Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!
Sam is a pro loafer when he's not runnin back and forth for no reason.

I'll do it tomorrow.
\

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

devmd01 posted:

There's always a reason they're runnin back and forth, it's just that it's need to know information and you don't need to know.

I KNEW it!

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

Armadillos! posted:

So... So cute...

Holy gently caress that's awesome.

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!
C'mon little guy. Pull through. :(

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

A FUCKTON OF WEED posted:

Dexter Update-

He pulled through the night. He started coming out of his coma around 4am and responded to touch. When I picked him up from the emergency vet this morning he was meowing and obviously not happy, but leaned into my pets and skritches while I drove him to his regular vet.

At this point he's still not out of the woods but his kidney toxicity levels are doing ok. I'll learn more when his regular vet does a full screening.

Lulu seems good, and will probably be coming home soon.

This is awesome news! When he's better, you better give him a stern talking-to about eating anything other than cat food.

Then give him a big hug.

Edit: He's also probably exhausted after his ordeal :( Trust the vet and let him get his rest.

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

Tunnelman posted:

New Ewok movie comin' out.

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

A FUCKTON OF WEED posted:

Dexter is finally purring. My pal Clem is over and he is a catte dude like all of us, so Dexter is liking it.

"SO glad to be home."

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!
Better yet, buy one of the catnip plants from petsmart or some place.

Fresh is amazing. Just make sure you put it somewhere they can't get at it, or you'll come home to dirt and catweed scattered everywhere.

It'll probably spoil em tho. Once they get the chronic, the dirt weed is just yesterday's news.

Edit: Both my cats eat their catnip, and it doesn't make em sick or anything. And cats barf pretty easily in my experience. I think they just like the taste of it.

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

Sam catchin rays on this lazy afternoon.

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

Funhilde posted:

one more

Coming this Christmas on ABC Family...

Elmer the Unhappy Elf

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

SuspectedIdiot posted:

AAAAAAG! UN-SEE! UN-SEE!

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

Dollas posted:

I think riley is hungry....

"I see you noticed my new sign."

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

NITOS FLAME KEEPER posted:

a catte came into my flat today and made heself at home, had some leftover pastrami, and is now asleep on one of my lounge chairs

That cat is probably pregnant. Better come up with more names.

Do you have any other varieties of deli foods handy?

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

bradzilla posted:

catte in christmas tree

"Yo. Where be da birds up in dis piece?"

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

mod sassinator posted:

i wish my cat could understand language so we could have a heart to heart about no matter how much she cries i still can't let her outside. i wouldnt be able to call her names like little bastard and motherfucker though :/

Pepper gave up trying to get outside a while ago. If the door's open, she just kinda looks outside with this "gently caress that noise" look on her face.

Sam, on the other hand, thinks he wants to be outside, even though every time he got out, he'd run around for about 2 minutes, then get scared and find somewhere to hide til I'd find him. He thinks he's a badass, but he's not.

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

Yodzilla posted:

there's some crazy dude down the street from me that feeds outside cats and his place is always crawling with them. i really don't understand the dude because he gives the cats food but he's also always yelling at them and kicking at them as they follow him around

but today i almost ran over one of the new kittens that showed up there. the wind blew and a bunch of leaves swirled out into the street and it chased after them right in front of my car. i stopped in time thank god but the kitten just laid in the street playing with the leaves until i shooed it back up onto the sidewalk

i already have two cattes, one of which is one of these rescues from last october from the alley next to my house. i know we don't need a third cat again but dammit i can't help but want to check back on that fat-faced little grey kitten later today

Crazy dude down the street is your future self after you eventually decide to rescue all cattes.

Then you fell into a time warp or something and ended up living down the street from yourself.

Previously un-pictured: Pepper! Aka "Crankypants". I inherited her from my mother when she passed away in 2003, and she was "about 2 or 3" at that time. Apparently, she was a stray that had already been spayed and... front declawed :( I know the second bit pisses her off daily cuz she can't jump up on stuff like she used to. She's lost some teeth, and all the moving I've done over the last few years probably made her cranky, too.

And her arch nemesis, Sam. He was found as a stray outside my ex's house, and I got to keep him when I had to kick the ex out. He's about 3 years old now, and easily the coolest, loviest, funniest cat I've ever owned (don't tell Pepper!)

Sam had a brother named Moses. My ex was of the opinion that all cattes should run free. In the desert. With scorpions, snakes, and hick neighbors with dogs and guns. One day, Sam came home all freaked out without Moses, and Moses was never seen or heard from again :( Here's me taking a nap with Moses. RIP, Mo :(

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

law abiding rapist posted:

went late christmas tree shopping today and got helped by a CAT WITH THUMBS. apologies for the blurry pics but he wouldn't stop moving.

cat evolution is in progress
You met a Hemingway Catte!
http://www.hemingwayhome.com/cats/

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

Janin posted:

paintte every catte

But what happened to the breadsticks?
:ohdear:

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!
Just kidding. Very very neat. :)

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!
Oh hey, what's this?
A cat belly?

You know what to do...

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

duTrieux posted:

My arms are asleep!

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygbe4pK0nQM

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

Neu posted:

Black cattes are so loving handsome it's stupid.

Sup

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

ahhh spiders posted:

actualy, the cat thinks, this human is a retard, for working at a job he hates every day to pay for a car he only uses to drive to work

I have a car that I only get to drive twice a week.

:cry: Why?

Content:

Crash Loaf

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

graph posted:

old favorite

"No, I'm not a cat. I'm a goat. See my beard? *ahem* Mreaaa-a-a-a-aow. See? Goat."

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

This is Pepper. A month ago Saturday, I had to run an after-hours call, and when I came home, I found she had passed away. Just 4 hours earlier, she'd been happily snoozing in my lap, almost as if she knew it would be the last time.

She'd been slowing down and sleeping a lot, and I had pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I'd be faced with taking her to the vet to have her put down eventually. I'm sort of glad that she chose her time and gave me a sweet memory of our last day together. We had 9 years together, and I'm sure she was much older than that.

My other cat, Sam, was confused and even though they didn't really get along well, they put up with each other.

I caught him at least twice going to find Pepper to look out the window at birds, which was pretty much the only activity they ever did together. It was a little heartbreaking to hear him wandering through the house meowing, as if to say, "Hey Pepper! There's some birds outside. Wanna watch em? Pepper?"

So this weekend, I did something impulsive. I stopped at Petsmart to see if they had any live catnip plants (Sam practically mauls me to give him leaves off it, so they never last long enough to get established). They didn't have any in, so I wandered back to the adoption area, and met Tiger, an 8-month-old orange tabby.

They let me meet him in person, and the second they handed him to me, he started purring and nuzzling me as if to say, "Finally! Let's go home!" How could I resist? Of course I adopted him right there on the spot.

First order of business was to rename him. I can't believe people still name cats "Tiger". I settled on Nigel. Unique, and phonetically similar so he doesn't get confused.

Sam initially gave me the "WTF is this poo poo?" treatment, but in the last couple days, he's adjusted famously--I knew he would--and they're starting to settle into life together. A little hissing from both of them, some "Hey, I'm not ready to play WITH you yet" personal space things, but nothing I've had to get in the middle of, and no drama at all today.

Bonus pics:

Chillin' in the window, watching the sun set.

Sam making a face, and Nigel acting nonchalant.

It feels good to have two cats again. :)

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

graph posted:

rip pepper and congrats on your new gingercat

Thanks on both counts. It literally took me this long to build up the courage to post pictures of Pepper. It hit me really, really hard. She was my late mother's cat, and I agreed to take care of her less than a week before my mother passed, so it kinda dredged up all that old pain all over again.

Nigel is going to be a great cat. I haven't caught a good pic of it yet, but he's got a freakishly long tail--like 3 inches longer than a cat his size should have. I can only assume he'll grow into it. I'm sure I'll get some good toe-floof pics, too.

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!
Sam & Nigel update:

EEEEEEEEE! They're playing! :3:

No pics cuz I don't wanna ruin it. :)

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

law abiding rapist posted:

evil twin cat

Snidely Nipstash

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!
Filled the bird feeder for the first time since getting Nigel.

Boring video of Sam and Nigel trying to be stealthy and find a way through the screen and/or glass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RQ7usX26G8

Edit: Holy gently caress, table breakage.

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

Roosevelt posted:

fukken catte thread i need advise. my catte is not responsive to attention i give him petts and he likes them for a few second then is disinterested. i put him on my lap and he jumps off right away and walks off not caring.

help?

edit: *seconds

He's got poo poo to do. He'll find you when he's ready for pets.

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

Lookit dat happy cat!

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!
Current Nigel Status:

Diggin the relaxing if not the music.

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

Every day. It's impossible not to boop dat nose.

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!
Caught Sam doing his "dead kittie" bit this afternoon.

Sam?

Are you okay?

Jerk. You realize it'll take days for me realize you're not faking it if you DO die.

Nigel likes to sleep in the little cut-out space between the living room and the laundry room.

Look at the camera, Nige...

No, here...

No, at me!

Perfect. :downs:

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

Busket_in_Posket posted:

PrettyFace dump:

Seeing how well he likes the cheap, lovely 'nip before Dee eight's gets here. He vacuumed it up:

He got some in his ear:

Stay outta the house guts, and you can have all the cat weed you want. :)

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

PipeRifle posted:

Reuben gets the poop crazies and runs around the house like a madman immediately after using the box and I also go "WOOP! WOOP!" and run after him and he just goes nuts, tearing back and forth at full speed with his ears flat back while I run after him waving my arms and going "WOOOOP! YOUR BUTT IS HAUNTED!"

Doin this next time Nigel gets the poop scoot boogie goin.

Edit: ^^ How long do those last normally? And how hard are they to put on? Sam would probably sit still and cooperate long enough for me to apply them, but Nigel always squirms when I Pet-i-cure his claws. I'd have to ninja them on, and hope they stuck cuz he'd be tearing around immediately.

woodch fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Aug 16, 2012

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

graph posted:

pleaes reclaim human being charlie

he wouldn't let YOU go... c'mon man, take him back.

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

Yup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

Kirk posted:

"My God...

...I'm beautiful!"