Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I AM KISS U NOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

"I SHOWED U MY BEANS PLZ RESPOND"

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

jet poo poo status: still really hosed up.

he’s only had a couple shots of b12 so far, but I’m worried that he might ultimately need steroids.

the good news is that cats generally respond really well to steroid treatments so hopefully if he does need it, it'll work.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

That sounds like a question for the vet.

FWIW I suggest the fewest vet visits possible. Better one vet visit for 3 shots than 3 visits for 3 shots Unless the vet says otherwise.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Oct 23, 2022

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Edit: drat double post

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Hell. Yeah.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

CHAOS REIGNS! :black101:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I like your perpetually startled cat.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Roosevelt posted:

sad about Nosey :(. I hope Morris cheers up with his
new

KITTEN!

gravity 2 high

Tippy in that phase where they literally grow in size between each post/picture.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

:catstare:

Hella bushy tail. Mango angery

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

All good now

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Thank you I'm stealing this.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

Cookie joined us in bed overnight. :3:

well yeah gotta warm up that bare tum.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

TOOT BOOT posted:

Unfortunately second-guessing yourself is a very normal thing when it comes to euthanasia. Been there a number of times and in some cases I wondered whether I did it too soon and in other cases whether I didn't do it soon enough. The problem is cats can't talk and tell you how they're feeling or how much longer they think they'll live, so there is no 'correct' time other than what you think.

The right time is when you decide because you made that decision with the best interests of your cat friend in mind. Doesn't have to be perfect and in fact is probably impossible. But "right" doesn't necessarily mean perfect.

Shifty Pony posted:

also there is frequently a feeling of relief mixed with feeling guilty over feeling relieved. taking care of an ailing pet is often hard work and is emotionally draining.

I encountered that with Sadie. it had been about four years since mealtimes were a "put down a plate and walk away" affair and I wasn't prepared for thinking "holy poo poo that was easy, this is nice" the first couple of mealtimes with just Winston.

I just wanted to talk about that so that anyone else who feels it knows it is normal and is OK.

This is good too, because the relief comes from not having to do a thing you only had to do because your cat wasn't well. Of course we miss them, but there is happiness to be had in knowing they're beyond illness and hurt now.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Also I bought 2 cat tunnels for this little poo poo and he won't go near them because the crinkling noise when he touches it startles him.

Love him to death but by god he's a dummy.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Binary Badger posted:

mango looks guilty of somethin

he's confused and alarmed because he just sniffed concentrated CSPAM

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

the smug stormcloud owns

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Elder Postsman posted:

here's some yesterday afternoon Marvin

https://i.imgur.com/TwLKNQC.mp4

I like Marvin

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

TOOT BOOT posted:

I have absolutely no idea how this is even possible, but that cat has been in this house the entire fuckin time despite not being spotted for 48 hours. Unfortunately as soon as we saw her she did another disappearing act. How does a strange cat live in a house where there are other cats and people around 24/7 and remain hidden that long? This is all very unnerving.

You the only one who has seen this cat?

If yes you uh, might be hallucinating.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Amazing how cats tails bristle sometimes.

Post em if you got em

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

She was lexie at the shelter, dunno if I'll keep it or if she's getting named Pizza :v:

Lady looks like a Pixie to me

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I like pancake

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

She was surrendered when her owner had to go into aged care.

Aww. Always a sad story.

I'm sure her previous owner would be delighted to know she's in good hands.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

:tinfoil:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Only video I saw of you approaching her was when she was putting her back to the wall and you approached from high.

A lot of cats don't like that because it looks aggressive (even from people they know very well won't do them harm). Most cats I know are ok with being approached and touched from a lower angle, so I approach the more skittish by lowering myself and extending my hand to them from below their own eyeline (fingers closed so your hand looks smaller and not like a paw with its claws out). Tends to work better.

They smol compared to us hairless(ish) apes and it helps to think from their point of view.

Also I don't put too much store in just hissing. That stray/neighbourhood cat I had in my back yard a few years back hissed at me plenty. Hissed when I fed her. Hissed when I pet her. Ain't a big thing. Just a warning.

Now when the ears go back and the yowling (not the low grumble) starts, then it's time to back up a lot.

Even that last video was extremely tame. Bit grumbly, but the body posture was pretty neutral, ears were forward, tail down and normal sized. Not snuggle buddies obviously, but not bad at all.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jan 23, 2023

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

where's my fuckin' turkey!? :mad:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Yeah that's good.

Sometimes cats are just goobers who can't decide what they want.

Play? Play? HISSSSDDDDDSSSSS.

why no play?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Eh. I had echo and tango separated at night for weeks when they were first living together.

Mango and Bear were separated at night for about a week as well just until we were sure they were unlikely to get into a disagreement but Mango was a good boy with good manners.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

I gave her a hug and she bit and swatted me. It was a gentle bite and she didnt use her claws to swat so thats an improvement?

Unironically yes. If she was actually upset at you you'd be in hospital for a cat bite and shredded arm.

Its straight up communication.

Synthbuttrange posted:

All my other cats have just run away to assert they dont like stuff. She's so feisty. ; . ;

Calm down Lennie.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Good job Bon bon! Cat punching is communication! Pudding will get better and Bon bon more relaxed. I can feel it.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Even though I know it isn't actually in the picture I can still see the wizard hat upon their noble brow.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Been a while. Have a Mango

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Binary Badger posted:

the Mangolorian

chapter 6: moth hunters

Hey that's a new nickname I hadn't thought of.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Flakey posted:

Where's Scoops? Where's Mango?

Mango is telling me it's time to get up

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 13, 2023

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Robert Denby posted:

I haven't made a post here in ages, but I did want to update that Edith went to the vet for her annual checkup and...

I will do a larger E&M post a little later... they're doin' good, just it takes a while to get everything on imgur.

I'm glad to hear it. I had been wondering about them

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

Pudding looks forward to another member of the PU club.

Honestly Mango has his balls removed and Pudd has lost the entire thing and they both seem happy enough. Starting to think I should follow their example.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Gunshow Poophole posted:

I only got as far as "... and post the Mango/Scoops, post the Mango/Scoops" :hmmyes:

Man

Go.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Mar 31, 2023

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Better pic of his eyes

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Cat stole my vaping hat.

Dinner is at least an hour away Mango.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU