Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
weasel is 17

totally not spoiled at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Weasel finished up her radiation treatments this week. They gave her a little bandana to celebrate. She was such a brave girl, still keeping up her fight with terminal nasal cancer.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Pretty Weasel doing so good, cancer seems to be under control. She has lost some fur on her face and forehead due to her radiation treatments.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

gonna be her last christmas, but it will be the best she has ever had

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
Thank you, friends. This is the hardest holiday season, but we are cherishing every minute with our dear Weasel.

I promise to post her Christmas dress photos in a couple weeks.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Follow up CT scan of her head is Friday to see cancer progression. Still strong and doing good.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

sneaky girl

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
celebrating bonus holiday season with this old lady

thankful for every day we still have with her. i can’t believe it.

girl. she is a fighter!

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Ofecks posted:

Hey Prag! Didn't know you read/posted here. Weasel is a darling and I'm glad she's hanging in there.

aww, thanks. yes, i read all cat threads, and the yospos cat thread is best. :kiss:

and thank you everyone for the kind replies. we did not expect to have a bonus holiday with her. we were told she would probably be with us until summer 2021 at the latest... and here we are about to go into 2022. it has been a wild ride since her cancer diagnosis and treatment. very thankful for the care she has received from Angell Animal Medical Center Boston and the oncology team there. unfortunately, the cancer has returned now, and she is too fragile for any more radiation or other treatments. so, we are making the most of all the bonus time.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
With a heavy heart, I’m here to share that Weasel passed away in her sleep yesterday. She had her breakfast and went to lay in her favorite bed like normal to take her after breakfast nap. I checked her an hour later, and she looked asleep. She was gone. There was no pain or struggle. We knew it would be soon and planned euthanasia at home when it was time, probably in the next couple weeks, as she has been declining the past week.

Just last month we celebrated her birthday a little early because we weren’t sure she would be here with us in August.

Weasel was a fighter: she battled cancer since March 2020 to her death. She had radiation treatment for her nasal cancer in fall 2020, and we recently found out the cancer had returned to also spread to her lungs. I am forever thankful to her oncologist and vet care team for being so kind and treating us with compassion during the hardest two and a half years of my life.

I love her so much, and so many people will miss her everyday forever. 19 years old - I’ve had her half of my entire life on this planet. Keep dreaming and being a kitten, girl. You were the sweetest girl.

Aug 8, 2003 - Aug 11, 2022

From her birthday party last month:

From Tuesday this week, with her best friend Jack, who has been her brother for this entire 19 years:

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

elliot hates the tiny speaker. how does it makes so much noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

purrfect :3: