Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://i.imgur.com/vTEm9BK.mp4

has sound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

look at this little guy

:drat:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

congrats on your pallas cat

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

no seville this morning. trap didn't catch anything (which is kind of surprising). i woke up and immediately cried, so things are great....

rocco is currently purring away on my lap

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i forgot i made this
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qi1h8xtY6j1vpcehm_720.mp4

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

are you taking daily walks around the neighborhood shaking a treat bag and calling Seville’s name, Mike? he’s still most likely within a couple block radius

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I guess you could try making a listing on various lost pet sites, like petfinder.com and tabbytracker.com

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
would taking rocco with you on a walk, like in a harness or even just walking with cat carrier, help too?

get back home seville!

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

good cat

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

are you taking daily walks around the neighborhood shaking a treat bag and calling Seville’s name, Mike? he’s still most likely within a couple block radius
been trying to, but it was raining and i had something to take care of last night. i intend to tonight

mod sassinator posted:

would taking rocco with you on a walk, like in a harness or even just walking with cat carrier, help too?

get back home seville!
i tried the harness, it didn't go well (see above), though i might try the carrier tonight. someone in another forum told me that cat smells can scare them away, even if it's friendly smells since they tend to return to their more base instincts

some good news is that i got a call from someone who thought they saw him. it wasn't him, but at least the signs are working.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

come home seville :(

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

gently caress SNEEP posted:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Underwater Shoe
May 26, 2005

an informative notation for your appreciation

Endless Mike posted:

no seville this morning. trap didn't catch anything (which is kind of surprising). i woke up and immediately cried, so things are great....

rocco is currently purring away on my lap

I’m so sorry, that totally sucks and my heart goes out to you. I’ve got everything crossed that he comes come to you soon.

A Good Time
Dec 20, 2015

My dad had a massive idiot scaredycat who never went more than 10 feet from the house though she was allowed out. One day she got spooked by his car coming back and loving offskied without trace. He spent over a week sleeping on the couch with the door open waiting for her before he gave in to flyering, but he did it by actually putting the flyers in letterboxes rather than pinning them up. We soon found out she'd spooked to behind a house that's about 10 mins walk if you're a human on pavements, and 20 seconds of aaaaaaaaaaa if you're an idiot fleeing through gardens and fences. I get the impression when she stopped going aaaaaaaaaa she basically looked around and decided 'welp, I suppose this is my life now :sigh:'. Trapping her was apparently a pita but it worked out in the end.

Anyway I don't know why I'm posting this but that's the story of one dumbass's return. Seville get back here young man.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

My houseguest:

"Aww, Tuna! Wait, that's not Tuna??? It looks so much like her!! Tuna's long lost cousin! "

Also Seville come the gently caress home already :ohdear:

Underwater Shoe
May 26, 2005

an informative notation for your appreciation
when I was about 10 my terrible, wonderful childhood cat went out and didn’t come home. she was gone for 5 days before we were playing in the garden and heard a meow. she’d gone over the back fence and couldn’t get back, our side of the fence had cross-beams and the other side was dead flat and she couldn’t get a grip on it. she also didn’t think to try and come around. we dangled a towel over the fence and she hung on with all her might and we pulled her back over to dinner and lots of hugs.

cats are dumb, but they can be found.

come home dumbass

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

one time Nina got out at night and ran away. i followed after her and she was doing the fun game where she goes a little ways, stops to wait for me to catch up, then takes off again. this went on down the whole street, and i was chasing her through people's back yards and gardens and everything. finally i decided she could just come back on her own drat time. she followed me back to the house and ran inside when i opened the door :argh:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

When you got that much fluff it's a full time job I guess

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

There's some cat outside that keeps hanging around to bum food but we're afraid to take him in thinking he's someone's cat. Very friendly but no collar and he's not neutered

We eventually stopped seeing the last cat that was in this position (except thankfully that one was neutered)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
if he can hang around your house for hours he can briefly visit the vet/shelter for a chip scan

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

there's some other great ones on the NHM site, like this leopard suffering from 2020 syndrome

https://www.nhm.ac.uk/wpy/gallery/2020-the-village-cat?tags=ed.current

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

TOOT BOOT posted:

There's some cat outside that keeps hanging around to bum food but we're afraid to take him in thinking he's someone's cat. Very friendly but no collar and he's not neutered

We eventually stopped seeing the last cat that was in this position (except thankfully that one was neutered)

he is someone's cat

yours

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

so

good news: I found him thanks to my FB post! he's fine and healthy and has been hanging around like two blocks away!

bad news: he decided he didn't want to come home and after chasing him around, I'm currently sitting outside in the area where I found him hoping he'll decide to come hang out. a lady came out and said she has fed him in the morning and he was very friendly so I left the trap and my number so hopefully he'll be home tomorrow morning with any luck. I can't believe the jerk let some stranger pet I'm but he won't come home with me :(

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Stupid Seville go back to your human :mad:

(At least he's alright :unsmith:)

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
hooray for finding him. go home dumbass!

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Endless Mike posted:

so

good news: I found him thanks to my FB post! he's fine and healthy and has been hanging around like two blocks away!

bad news: he decided he didn't want to come home and after chasing him around, I'm currently sitting outside in the area where I found him hoping he'll decide to come hang out. a lady came out and said she has fed him in the morning and he was very friendly so I left the trap and my number so hopefully he'll be home tomorrow morning with any luck. I can't believe the jerk let some stranger pet I'm but he won't come home with me :(

yay!

not completely home yet but still that's very yay! maybe she can just coax him inside or something.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

she has a girl cat who was apparently not thrilled with Seville hanging out so that might not be an option but we'll see

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
:woop:

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

so

what a scamp! i'm glad you found him :) i hope you get him inside soon!

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
haha come home seville!!

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

yay seville!!! i'm so glad he's all right even though he's being a jerk

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA
Seville's got a giiiirlfriend~

For real tho its great he'd been found. Cats is dumbasses, he'll be home soon.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
cats is dumbasses with purrs inside

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lmao seville you lil shithead

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Adbot