Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Breaking from lurking to say that I'll buy one, US-based. I wish I could contribute a catte of my own, but since that's not an option I live vicariously through this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

This is amazing, I wish my workplace had these problems.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Shifty Pony posted:

going to be shipping out the calendars a bit different this year. before I did all of them in one go and dropped them off simultaneously but having a toddler running around gets in the way of me having the time to get all of them done quickly. so I'll be dropping them off in batches. just don't panic if you see other people getting theirs and you haven't gotten a tracking number yet.

Yeah, I'm travelling until the new year so no hurry on shipping mine, just ship it whenever's convenient.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Josh Lyman posted:

I usually get the slow yellow blink so I'm pretty sure it's the bonnet sensor. The bonnet never seems to sit as flush as I'd like. I've cleaned the contacts before. Just now I sanded them a little to remove some of the black oxidation and also bent the contacts on the bonnet a little so they would make better contact with the base. Hopefully my LR doesn't fail next weekend. :ohdear:

The slow yellow blink just means that your litter bot really loves and trusts you.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

I'd been wanting a cat for a long time, but I've been too busy in grad school to really have a pet. Two weeks ago, two days after defending, I went for a walk in the park with my brother and the cat distribution system struck.

She was absurdly friendly and came right up for pets and attention, so I'm pretty sure she's spent some time around people. But she was really dirty and small and had some issues going on with her eyes and ears. Took her to the vet and she did have a microchip but it wasn't registered, so long story short, meet Anna, the cutest, tiniest 6 lb torbie!

She's settled in like a champ, no issues adapting to the potty box and I think we've knocked the eye and ear problems. She's a bit cautious about cuddling: sometimes she'll come over and sit with me, but usually only for a few minutes before she moves away and sits on the sofa arm or at the foot of the bed. But when she wants it she's all about the attention.

Anna took a bit to get used to playing, but since I found the right toy she's been unstoppable. Since her weight was pretty healthy I'd assumed that she'd probably been hitting up some houses for food, but she's absolutely the most effective hunter I've seen. I don't think I've ever managed to keep the mouse away from her for more than fifteen seconds, and that's going very fast. Haven't managed to get any good videos, sorry!

Oh, and I've somehow avoided showing her best feature:

(Pictured: the only time she ever got into the cat ball. Oh, well, it was very cute!)

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Thanks, all! Anna says hi.
https://i.imgur.com/bsU1dK5.mp4

(Ok, she actually says "give me that chicken you are eating", but close enough!)

Sorry I wasn't clear: the chip had info on when and where she was spayed (June 2023 by a TNR group), but I meant there was no ownership info: they called around to several vets and none of them had info on her. IIRC she wasn't vaxed then, but she's FIV-negative and we've got her caught up now!

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Anna is a mighty hunter (sound recommended)

https://i.imgur.com/vlVmyrC.mp4

Flakey posted:

Joris pass the gas

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

:( Safe travels to the other side, Joris.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Suns out beans out

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Anna before visiting the vet. Still not a perfectly healthy kitty but we're moving the right direction!

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Anna didn't want me to go to work today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Wet Anna blep