Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

Eggplant Wizard posted:

PI sends you kittens

That one would be mine. :3:
Her name is Mercredi and she's a reprehensible beast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Tummy
Toes

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Mercredi has a pickle box.

She has a pickle box in an effort to keep her from doing this.

Mercredi's opinion on my tactics?

... :sigh:
Already have had to wash that mouse pad twice from where she charges in and hops up there right after making a deposit in the litter box.
Speaking of the litter box, she decided to scoop out the first poo she had in there after I changed the litter and batted around the hallway. She has toys. I swear.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

I just washed that mouse pad! It's still damp! Your box and bedding is right there!

Obstinate.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

And now the box is suddenly like a cloud in the very heavens themselves for Mercredi.

Aaaaaaaw yeeeeeah~
Sleeping on her back and making little squeaky snores and twitching her paws and it's either an adorable seizure or a good snooze.

Edit: And that belly? That belly... is so velvety and full of scrambled egg. :3:

tokomon fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jul 5, 2012

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

My camera is old and lovely. I apologize.
Mercredi keeps kicking the mouse off to sit on the pad and chase her tail.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7Drx21ZvNU

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Mercredi got a new best friend today made from rabbit fur.
Naturally, new best friend is dragged to join her in the pickle box.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

I was gathering eggs from the hens this afternoon and accidentally cracked one. So Mercredi is having a snack of fresh scrambled egg. She's also just played a whole loving lot. I expect a kitten coma here in a few moments.
An adorable kitten coma. :3:

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Wilhelm_Scream.wav posted:

Did you name cat after the french version of the addams family daughter

Why, yes. Yes I did.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

And that's how we sleep around here.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Edge Case Sperglor posted:

hello, mr. olive

Best part is, the Mt. Olive pickle box was one Mercredi's brother Gus (from a previous litter) also slept in.

It's a hand-meow-down. :rimshot:

I'm sorry. That last bit was physically painful to type.

In apologies, a pathetic cat assortment.

Gus, Mercredi's older brother (no tail)

Red, recently departed stray that hung around dad's place. loving awesome catte.

The following are Isis. She died last month at a good age, considering... Somewhere in her late teens. She was always very small but very sweet.

Isis with my dad's cat Floyd

Floyd's pretty big

Mercredi was kind of an accident. After Isis died I'd decided to wait a couple of months and pick through shelters for an adult cat buddy. One night a couple of weeks ago, though, I'd gone outside to check on the hens since it had started raining unexpectedly. I heard a faint, weak mewing coming from my car as I went past it and returned to pop the hood after I finished with the chicken business. Sitting on my engine block was this tiny, hungry, dehydrated kitten. I brought her inside, got her fed, gave her some water, and... well. There we go. Wasn't so much a case of me picking out a new kitten as it was a case of a kitten finding me.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Mercredi has discovered that there's chickens outside.
She's been sitting on my shoulder and watching them through the window for a few hours now. Wee beastie always gets particularly unhappy when they move past the range of the window.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Mercredi was laying like this and snoring like an old farty fat man.

So I woke her up and got this look.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

That's just par for the course.

She waits until my guard is down...

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

It begins again...

She knocked the box crooked playing in it earlier.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Friend's catte named Trouble.
He has thumbs.

In other news:
Mercredi has a new black collar with silver moons and stars. Might replace jingly bell with a charm that's more Addams Family-ish when she gets a little bigger.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Took her 10 minutes to figure out how to get back out.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Early morning bag lurk.

And she does dishes (sorta).

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Mercredi's a pervert.
She spends her evenings looking at cocks.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

fork bomb posted:

french words make the best cat names :3

Mercredi agrees.

And yay! Pretty Mommy! :3:

Edit: Although the step-father person is asking why I don't give her a "simple" name like Kit or Ellie. :crossarms:
All his cats had/have short people names like Zoe, Gus, Ann, and Bea.

tokomon fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jul 26, 2012

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

I took a shower earlier and, after getting dressed and having lunch, realized I didn't have a clue where Mercredi was but I could hear the bell on her collar jingling like mad.
I found her in the bathtub.
She'd dragged several toys in there and was playing with them in some sort of gladiatorial arena mock up or something.
The cat is wet.
The toys are wet.
She's pleased and getting a nap now.

Smug little...

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

wargames posted:

Tokomon you have my cat I swear it.

So... uh... Can I hit you up for catte support? :j:

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

I have to swing up to Virginia to dog sit for my mother the middle of August. Since there's no one around here that I trust to come over and babysit Mercredi, much less any one who I'd want to take her in for a bit over a week, she'll be coming with me. My car's AC kinda sucks and I'm afraid of her getting overheated in the pet taxi so I bought a harness. It's made for small dogs, so I'm hoping it'll fit a 3-4 month old kitten. I also got a seat belt clip with a short lead so I can buckle her in.
I hope it'll work alright for her. :ohdear:

She's been in excellent form the last few days. Aside from the toys being put in the bath tub, she has also:
- Stolen/eaten two dinner rolls.
- Found the adult stuff box and managed to pull open a drawer and get into it. Withholding further commentary on that.
- Learned to stand on her hind feet on cue.
- Declared war on the ceiling fan above the bed. She spits and swats at it in the mornings.
- Learned to open at least one cabinet.

I suspect that it's only a matter of time before she finds a way to make purchase of weaponized thumbs powered by uranium. When she does, we're all hosed.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

fork bomb posted:

harness will be good for rest stops n such, but i would nix the idea of the seat belt clip. she'll prob be much less stressed if you let her roam the car than she would be if she's stuck to the seat. just put a litter box on the back floorboard and keep her out from under your pedals

Yeah... The clip is mostly for when I have to stop and get gas and stuff. I'm going to take a couple of short trips (20-30 min) locally to see how bad she is for wanting to get under my feet while driving. I took her on some small trips a few weeks ago and she mostly hid in my hair and bra. She's grown a lot since then, though, so I don't think it'll go down that way again.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Attachment parenting. Kitten edition.
Sometimes all you can do is make a sling and drop the kitten in to sleep.

gently caress you for taking pictures.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Mercredi visited the vet today ... She's not the happiest little beast in the world.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Mercredi has settled in to a new habit.
When she hears me going into the bathroom, she runs in. If I'm on the toilet she will promptly make the best effort to use the litter box. If I am doing anything other than using the can, she hops in the bath tub to play.
Even when she's been feeling under the weather from her vaccinations and being mopey, she still followed me in each and every time.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

wargames posted:

Censor this please we don't need that type of smut in this thread.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Mercredi's been proving drat hard to get a decent picture of.

Okay... let's try to get one with the eyes open...

Maybe later ...

That'll do, I guess.

In crazy cat lady news, I'm talking with a friend about knitting or crocheting a catsling. It's like a babysling but for a cat. Just tired of turning my clothes into cat hidey spots for naps or when she gets scared at the vet's.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

beatlegs posted:

aww

reminds me of gizmoe when he was a wee lad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSTmIPC2TpY

Played that and she came running from the other end of the house looking for the other kitten. Just as chirpy and excited as can be. :3:

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Less than enthused with the new harness.

She's napping in it though, so whatever. Next up is leash training her. Good times.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

we tried one of the mesh harnesses and nargle would NOT have it

she literally crawls into her other one on command though, sticks her left paw out to put it through the loop and everything. it owns

I'll probably switch her to one of the loopy/strappy style harnesses when she's a bit more used to a leash and all. I'm paranoid of another style until she's more familiar with it all due to a bad experience with another cat that ended with someone going to the ER.

Edit:

gently caress you, my house

tokomon fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Aug 8, 2012

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Grey cattes hells yeah

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

wargames posted:

Tokomon, Eggplant wizard do either of your grey kitten like to play with running water or shower curtains?

Mercredi gets in the shower with me. She avoids the water stream from above as much as she can, skirts around the edge, and attacks both the faucet and the drain. She also plays with the shower curtains and splashes around in any standing water.
Merc has also decided that the BEST tasting water, right after whatever beverage I'm drinking, is what's standing in the tub after I've gotten out.
Blessedly, she hasn't discovered sinks yet.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

I feel suspicious every time Mercredi runs up to with wet paws of unknown origin and wants to climb all over me.

Edit: This time it was shampoo.

tokomon fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Aug 11, 2012

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

It's pee. You're having pee rubbed all over you. Catte pee.

Shampoo this time. Lavender scented. :3:

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Mercredi went for a walk just a bit ago.
Not the best of walkies since she stuck close to the house/well house the whole time and seemed wary of something despite not giving two damns and frolicking all over previously. I found out what it was later, but I'll get to that in a sec ... For now: Pics.

Roosters live on the other side of the fence but were hiding behind an out building. She knew they were there, though.

Black thing is just a hose attached to the well house.

Attempts to climb the well house? Unsuccessful at this time.

Right about here she started getting extremely tense and uneasy, so I went ahead and brought her in. About the time I did so, I heard the unmistakable dulcet tones of a few coyotes in the field a couple hundred feet away yipping about ... something or other. Probably killed a rabbit or some tasty bit of whatever.

Also saw Merc's mother prancing away through the chicken run with a snake for her dindin. :3:

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

dee eight posted:

if i can isolate that plant and clone it i will call it bazooka joe and sell it by quarters and eighths

I suddenly want this as I have never wanted a particular bit of catnip in my life.

IN OTHER NEWS...

I took Mercredi for another walk today. We stayed in the back behind fencing in case the coyotes were still out... Which meant that we were in there with three roosters (Curly, Larry, and Shemp) who Merc harassed the everliving gently caress out of much to her pleasure. Of course, this noise attracted a visitor: Merc Mom.

Mercredi seemed to recognize her after she got a whiff in the air and bounded over with her tail up and making happy kitten noises. Merc Mom, though ... Just started growling when Mercredi got too close. That confused the poor little girl. She kept trying to edge closer and, at one point, managed to touch noses and exchange a lick. As soon as that happened, though... Straight back to growling. Mercredi finally fuzzed up after that. Unfortunately, all my pics are after that point.
Poor Mercredi was so confused as to why mommy was growling at her. :smith:
Merc Mom never did anything beyond growling, though, and eventually just left after Mercredi made a final last-ditch effort to get close.

(fuzzed tail going floof)

Merc Mom just followed us around, chilling and playing with bugs and stuff. She's so pretty. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Mercredi made the trip up to Virginia a few days ago just fine. She spent most of the ride either on my shoulder or in my lap. Thankfully, keeping a leash on her made it easy to prevent her from suddenly bolting under the pedals. We arrived safely despite me getting temporarily lost in Louisa/Mineral.
She's been on uncertain terms with the other cats (Gus and Oze) and veeeery uncertain terms with the two inside boxers Oskar and Daisi.
However, there is temporary and occasional peace.

It smells like dog farts in here.

Merc has also discovered that playing in the sink is awesome, chasing and catching skinks, and that attempting to chase dragonflies is often futile. Oze, a rather ancient and regrettably shaved Maine coon refuses to play with her despite Mercredi designating his tail as The Best Toy. Gus, blood relative to Merc and a year older, refuses to play with her and seems to enjoy stealing her food, pissing on the floor around her litter box, and stealing all her toys more. Gus is being an rear end in a top hat and prefers to be outside all day anyway.
As for the dogs ... they're mostly too concerned with worrying the poo poo out of me, eating, and farting to bother about a kitten.