Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Lum posted:

According to the description in the video the cat was found, unharmed, 15 hours later.

Two of the UK's biggest tablood newspapers, the Sun and the Mail ran with the story and the video so hopefully the person will be identified and caught. This is one thing those two rags are actually good for.

UPDATE!
I saw on Headline News while I was eating lunch that the women is Mary Bale, and there was an anti-Mary Bale facebook group that got removed and basically the UK wishes bad things upon the women. So if you're in the UK, harass Mary Bale!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Unexpected EOF posted:

Can I see a catte smile :3:

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I would live at a catte zoo if I could :3:

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Yodzilla posted:

what

Forums poster Migishu quoted the cat and responded with "diabeeeeeeetus" because the cat looks like Wilford Brimley.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Because the other cat doesn't move, that video freaks me out.

It also reminds me of a video I saw where a cat tried to revive his dead buddy. It was so sad, he just kept pawing at him and the little guy wouldn't move :(

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

nail posted:

i know my parents have a good digital camera, i dont know why they send such small pixely pictures but :3:

Because they get this giant image from the camera and use the worst software ever to shrink it.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
The lady and I are moving into a bigger apartment in a month, and also soon after that getting a catte or two. So excited :3:

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

fishmech posted:

/

adopt all cattes

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I'm honestly consdiering buying an SA subscription for my fiancee just so she can read this thread.

In other news, I'll probably be getting this catte: (NOT MY PICTURE OR MY HOUSE CHILL OUT GUYS)

She's a big fat lazy yellow bitch, I'm so excited :3:

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

rotor posted:

just let her read over your shoulder like the rest of us do, jesus

And let her into my computer hovel holy poo poo gently caress no.

jk i yospos on the couch with her

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Hey guys, I found it. It's the :3:est cat video of all time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXpgvsllTgs

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Coffee Jones posted:

mr cat: Been there. Done that.

I love Mr Kitten's look like he just got caught with his paw in the cookie jar. WUT? WUT U WANT?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I showed the picture of mr cat and mr kitten to my fiancee and she was like "is that mr cat and mr kitten?" :3:

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

mod sassinator posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0PduP7PXx0

i love when they jump on stuff

On a scale of 1 to a million, I want a loving cat.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

devmd01 posted:

yoscatting it up with some :bsg:

e: no i'm not happy about the christmas decorations in front of the center channel speaker but such is marriage

tolerate all waifu's bullshit

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Kirk posted:

watching ds9 & petting cats & drinking beer evening supremacy

jealous as gently caress

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
My fiancee is visiting her parents and sent me some pictures of their cats. I'd post the but her phone sent me a loving video slideshow instead of individual pics. But she did send me this text:

quote:

They say meow and purr. I will pette each catte everyday for you, dear :).

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

CoupleBeersNoBeers posted:

after reading this

windows + r
calc
did the math
well played

Accurate to 3 decimal places, poo poo son.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

graph posted:

cool on being able to identify child-targeted pop stars in photographs

That's not Hannah Montana, It's Miley Cyrus. Hannah Montana is Miley's fictional alter ego!

(trap double sprung, etc etc)

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

dee eight posted:

Dudley

These are the best words in the cat pic thread.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
New catte status: sleepy

Just came back from the shelter a while ago, he's currently napping in his carrier. He was found in an abandoned apartment and was really afraid at first but he's doing better. He came out of the carrier for a few minutes, but then he laid back down inside.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

pik_d posted:

pics?

It's dark and I don't want to freak him out with :pcgaming:flash:pcgaming: photography from my crappy point and shoot yet.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Yakattak posted:

ever heard of lights?

He's chilling in his carrier, even when he comes out on his own he just goes back in after a minute. Don't want to grab him and freak him out because he's kind of a scardy cat, though I'm sure that will pass.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

FISHMANPET posted:

He's chilling in his carrier, even when he comes out on his own he just goes back in after a minute. Don't want to grab him and freak him out because he's kind of a scardy cat, though I'm sure that will pass.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

relative_q posted:

thats a nice lookin cat you got there sir

He's got himself some nice white boots, but right now he's just content to sleep in his carrier.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

mod sassinator posted:

wanna rub that cat's belly

We just had some serious belly scratching time, he loved it.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
At the shelter on Saturday there was cat named Frisky. He was a big fat gently caress, his head reminded me of a palla (so he looked really dumb). He also played the part, as he spent the whole time in his cage just chilling in his litter box.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
No, he had a blanket and everything. I think he was a really dumb cat. You couldn't even get his attention. He'd just glance at you for a second, then go back to staring off into space.

I wanted to take him out of the cage and play with him but we looked at the other guy first, and took him instead.

Fake edit: This is frisky: http://www.animalhumanesociety.org/adoption/detail?id=12278884

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Trig Discipline posted:

norman decided to practice his pole dancing in the back yard today

I'd slip a :10bux: in his collar any day.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Need more camerachat itt.

How the hell do I take good pictures of new catte? First I guess I need to find my (old) P&S and stop using my Droid...

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

enotnert posted:

Should stop using that Droid, and get an iPhone. . . much better camera and UI

Ugh, iPhone interface is for idiots.

And even then it's too complicated sometimes.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Hey Yospos have some pictures

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
We finally decided to name our catte, he's Benjamin. Also, shamelessly reposting this pic because he didn't get enough love 2 pages ago :catstare:

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
We went to PetSmart to get some litter and such, and they had some pets for adoption there. One was a 7 year old fat orange lazy guy named Chester. We wanted him so bad, but we're not really ready for two cats yet.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Trig Discipline posted:

YES YOU ARE GO GET CHESTER

We live in a 966 Sq ft 2 bedroom apartment, and I don't really have a good place to put a second litter box (is that necessary?)

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

A Curvy Goonette posted:

most sites recommend that you have 1 box per cat + 1

That's what the guide from the humane society said, but I think they're a part of the kitty litter cabal. Also that poo poo was expensive at the shelter. 9 bucks for little jar that was a little more than enough to fill the box, and at Petsmart we got a giant loving bucket for 11 bucks.

rotor posted:

adopt that cat bro
Texted that to my fiancée, she is the best (even better than my catte)

~*~a girl~*~ posted:

You mean "adoptte thatte catte" ;)

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Trig Discipline posted:

let's compare two scenarios

in scenario 1 you have three cats, four litterboxes, and you change/scoop them all once a week the day before the trash goes out

in scenario 2 you have three cats, one litterbox, and you change/scoop it four times a week

in which scenario is the maximum amount of standing turds-in-box (known in the biz as MaxTIB) attained?

I scoop the box every morning like a boss, because Ben is needy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Trig Discipline posted:

we have multiple boxes and scoop every other day

more often now that we have franklin, who we now call Stanklin for good reason because holy poo poo

At first Ben was a night pooper. He would wait until we would go to sleep to take care of business. That was great because the litter would absorb the smell and the poop would dry over night. Now sometimes he waits until I've scooped the pee in the morning, then comes and does his business, which is just horrendous. Worse than anything I've ever done I'm pretty sure, and he's such a little guy!