Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
i did not know bub was voiced by frank welker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
this is chewy

chewy doesnt like you

maybe she does

shes nearly 16 but still manages to make a mess of things

also really lazy like most cattes

she does not like our dog, but our dog really wants to be her pal

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

McDragon posted:

Grey cats are great.
indeed they are. had a gray cat until last year named Grey (we got her when i was 7, lay off)

she had a tiny head but a big heart

she also loved to loaf and was very affectionate, made biscuits on everybody and had a sing-song meow

here she is sharing an ottoman with my other cat chewy

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

mod sassinator posted:

lol my girl is a little bit of a beast at the vet. as soon as the vet walks in her tail goes up in alert mode and there's usually some hissing. on the plus side its easy to see a cats teeth when they hiss
chewy is also a beast at the vet, especially when it comes to peeing in her crate, and on you if you try to get her into her crate, and its a two person job to get her into the crate and to the vet. it got to the point where the vet gave us tranquilizer pills to give her a few hours before each visit. one of the last times we didn't tranq her, they needed to get a urine sample, looked in the crate and went "oh... nevermind."

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
goodbye mr cat

you have served your catte duties well

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

how has no one named their catte this?

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
family putting up christmas tree when i happened to spot this ornament

trophy has invaded my life!

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
chewy status:

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
hey chewy

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
I know we agreed that 2013 would be the year no cats died, but…

My cat Chewy is now a whopping 16 years old. She survived a move all the way from Georgia to New York, and an active, happy puppy that tested her patience many a time. Chewy's a fighter; she will poop, pee, and barf on anything you like if you rubbed her the wrong way. She hates going to the vet, and became so difficult for the vets and for us that we decided about two years ago to only bring her under extraordinary circumstances.

We knew she'd had kidney problems for a while, but my mom got a feeling that something more was wrong with her, and took her to the vet on Friday (it took four attempts to sedate her before putting her in her crate). Long story short, Chewy's kidneys had gotten worse, there was protein and blood in her urine, she had irritable bowel syndrome, possibly leukemia, and a whole slew of other problems. The vet gave her two months at most.

My folks are going to teach and help out at a school in Senegal from February until mid-March, I'm in grad school, and since Chewy is feeling like utter poo poo, and its plain to see she's on her last legs, we're putting her down next Saturday.

For the first time since 1995, my parents' house will be cat-less. :(

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
To bring some levity to this, my mom told me about the comedy of errors that was Chewy's vet visit.

The vet actually started supplying us with tranquilizer pills a few years ago specifically because Chewy is such a pain in the rear end for all involved. It took four attempts to sedate her enough to get her into her crate.

First, my mom crushed the pill into some chicken. Chewy took one nibble, and walked away from it. Next my mom crushed the pill in salmon. Same thing. Finally my mom and dad decided to just grab Chewy and shove the pill down her throat. At first this was successful, until thirty seconds later when she spat it up. They tried again, and finally got her to swallow the pill.

Chewy was at the vet from about 10am to 7pm while they ran blood, stool, and urine tests of just about every variety on her. She peed so much on the vets that they had a mop on standby. The vets had given her even more sedatives so that she'd be fast asleep during the tests. When my mom came to pick her up, she said Chewy was on the exam table 'stiff as a board' she was so zonked out by the sedatives. The vet puts his hand on Chewy's back and gets a mean "RRRRRAEEEEOOWWWW!!!" *hiss* *hiss*

Even with sedatives galore, and even though she can barely move a muscle, Chewy is so powered by fury that she can sense when people are touching her when she doesn't want to be touched.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

Radio! posted:

this, plus knowing that you gave your catbro an awesome life
Exactly. When I lost Grey (also 16 years old), this is what I told myself. She'd had the best life; scritches, food, and the occasional escape outdoors to explore around. Chewy's had the same thing. The best thing you can do for a cat is adopt it, give it a good home, plenty of love. Just know in the back of your head that one day you're going to have to say goodbye.

Tag Plastic posted:

I know I never post here, but I thought I'd quote this for reference:
Awww! Thank you. Forgot I posted those here.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
to make Chewy's last week on this Earth a great one, my mom has picked up a nice rotisserie chicken exclusively for cat consumption

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

Goodbye, Chewy. 1996-2013.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

teh z0rg posted:

i mean yeah it's sad and all but 17 is a long time and you now have room for a new model
she did have a good long life, and gave no fucks. absolutely defiant to the end by peeing in front of her litterbox mere hours before we took her to the vet.

as for a new cat, i don't want to rush things. i'll probably move to a new apartment when my lease is up in sept. (current one doesn't allow pets) and will probably get a kitten then if my life isn't too terribly busy.

gonna be weird not to have a cat at my parent's house though. grey (who died in 2011) was our first and we got in january 1995. that's 18 years of having at least one cat.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
dem gums!

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlU_fAhEb9A

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

duckfarts posted:

wat the gently caress is happening

they on meds?

(watching cattes on meds == guilty pleasure)
they are acting exactly like my cats did when they were given anesthesia at the vet

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
best thing about that gif: the dog looks at you and not refurb as if to say, "why did you do that?"

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

A Curvy Goonette posted:

shocking new information rocks the yospos cat thread, as blacksteban actually revealed to be very dark brown. more as it happens.
that happens with some cats because of their grooming habits. the tongue will actually make the most-groomed parts of their fur a copper brown iirc.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
refurb jumpin on the lil bub bandwagon

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
BEWARE THE EYES THAT PARALYZE!!!

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
why did you let gaspar noe light your house?

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
why is it that when larger animals see a cat, the first instinct is 'i must poke this small thing with my snout'?

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
:3:
lou reminds me so much of my late, lamented cat grey. always happy to see you and always (loudly) wondering why you weren't giving her pets.
for reference:

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
:3: high heel kitty

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
elena, you had a good run and its sad to see you go :(

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
been feeling down and out, but seeing you irritate your cat has made me feel reinvigorated. tonging has been raised to the next level.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
tryin to knead that pizza dough into biscuits :3:

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

Cygni posted:

i just moved into a new place and a strange thing appeared on my couch

this is ace, he got a pink nose

i think were gonna be pals

how did you get a clone of my last cat?

ijustam posted:

banana is at the emergency vet today after straining to poop and throwing up foam

found out he's lost 2.5 lbs since march so that's no good

they're gonna do an xray and an enema and hopefully that'll be it
get well banana!

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
farm cat and horses
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P4JKM3RLQ0&t=76s

wobbly cat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfsHEXifPfk

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
it looks like your cat is trying to end it all

(seriously, whats he chewing on?)

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
looking through my photo album, i forgot i had taken these. my aunt has a farm house which being a farm house is home to a single semi-feral cat she has nicknamed Puss. he isn't allowed indoors because he's not in the least bit housebroken, is aggressive, and would probably destroy her home.

do not touch him or he'll claw your arms.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
babby has learned from the master of looking up expectantly

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
look at those teeth. this cat is going to grow tusks when it gets old.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
impossible
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyPz0O9QQiQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
the most graceful and dignified of god's creatures