Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

FISHMANPET posted:

Someone posted a link to a site with cat trees a while back, and I don't have plat, so...

http://www.therefinedfeline.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

FISHMANPET posted:

Those are pretty sweet.

The lady at PetSmart said you should get one with a bunch of textures, the ones they had were carpet, rope, bare wood, and the edge of cardboard. All of those are carpet and rope only. I might build one myself, if I can find a good plan or get a decent idea.

The lady at the store told you to get the model with all the bells and whistles did she? It's a cat just get them something they can scratch, they're used to using tree trunks and poo poo outside they're not picky. It's also good for you if it doesn't make your room look ugly.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Kirk posted:

cats are crepuscular

Cats love Twilight

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

my dog boyfriend!!! posted:

holy poo poo uuuuugh. somebody post a funny/cute thing. whoever iti s needs to posted crosseyed baby

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

mod sassinator posted:

post more pics of girls with cats on they heads

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

dunkman posted:

you obvs got a great camera, but try to focus on the eyes not the cattes nose!

Hmm yes good idea this is a good shot thanks for the advice

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Kirk posted:

are those things really that much better than regular cat brushes (ex: http://www.groomersmall.com/images/Mars-Pin-BrushLGLG.jpg)

Yes but not $50 better just get a shedding rake or shedding blade they're like five dollars.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

CoupleBeersNoBeers posted:

where can i get these things

where else but etsy whiskerkisses.etsy.com

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

A Curvy Goonette posted:

chestnuts?

sweet gum tree pod (its not really gum don't chew it)

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

flyboi your av is a good av

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

PipeRifle posted:

I wish I kept track of all the avatars and stuff I made for people

fun fact I made :effort: but I never expected anyone to buy or use it but it's one of the ones I see on the forums most often because no one likes putting effort into things

Sorry about that

If you made this smiley sized and did better than the lovely one I attempted I'd cert u a forums upgrade or whatever you wanted I have more money than talent.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

my dog boyfriend!!! posted:

i'm pretty sure adopting a second cat will be the straw that breaks my dad's back, he barely believes i can take care of faraday as it is. moreover, i have my housemate to consider come this fall. we did agree on one cat. :(

i'm not opposed to getting a second cat someday, but it really can't be for a while. in the meantime im tryna get toys that he can play with by himself cause the laser and featherthing arent cuttin it, and maybe a tower or something.

Get those cheap tiny fur mice my cat loves those. The secret is to rotate them so they're "new" to the cat every few weeks idk why this works but it does, thanks for listening.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

A Curvy Goonette posted:

Post Pictures Of Cats

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Jonny 290 posted:

this is pro as gently caress but if they be helicopter parents that catte is now shelterbound because it's 'feral'

friends gave their super awesome and chill catte to the shelter because they had a baby and WELL SHE'LL BE CRAWLING ON THE FLOOR AND THERE WILL BE LITTER EVERYWHERE =/

also they never trimmed dem claws i get SO MAD when people dont trim their cattes claws

Quotin this from all the way back in time to Friday to say I'd never heard that term but it sounds like a stupid way to parent, also your friends are stupid well thanks for reading this post.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

PipeRifle posted:

I have successfully taught Fergus the command "pound it", in which you hold your fist out to him and say "pound it" and he headbutts your fist. Combined with his floofy toes and general orangeness I am ready to call him best cat ever

I know the next trick I'm teaching my cat now, thanks.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

slingshot effect posted:

But I don't know if a cat avatar is the right choice for me :ohdear:

everyone should have a cat avatar in my humble opinion cause for one cats are awesome and for two every time you post even though it's a poo poo post there's a cat picture to go along with it which makes it easier on everyone else (take this post for example).

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

PipeRifle posted:

Trophy wins everything, calling it right now

I mean her name is Trophy for pete's sake

Her full name is Silver Trophy, literally second best.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

here is a sunday morining catte pic of trophy

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Kirk posted:

someone find a headshot of captain kirk as a cat and i will literally use it

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

gently caress drop shadows

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

forums user hog wizard has some purdy lookin cattes

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3387278

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

relative_q posted:

yeah i bet those cats cost a shitload of loot

cat sig check

Look, if you want a good loaf you gotta spend some bread

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Neu posted:

not really true. Usually the more a cat costs the more annoying it is.

Sure, your cat looks awesome, but at 3 am when your cat is jumping across your bedroom and waking you up you won't think it's so awesome.

For comparison my roommate's gf has bengal cats. They look rad but are super loving annoying. They also cost over 1k, probably about $1500 now.

hey thnaks for the seriouspost reply to my dadjoke pun

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

duTrieux posted:

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

PipeRifle posted:

Here is the answer and also a sig

very nice

here's a random PI catte in a cast

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

DOOMocrat posted:

i've always had cats and taken humane care of them as much as i could, but this is the first time i'm financially responsible for one

would like to hear some pet health insurance opinions/recommendations from yosbros

If you live in the US get a savings account if you live in the UK go for it I have no clue about other countries sorry.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

DOOMocrat posted:

got plenty of money to pay cash, would like to pay less cash with insurance

wanna go home and play with him omg

In the US animals are insured as property and the term is yearly meaning if they get sick it's automatically a pre-existing condition next year and you're poo poo out of luck. The only ones that aren't poo poo are things like CareCredit which is just a credit card, if you have cash use that instead. Welcome to adulthood you have things that depend on you try not to gently caress it up.

Edit: also breed-specific illnesses are always pre-existing which is just super

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

A Curvy Goonette posted:

hey so i bought this duck to bake. is it cool to give the cat the neck or innards or poo poo? otherwise i'm just throwing them away/saving the neck for stock.

go hog wild also don't worry about whoever was warning you about brittle bones, they're only brittle after you cook them. raw bones are relatively safe

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

if gizmo is sunning and nobody is around to hear her talk about it is she really sunning?

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Neu posted:

When that first 90's batman movie came out my brother and I would do this to our cats and say "Jack's dead my friend, you can call me ... The Joker."

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

This is the best internet thread

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

always wanted to have the gooniest cat on earth well now you can

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

man i really need to start taking more pics of my cat, only taken a couple in the last month or so. shameful.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

duTrieux posted:

wraithgar, if you don't have new pictures then please post a greatest hits collection.

now that's what i call trophy! vol 7 or something, idk.

thanks in advance.
i will take at least one new pic of my catte every week for the purposes of this thread alone starting monday
i will post at least one old picture of trophy in this thread every work day until at least the first day of tyool 2012 starting now

hahahahahahah get it?

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

fork bomb posted:

make the tag the little kitten face i have under my av

i am bad at gifs

welp have ag ood weekend

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Funhilde posted: