Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

El Gar posted:

i got something in the mail today would you like to see it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e5QQhqE248

first post is quotin dis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Silver Alicorn posted:

here's the oldcat

whoa tables

That right there is a fuzzy muzzle.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

blackflare posted:

She is a girlcat named tangerine and she enjoys barfing, loafing, and trying to meow and failing. She just opens her mouth and nothing comes out, or sometimes she sounds like a squeaky door hinge. She is approximately 50% cat and 50% floof.

It's possible that she's meowing, but on a level you cannot fathom

http://blogs.catster.com/cat_tip_of_the_day/2010/05/04/whats-with-the-silent-meow/

quote:

The “silent meow” is actually a real meow, but the sound is above the range of human hearing. Cats can hear sounds as high-pitched at 65,000 cycles per second. Humans, on the other hand, can only hear up to about 20,000 cycles per second, so what sounds like a piercing cry to your cat may be completely inaudible to you.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Startyde posted:

The stray that's been hanging out near me had a litter and I took some photos the other day. The complex management is supposed to capture/fix/release strays and she's been around for over a year so I dunno what's up. They're all gorgeous so I guess I don't care.

They're semi-feral, even the kittens won't get any closer than ~ten feet.
I love it when cattes have kittenes that look just like them, I'm all "Congrats on successfully replicating your genetic material" :):respek::radcat:

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

fork bomb posted:

Rebus is hecka soft. he gets it from Pretty Mommy. i can't tell which one is softer.

You should figure that poo poo out. Experiment as much as you can and report back to us.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

tokomon posted:

Grow wings, Mercredi, dammit! GROW WINGS.
*flutter flutter flutter flutter*

*flut*

*fuzzy thump*

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
Hey, Romano. You're adorable. You got a tiny fluffy face.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Golden-i posted:

refurb watching the rain (click for huge)

Anyone else here think she'll grow up to be one of them round-headed cats?

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
http://cuteoverload.com/2012/11/15/bffs-to-the-max-misa-and-fukumaru/

Old Japanese woman and catte. Pette all cattes. Drink tea with some of them, if they want you to (this one did).

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

aaag yuzu

:11tea:

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

There goes my new lens and lights budget. This is for the first 12 hours

Is he going to be OK? :(

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

The dr started tearing up and her voice got caught in her throat a few times.
poo poo man, that is not good.

Do you have Paypal or something where we can send you money over the Internet? Credit cards for short term?

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
dunkman or my dunkman?

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
OK, great. $50 should be headed your way across an ethereal network which none of us can see or touch.

Edit. This is actually kind of creepy. I just beamed money through my boyfriend.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

so the first urine and blood tests came back, since i brought him in so quickly (which is good) the toxins wouldn't have showed up in his system anyways. They gave him charcoal and an anti-nausea med so he doesn't puke up the charcoal. They also have him on IVs to push lots of fluid through his kidneys so that they are okay.
That's not...super bad? That sounds almost good. ("good.") Why was the vet crying, then?

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

she was all teary eyed during the exam when he was running around the room jumping on things telling me that even a small amount can be fatal.
Jesus, that is some Shakespeare-play-level dramatic-irony cringing right there. Did you get the money?

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

I've gotten 3 so far from LSD, TI and JS.

I am lying in bed crying, both over Esteban and strangers over the Internet helping out Esteban.

Thank you all so much!

Will post a receipt tmrw when I go in to see him. I put a $1000 deposit down before leaving.

LSD is me. They literally are my initials.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

10am Esteban Status:

18 hours post Lily ingestion we know the following things:

1) The white flowers in the bunch were Peruvian Lilies, which are not actually Lilies. While still mildly toxic to cats, if Esteban were to have eaten a whole bunch, he'd have some wicked diarrhea and not much else. He definitely ate some, but since they're not true lilies, that's actually good news.

2) The morning Vet who called me was describing how Esteban was fighting her and "giving her sass mouth" and I could hear him yelling at her. She said that those were really encouraging signs, since lethargy would be bad.

3) He keeps peeing so things are looking fine until the 3pm blood/urine panel when we will know more. If he stops peeing, he will gain weight and that is indicative of kidney failure and that's bad.

4) If he doesn't get worse, which is still possible, the vet said he could come home tomorrow. So 2 full days of hospitalization.
Thank God.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

I promise to post receipts / invoices so that you guys know I did not buy my gf shoes with it.
Meh, I'm a grad student, do you think I care about peoples' finances? Buy your :catdrugs:, buy yourself a beer with some of the money I sent you, if you are religious say a prayer or two for HEGEL SMOKE A J and peace

out

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Black Esteban is taking this opportunity to stage a coup :ohdear:

Black Esteban moves up to Esteban, Lady Esteban becomes Black Esteban, new hire for Lady Esteban position sought

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Golden-i posted:

I call this piece "Catte Ascending Staircase"

skitterskitter...skitter; skitterskitter...skitter; skitterskitter...skitter

refurrrrb :3:

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

gooby on rails posted:

hi I haven't read this thread in a few weeks what's the latest

I dunno, ask El Jackalope (GATOS Y VATOS).

HEY GUNS fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 17, 2012

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
estebagift = bestebagift

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

$100 and he'll mail you Esteban for a day

When my boyfriend's mother was a child, apparently you could overnight cats through the mail if you requested that the post office take special care of them. She has a clear memory of a postman walking up the drive to her summer house, wooden crate with holes in it full of irate yowls held gingerly at arms' length.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
Hey guys, one of my cats started favoring his left eye a while ago. My boyfriend got some gunk out of there, and the mucous membrane is red. I know that someone in this thread had a cat that started having problems with one of its eyes and that turned out to be cancer or glaucoma or something, and the eye had to be removed, but that was years ago and I don't remember who it was. Does anyone remember how that progressed, and what it looked like when the problem was first noticeable?

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Sudo Echo posted:

gonna need more pics of this dude, sweet colors

Meeze! :neckbeard:

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

minivanmegafun posted:

Trevor also had some problems with one of his eyes earlier this year, but the actual cause was never determined. It was a strange plaque growing over one of his eyes.

Mithrin is squinting, but the affected eye itself doesn't look different from the other one.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

duTrieux. posted:

i'd do all sorts of things to this cat

:forkbomb:

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT posted:

That was my cat.

First sign was that her eye was very runny, and she kept it closed for a full day. When she was willing to open it, the pupil was extremely dilated. The sclera was not red or inflamed. I took her in the next day, but by then it had returned to normal, and the vet was unable to provide a diagnosis. The vet gave me a referral to some veterinary ophthalmologists.

The next week it happened again, so I took her into the ophthalmologist. He said she had severe glaucoma, that she had gone blind in that eye, and gave me some eyedrops to see if they would be effective against the pressure/pain. I tried them for a week with no effect, then got given a different set of eyedrops, which were tried for a week and had minor-but-not-much effect.

After two weeks of this, she was still not doing well, and her eye had turned seriously bad-looking. The ophthalmologist recommended removal of the eye, and I agreed. After removal, the eye was sent to a lab for examination. The lab discovered a diffuse tumor in the iris, which had caused the glaucoma.
OK, this looks pretty different, which is relieving. Mithrin's eye was runny (it isn't any more) and he squints, but just a little. The mucous membrane is red. The eye is a little cloudy, but the pupil is normal. It's a lot better today than it was yesterday.

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

yo PSA to the 'pos, if your cat is behaving in some way that even your dumb rear end human self can recognize maybe something is awry, take your goddamn cat to the vet you shithead.

maybe it's nothing and you'll be out 100 bux, but maybe it's something insanely serious and you just saved a catte life.
Appointment's been made for Wednesday.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

PipeRifle posted:

Yo cats also get pinkeye really easily. Doc used to get it all the time from roggling with Rodent. Might just be that and then you're looking at some antibiotics and no big deal

Mithrin is also a fluffy little douche whom the other cat beats soundly and regularly about the head, so it could be that his eye got dinged at one point.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
I would not mind this at all as an avatar.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

HEGEL SMOKE A J posted:

I would not mind this at all as an avatar.

Testing.
:hellyeah:

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
Remove light switch, receive kitten:
http://imgur.com/gallery/ufgbB

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
No one still knows where it came from or how it got in there!?

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

fork bomb posted:

best outcome ever???
what about two kittens???

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
update on the wall kitten: there are two wall kittens

http://imgur.com/gallery/UwZid

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

MikeJF posted:

Three, it seems? Looks like the second white one is still in the roof.

cats, cats in the walls
:3::respek::cthulhu:

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

wheatpuppy posted:

He is 100% genuine MANE KOON, it says so right on his file at the vet.

How big is he? Mithrin is slightly above average at 17 pounds, and he's probably part Maine Coon. (We have no idea where he came from; someone handed him to a friend of my neighbor's outside a school when he was a tiny kitten.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY