Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

edit: terrible snipe. have a cat

Bandire fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Mar 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Megabound posted:

Scoops turned 8 today!

baby scoops !!!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Bandire posted:

edit: terrible snipe. have a cat

If I fits I sits.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

scoops

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

happy scoopsday!!!!

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Good cats this page. Also I can't believe Scoops is so old, it feels like just yesterday was his gotcha day.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Quill would like to help you

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Happy birthday, Scoops!! :buddy:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Kwyndig posted:

Good cats this page. Also I can't believe Scoops is so old, it feels like just yesterday was his gotcha day.

is there another thread with more baby scoops??

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
don't worry widget, i won't tell anybody that you discovered the secret fort warms :3:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Fashionably Great posted:

don't worry widget, i won't tell anybody that you discovered the secret fort warms :3:

:3:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

graph posted:

is there another thread with more baby scoops??

I don’t think so but here’s some I dug up

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Megabound posted:

😻

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
i was not prepared for how adorable kitten scoops was

I think I had assumed he just materialized out of nowhere weighing 20 lbs

skaboomizzy fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Mar 28, 2024

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

HBD Scoops!!

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Hey guys, please keep my scrungly 15 year old rear end in a top hat Raiju in your thoughts today.

We’re going to the vet’s because I found him sleeping on bedding he had peed on and he hasn’t been bothering me for food like he normally does, though he’s been eating some of it when I bring it to him. Hopefully he’s just got an infection or something but I’m having flashbacks to December with his sister.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

ilu raiju ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Megabound posted:

small scoops small scoops small scoops

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

DreamingofRoses posted:

Hey guys, please keep my scrungly 15 year old rear end in a top hat Raiju in your thoughts today.

We’re going to the vet’s because I found him sleeping on bedding he had peed on and he hasn’t been bothering me for food like he normally does, though he’s been eating some of it when I bring it to him. Hopefully he’s just got an infection or something but I’m having flashbacks to December with his sister.

raju eat the food and feel better

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Turns out it’s probably a combination of a UTI just starting up, a knee injury he got somewhere and hip arthritis + some really lovely weather.

He got an injection of antibiotics, anti-inflammatories, and solensia, and currently seems to be doing okay at the house.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

DreamingofRoses posted:

Turns out it’s probably a combination of a UTI just starting up, a knee injury he got somewhere and hip arthritis + some really lovely weather.

He got an injection of antibiotics, anti-inflammatories, and solensia, and currently seems to be doing okay at the house.

feel better old kitty!

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

DreamingofRoses posted:

you got this sweetie!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

current cat status: letting my sadbrains and guilt rule over me re: prospective adoption

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Pollyanna posted:

current cat status: letting my sadbrains and guilt rule over me re: prospective adoption

YOU CAN DO IT

YOU CAN HAVE ANOTHER CAT LOVE YOU AND YOU LOVE THEM.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

well they’d have to respond to my drat voicemail first :mad:

Sehkmet
Oct 22, 2004
All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and UNLIMITED POWER.
you want to adopt a cat that has voicemail? goddamn I would too

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

DreamingofRoses posted:

Feel better soon, Raiju!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

this is that diabetic cat i mentioned a while back. apparently she’s been at the shelter since last september, 6 months as of this writing. 6 months and no takers which is some serious bullshit

so i’m incensed enough to consider adopting the cat cuz if no one else will, gently caress you, i will. clearly can’t trust anyone else to do it.

but that’s not a healthy approach to adoption. maybe the cat has so many health issues that it’d overwhelm me. maybe a cat that needs to be attended to every 12 hours on the dot is too much for a single person to handle. i’ll have to find out

all i know is that i see something unfair and it makes me angry enough to change it. so i wanna meet that cat. maybe i’d gently caress myself over if i adopted her, idk. rip dinners out on the town i guess??

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Talk to the shelter! "I'm interested in adopting this cat but I want to make sure I can care for her properly" is a good and respectable thing to think. It's also okay if her needs are too much for you; there are surely other adult cats who have been at the shelter a while and also need a home, and even if you adopt an adult cat who's "only" been there a month, you're doing a great good thing.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

this is that diabetic cat i mentioned a while back. apparently she’s been at the shelter since last september, 6 months as of this writing. 6 months and no takers which is some serious bullshit

so i’m incensed enough to consider adopting the cat cuz if no one else will, gently caress you, i will. clearly can’t trust anyone else to do it.

but that’s not a healthy approach to adoption. maybe the cat has so many health issues that it’d overwhelm me. maybe a cat that needs to be attended to every 12 hours on the dot is too much for a single person to handle. i’ll have to find out

all i know is that i see something unfair and it makes me angry enough to change it. so i wanna meet that cat. maybe i’d gently caress myself over if i adopted her, idk. rip dinners out on the town i guess??

all cats in shelters have had a bad shake and need help. you don't need to take on a medical case to be a hero. even if it's a perfectly healthy kitten, it still needs a home and a person who will love it. i would suggest going and meeting all the cats at the shelter. tippy was the last kitten sitting in a cardboard box out front of a walmart one night in late october, and thankfully somehow she ended up here, so the right cat will find you even if you're not looking, but go look

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Yeah, there is no wrong shelter cat to adopt. Adopting a healthy kitten who's been available for twelve hours is still getting a cat a good home and freeing up shelter resources for other needy animals.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh my I didn't realize tippy 's origin story was so sad. Good on you op for rescuing Tippy. Boo on irresponsible kitten handling.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

🥺 Baby Scoops…

I agree that there’s plenty of cats in need and that cat isn’t a good fit, there are other cats in need you’ll be an excellent fit for. 💕

(he is gently kicking me with one foot)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

i know i can’t save them all and that suffering isn’t comparative and all that poo poo but man it just fucks me up

i’m wondering though if like. what’s the best place for her to be. if the shelter has people around in shifts and an entire team that can take care of her, maybe that’s better for the cat than a single idiot? maybe i am not the right fit? maybe i don’t understand what’s really going on. lots to grill them on.

i’ll go see the cat, if they respond to my message. maybe i’ll just stop by during visiting hours even if they don’t, idk.

guilt complex i guess

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

i know i can’t save them all and that suffering isn’t comparative and all that poo poo but man it just fucks me up

i’m wondering though if like. what’s the best place for her to be. if the shelter has people around in shifts and an entire team that can take care of her, maybe that’s better for the cat than a single idiot? maybe i am not the right fit? maybe i don’t understand what’s really going on. lots to grill them on.

i’ll go see the cat, if they respond to my message. maybe i’ll just stop by during visiting hours even if they don’t, idk.

guilt complex i guess

tbh, if your lifestyle can't fit an extra needy cat, you can still find another, still needy cat that fits that puzzle piece in your life. give it a home and not feel ashamed, and you can still live your life. the shelter staff can care for her better than you can, you don't need to be a martyr for all cats

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
So, logically, I know that were I in Raiju’s paws I would absolutely want to do gently caress all for the rest of the day after going on a long, painful car ride to the vets where I got poked and prodded by needles while my hips hurt and I’m running a mild fever. He’s eaten some, he’s peed in the litter box, and he’s drunk some water since he got home, and now he’s back in his cave in my closet. What he needs is time and rest.

I cannot stop worrying about him. His poor back legs are painful and he doesn’t want to move.

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can

Prisszilla :3:

Kullik
Jan 5, 2017

Beep is getting so big, its hard to believe he was this size when i got him only a few months ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

That kitten pic is hella foreshadowing.