateboarder in the world, spell that motherfucker!'

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Is anybody on Ellismania? I was thinking of getting a subscription mostly because I want to give Ellis my money, but i'm kind of curious of the content besides the videos and what not.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

If today was a best-of, why did they have that annoying couple on, the X Games Motocross and his dum-dum wife. That was pretty unlistenable.

I don't think it's an actual best of really, and that they only just replay a previous show in its entirety.

Mayhem rules.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

nathan x posted:

I still can't believe I sat through Paul Blart: Mall Cop to see Ellis. We stopped watching it when he got KO'd.

Haha, what was his role in the flick?

I was pretty bored of Steve-O and find his voice incredibly annoying, but when he mentioned his new found love for Jesus or religion I perked up a bit.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

UncleMonkey posted:

Oh Christ, he went all born again? It's like that old Denis Miller routine: funny how these people want to turn their lives over to Jesus after they've hosed up so badly that no one down here will talk to them anymore.

I don't think he's born again, but from the things he mentioned it seems like more of a spiritual experience then anything. I was really zoning out but he kind of said that there is an alter for Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindus and some other one to pray to.

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Sep 10, 2009

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

godzirraRAWR posted:

Glad there is a thread, and I loving love Jason Ellis. Not a huge MMA/EXTREME SPORTS fan, but he still entertains the hell out of me.

Does anyone know why in the last week or so Jason has been stuttering on the 'cowfuckah' name? He starts to say it, then stops, and calls him something else?

From what I've gathered he's trying to censor himself since a TV show is in the making in some fashion. That's what I took from it anyway.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Loving Life Partner posted:

Well, he's not so much trying to censor as he is trying not to link poor Tully with the name cowfucker to a bigger audience that actually might recognize him visually.

He doesn't want fans to come up and go "HEY! Cowfucker! Yeah!"

How did that nickname even come about anyway?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
The nickname Rawdog came about because he uses his finger to clean his rear end in a top hat when taking a shower, like there's insertion.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
The Prince of Pot reminds me of the Truth from GTA San Andreas.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

TwistedNails posted:

Mayhem was getting pretty emo on him in his last in studio appearance, he was getting mad at Ellis for jokingly making GBS threads on his show.

Yeah, early into the show Tully asked Ellis if he wanted to get Mayhem on the phone, and he had a real dismissive tone towards the idea.

Although once Mayhem called in later they seemed to mesh well again, so maybe this little 7th grade thing will end.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

idolmind86 posted:

That's what I did. I don't know how long I'll keep the subscription but it is definitely good for a few laughs. There are quite a few videos.

Edit:
Although the speed is BAD right now. apparently getting too popular.

Yeah, they mentioned yesterday that it's going to be needing a new server or some such.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

ntrepid posted:

Ah, finally an Ellis thread. I've been listening for a year or more. I started right before the infamous LL Cool J interview. I don't have an hour commute anymore, but i've been streaming online when I get the chance. The wing is easily 10x more entertaining and consistent than Howard or Bubba. I love how the show is basically about nothing and everything. Tully and Josh really keep the show interesting. I'm glad Wartcock and Bentley are gone. Everytime they were on air it was nothing worse than cringeworthy.

One of the funniest things is when Voice Ultimication is broken almost every day. Jellismate gets so pissed.

Get these balls!

Wartcock was absolutely terrible, but I liked Bently even before I knew she was hot as hell. Her voice is a little raspy but she was so into everything Ellis threw at her and didn't complain once. And from what I recall they actually would love to have her back, but Wartcock can go gently caress himself for being a lazy prick.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Ellis blaming Tussin for the death of Jesus will never not make me laugh.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

TwistedNails posted:

Rich Franklin lost so Ellis has to drink piss.

Ellis really needs to stop taking bets.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Holy poo poo, when Lisa brought up Jeff Ross being a 'dirty heab' and Ellis asked what the gently caress it meant and she explained it's a slur towards Jewish people.

'HEY RAWDOG, YOU'RE A FUCKIN' HEAB! Hey, I never called you a heab, huh?'

I've been tired on Lisa for a while, but man she was a great guest riffing off of Ellis and Joey big balls.

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 22, 2009

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Bastard Tetris posted:

This is probably the best talk radio I've ever heard, Ellis is great.

If you ever see that movie Haggard, he's the lunatic beating up Hellboy for no reason.

I was the kid in High School that bought Haggard and the movie is pretty stupid, but I've always thought Ellis (he has hair!) was the funniest part of the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA_NGkEa1xQ
And then he was on Howard Stern and now I listen to him pretty faithfully :3:

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
SHOUT OUT TO MALE HAIR GROOMING AND PROSTITUTES

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

godzirraRAWR posted:

I actually got on air w/ ellis yesterday, and he yelled at me and called me poor.

Haha what was the context?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

godzirraRAWR posted:

BECAUSE YOU'RE POOR, human being *click*

They just mentioned that call and said you redeemed the Doc Banger segment.

Red dragons.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Yeah, the mincey nerd is Rawdog/Illusionist/Tussinwolf

Doc Banger and the Octopus.

Which is genius by the way, I love the octopus.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

UncleMonkey posted:

Something that's been bugging me-- and I feel like kind of an idiot for asking-- but Ellis is kidding about drinking his own piss every morning now, right? Please tell me he's kidding.

He's done it once for sure, and may have done it a second time but I'm pretty sure Tussin told him it's a pointless thing to do for a variety of reasons.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

"Shut up Rubik's cube!"

This was the funniest insult I've heard coming from Ellis towards Tussin.

Also, on Street Trucks.com there's a little article about Ellismate's truck and a link to 'A6K' from the soon to be released album!

Boom!

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Sep 26, 2009

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
So Benjy Madden is Taintstick's actual bass player and now Jason's roommate.

They are so going to bang.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Why is Jason not living with his wife?

His family lives in Temecula, and the show with Tussin and Tully are run out of the LA studio. And I guess the only reason is because of how lovely LA traffic can be, but he goes back home and uses Tony Hawk's studio in San Diego on Thursday and Friday.

Or something really close to that.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

The future, future of radio.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Holy poo poo I just got to the part where Ellis says 'Mad-wing' for himself and Benjy.

That's it folks, once you reach that point all bets are off.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I hope Ellis Mania works out the way Ellis wants it to unfold. But by the Hard Rock packages already selling out seems like a pretty good sign.

And what does everybody think Tussin's deal is with ignoring the band practice, and not being forthcoming in general? Part of me thinks he's just a nerdy guy that is just nervous around Ellis and doesn't know how to react under these new situations he's been put under.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

godzirraRAWR posted:

Some buddy loaned jason a dvd on how to prolong a mans orgasm, and it was misplaced for awhile, then andrea found it, started to watch it, realized that jasons ex-wife was in it, she was like WTF, and jason was like BITCH I WOULD HAVE ANNOUNCED THAT TO THE WORLD, then it devolved into crazy stories about his exwife for a few mins, he even slipped up and said her name but I can't remember it.

Holy runon sentence.

Becky.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Ireneo Funes posted:

I guess Andrea enjoys watching orgasm-prolonging instructional videos in her spare time. :confused:

She was going through things since he moved I guess, and ran across the DVD by chance. I guess Jason even mentioned it at one point so she gave it a whirl before the Hills started.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Holy gently caress was that first segment before the break was boring, and that's the first time i've ever been truly bored by Ellis.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Tussin has to be somewhat of a genius.

So Tully has these 'Cooking with Cowfucker' segments on Ellismania, and on average the guy is spending about an hour on a webcam cooking a detailed recipe kind of meal. Meanwhile, Tussin has had two "cooking" segments and the first he microwaved some corn dog minis, and just today uploaded him making lemonade.

Oh, and by making lemonade I mean by pouring water in one cup and lemon juice inside said water.

Either he's really insane or he enjoys trolling the poo poo out of Tully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

UncleMonkey posted:

Wing's twitter.

Totally checked the actual entry to see if you cleaned up his spelling/grammar.

Also, that alcoholic caller today was great radio.

• Locked thread