Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq5D0ZRyzyE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
drat it that video started out so cute

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Mostly all women are so stupid all they gonna do is cry and scream and try to talk out a deer to go away.

quote:

human being dog got hosed the poo poo up.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
another oldie

kitty cj:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0osoXO2EW0

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

johndis posted:

also my dad always hated cats but then we got a calico and he loved it because it would hang out with him when he was taking a poo poo

does it also watch you when you post?

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
a stray cat attacked me in my back yard 2 weeks ago and left 2 long fang gashes in my hand and another claw gash across my arm.

i still ended up feeding it

(after disinfecting my arm of course)

my cats:

after summer trim:

and a random stray that was at my step one day:

BANME.sh fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jun 29, 2010

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
they don't like to share the top level of the cat stand. the big one wanted up but the little one won't budge. :3:

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q2s8AJbsps

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

quote:

An Alberta family has been reunited with their cat, which somehow travelled more than 1,000 kilometres northwest to Whitehorse over the past eight months.

Weezie the wandering feline was found last week in the Yukon capital, with a microchip bearing the owner's name and address in Peace River, Alta.

City bylaw officials contacted the McGillivray family in Peace River, a town northwest of Edmonton, with the good news.

Surprised family members travelled to Whitehorse on Tuesday to retrieve their long-missing pet. They were slated to leave Whitehorse, with Weezie in tow, on Wednesday morning.

Whitehorse is about 1,142 kilometres northwest of Peace River by air, according to Natural Resources Canada. The distance by road is closer to 1,600 kilometres, according to Google Maps.

As for how Weezie ended up in Whitehorse, she's not talking.

:3:

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

got dat wmd posted:

How bad do cats have separation anxiety when you bring them home as kittens? When I got my dog years ago he pretty much stayed in one room the first day staring at the corner then cried all night. :( A day later he managed to crawl out into the hallway and sit there for 6-7 hours before we convinced him to move a few inches.

if you take them at the proper age its not a very big deal. they might cower a bit for a day but then they just act like any cat

cats rule dogs drool

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDa5IO9ASoc

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
owning a cat like that would be awesome but i can't help but feel bad for the cats in the animal shelters who need homes, and if i paid for a specific breed while other cats were being put to sleep i'd feel even worse :(

my two cats were former strays rescued off the street :3:

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
growing up, we adopted two farm cats. my brother and i both got to choose one out of a litter of about 8 or so, and we ended up picking the most dominant one plus the runt. most definitely saved the runt's life but also left the others we had to leave behind with more food by taking the dominant one as well

feels good man

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
it just happened that way. my brother and i were kids and then it wasnt until later that we realized the impact

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
one of my cattes

so bored

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
50 cent uses windows 7

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
had a yard sale this weekend to get rid of a ton of clutter and trash my fiancee's mom likes to collect and then give to us because there's no room for it in her house

anyway had some visitors

yard sales are the worst, gonna just dump off everything at a thrift store next time

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

Kirk posted:

they were in my city last weekend :mmmhmm:

did you go? i wanted to but i procrastinated getting tickets

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

Kirk posted:

snipe

i was gonna but i went out drinking w/ friend instead. honestly i found out about it really late, i wish there was a master list of bands playing in edmonton somewhere. i missed chali 2na last month :mad:

they were playing two nights in a row anyway so you missed out double time (me too)

i usually just subscribe to the last.fm recommended events rss and it works p well

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
you listen to music in whatever player you use, and it records stats of what you listen to. then years later you can look back on trends like a big nerd

and then you can join the yospos group http://www.last.fm/group/yospos

there is also radio but it costs $3/mo now

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

Yodzilla posted:

the scrobbler barely works for the ipod. i can listen to it for weeks and then when i plug it in last.fm scrobbles like three songs

yeah it's best to just jailbreak it and then use one of the scrobblers that runs in the background

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
anyone under 30 owns at least one piece of ikea furniture hth

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
1990s black electronics are so ugly

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

Tom Collins posted:

why does anyone bother doing that when you can just download someone else's vinyl rip / CD rip that will sound better with way less effort?

the point of a record player is to loving listen to records

this. except in the rare case when the recording isn't available on CD, but chances are somebody has already ripped it anyway. just gotta know where to look :filez:

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

graph posted:

i literally wont watch anything that's not in HDTV format anymore

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
i don't care about sports, nature shows own in HD especially if you have the channel that shows imax original documentaries.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
i like how it's cropped off center

it works i think

v:downs:v

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
i heard that cats just dont give a gently caress

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
Meet Ace (bottom) with his brother Toby (top), taken about 8 or 9 years ago:

More recent, but still maybe 5 years ago:

and more of Toby's awesome teeth:

Since then, Toby had his front fangs removed because of gum problems. He looks a little goofy but it lets him eat a lot easier since he's not dealing with the pain of gum disease.

Ace has diabetes (which he takes an insulin shot for, daily) and liver disease, so he lost a ton of weight. He is just a bunch of skin and bones right now. The vet said they can't do much anymore, and he has no appetite so my parents are force feeding him blended up food through a fat syringe.

They are both pushing 14 or 15 years old, so I guess it's just that time. Having these guys around since I was 11, they've been with my family for more than half my life.

Here's hoping Ace pulls through and is able to kick around for at least a couple more years (without suffering of course).

Post more cat pics

:unsmith:

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
if you don't like your cat drooling just poke his cheek right in the spot where his upper teeth meet the lower teeth. it'll force him to open his mouth a bit, and then he'll swallow all the saliva. works great with all the cats i've tried it on.

cat tips

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

iamthejeff posted:

Meet Ace (bottom) with his brother Toby (top), taken about 8 or 9 years ago:

More recent, but still maybe 5 years ago:

and more of Toby's awesome teeth:

Since then, Toby had his front fangs removed because of gum problems. He looks a little goofy but it lets him eat a lot easier since he's not dealing with the pain of gum disease.

Ace has diabetes (which he takes an insulin shot for, daily) and liver disease, so he lost a ton of weight. He is just a bunch of skin and bones right now. The vet said they can't do much anymore, and he has no appetite so my parents are force feeding him blended up food through a fat syringe.

They are both pushing 14 or 15 years old, so I guess it's just that time. Having these guys around since I was 11, they've been with my family for more than half my life.

Here's hoping Ace pulls through and is able to kick around for at least a couple more years (without suffering of course).

Post more cat pics

:unsmith:

Just got an email from my mom that they had to put him down because he got worse and the vet said they found a tumor the size of a walnut in his pancreas. drat

:smith:

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
the best is when it's warm and a bit of snow melts on top then freezes overnight forming a super thin layer of ice. then letting your cat try to walk on it.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

Pardot posted:

also thought it was 3 flames

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
my camera sucks in low light but here are some pics of one of my cats!!!

and an older one which i may or may not have posted before

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzz8SojS3D8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??