Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Hey, I got a couple of those cat things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
You get some poultry flavored toothpaste for cats, then your surprise them while they're chewing on the toothbrush. Then you run.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Some good as gently caress cats happening in here.

Mine are just confused.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
That's a great face on a great cat!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Not happy that Tinny stole his bed and I refuse to move him.

There's a goddamn bird out there!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
That's a pretty cool sock puppet you got there.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Nando is super focused.

Turns out he saw Tinny through the windows and thought he was outside.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Lulu got her annual check up - results: not bad health generally but she too fatte (18.7lbs) and has to go on a diet. No more dry food for her!

Lulu annual check up by Doug Hardy, on Flickr
Lulu's got an impressive density! My Nando is 18lbs, but he's a 4 feet 1 inch Maine Coon, so this is all pretty weird.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Schindler's Fist posted:

Post Nando! I mean, if he'll let you.

It's naptime, but here are a few where he chilling on my smelly backpack.

Bonus Tinny.

Kwyndig posted:

Also get him officially measured, anything over 3'9" is record breaking.
Really? Our best measurement is about 124cm, but his father is a couple of cms longer. Both are svelte as gently caress and can squeeze in anywhere.
Tinny is Nando's halfbrother(different father) and is quite a bit shorter, but noticeably beefier.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
We built an outside chillzone for the cats a while ago. It's not very large, but they love it out there.

Other than that, the general mood is a mix of relaxed and intense.

And introducing my parent's cat chilling in his designated chair.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
I haven't posted my boys in a while!
Tinny is gearing up for a seriously cold winter, there's less than a month between the two pictures. Nando's just hanging out as usual.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Tinny's at the vet because of sudden, persistant and violent vomiting :( They think it's a bowel obstruction so he's getting a scan and probably an operation. Appearantly it's really really bad :(

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Just got back from visiting Tinny at the vet! Even though he was wearing the cone and hooked up with an iv and a feeding tube he still looked a lot better than when I left him there. He even managed to scratch the hell out of the vet when she tried to wipe away his drool, which was oddly heartwarming.
He's still queasy and not eating, so he staying there until they get his nausea under control so he can eat something and take a dump.

beatlegs posted:

get better tinny!

this is exactly what lenny used to do because he swallows a lot of hair. he'd have 24 hour violent vomiting episodes. many trips to the vet over the years. sometimes he'd get gravely sick. a few years ago the vet suggested giving him a small amount of miralax every day (1/4 teaspoon mixed with food twice a day). for about a year he hasn't had the episodes, has nice poops once a day, seems happier. hope tinny gets better soon

This was pretty much the problem. They pulled a 5 inch hard hairball out of his intestine. They recommended giving him some malt paste every day when we get him home.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Tinny is home!:toot:

2 lbs lighter and with a shaved belly, but very much alive, extremely cuddly, and most likely without any permanent damage :)
Nando is pissed because we brought some weird-smelling cat into his house.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Nando sits like this every time Tinny gets too close.

Not very intimidating, guy.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Bunk beds.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Girlfriend got a new phone so she's been testing out the camera.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Nando, what are you doing?

In random news: HK, a Danish union, has taken action against the greatest enemy of office-drone productivity. They've made Katblocker, a Chrome plugin that autostops cat videos! It's pretty much a joke about how people should stop procrastinating, but a lot of humorless people got really mad.
Here's the Katblocker announcement video, it's full of stupid statistics and cat videos. You should probably use English subtitles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW7srAYV6b8

And get well Desmond!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Tinny is gone :( Same thing that almost took him out 3 months ago happened again last night and he went from super peppy to lethartic and close to death in the span of 8 hours.
The only real option was to have him put to sleep, but it was still incredibly hard on us. Now he sleeps in the garden with his favorite toy, and we're going to plant one of those bushes that attracts butterflies next to him.
He was a great cat.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Thanks everybody. It's nice to talk to people who actually knows what it feels like.
Here are a few photos of Tinny. Some of the very first and some of the last we took of him.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Arh poo poo, that's so sad. I'm so sorry SpannerX.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Shifty Pony posted:

:catstare: cat calendar update :catstare:
I'm in for just the images.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
We decided to get another cat to keep Nando and us company after we lost Tinny. So now Jane Fonda is hiding under my chair, yelling at everybody.
Nando is interested but weirded out.

And get better Gizmo!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Roosevelt posted:

using my psychic powers i predict that when Jane Fonda is actually posted she will be an orange and white uh adult cat, not a kitten. with lots of floof.

This is very accurate! She's a tortie so the colors are in there. I'll post her but I won't shove a camera in her face until she's less stressed about the move.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Alright, here we go. This is Jane Fonda.

She decided that my sick girlfriend isn't dangerous, so she came out to cuddle. The same maine coon breeder that we got Nando and Tinny from bought her in Germany for a small fortune, with the intent of using her for breeding. Then the breeder got really sick and decided that she couldn't take proper care of all her cats any more, so she had almost all of them fixed and began re-homing them.
She had a lot of trouble getting rid of Jane Fonda here so she was really happy when we said we'd take her.
Also, she's being renamed to Zelda.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Rip Gizmo, a wonder-cat.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Zelda bravely left the bedroom to chek out the rest of the house, jumped on the couch, decided that "yes this is a safe place", took a giant dump and hauled rear end back to the bedroom.
I've moved the litterboxes around to make them safer for her to use, but still... loving cats.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Zelda is settling in.

Sorry to hear that, Barons.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Zelda fluff.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
OH GOD!

Oh, it was just a yawn? No problem then.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

FelicityGS posted:

Someone is feeling real cool this morning. I wonder why?

Is it because two nights ago...

he climbed his first tree?

I think so.
I'm so loving happy that I told you to post your cat in here.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
$10 for digital is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Grumpy as hell because of the bird right outside.