Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
mt

Beast of Bourbon fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Dec 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
http://gifsound.com/?gif=www.netanimations.net/Moving-animated-picture-of-ping-pong-cats.gif&v=yiRjywbypLA

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
took both of the estebans to the cat clinic today, a cat only vet! it was fine, esteban got a $198 "senior checkup" since i guess he's 9 now. i got him when he was 2! crazy. both estebans are all good though. regular esteban peed in his crate on the way home and that was not fun to deal with at all.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
regular esteban weighs 19.4 lbs and blackest eban weighs 14.8lbs.

they're still tiny babies to me.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
current esteban status:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPBKoNAZ0sY

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
speaking of steve, the estebans got put some deworming meds because the roommates cats got tapeworm or something. anyways, we decide to give the cats the pills separately.

I approach esteban who is just chilling by the window, let him sniff the pill then throw one down his throat and stroke the neck and boom done. wait 5 minutes and do the other one.

i hear cat screaming downstairs and go check. gf is struggling to hold on to black esteban while sturge (roommate cat) is assaulting clive with full on claws and the gf is all bloody from protecting him (but not letting him go) and was not able to give any pills. it was a loving disaster and blasteban is hiding under heavy furniture and sturge is locked in the bathroom.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Josh Lyman posted:

but they don't groom us

uhhh esteban will definitely clean my wet post-shower hair for a while and also will groom my arm hair if i let him.

maybe you carts just don't love you?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cGQfr4H95w

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVF24RLqab8

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
coworker brought his australian shepherd into work and it is full grown and smaller/lighter than esteban, but taller.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
Oldie but goodie:

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-Sbt345jkk

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
my sister was mauled in the leg by a next-door neighbor's pitbull, took most of her right calf off, had to get surgery and stitches and still has a slight limp. she was an 'animal lover' at the time and was all 'nooo i provoked it by walking to the car in my own driveway when it leaped over the fence and attacked me' so it didn't get put down.

then 3 months later they were having a party and the dog attacked a baby in a baby seat and although the baby was 'fine', the dog was pretty much put down in the back of the van by the sheriff and animal control.

so yeah gently caress pitbulls.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
woke up and lady esteban III had smashed some beer glasses out of the cabinet (by opening it and then pulling them out) so we left the door to the patio open so she could get out of our faces. we put some bird netting along the walls of the patio and so the cats figure they can't get out, but they totally could, so we've been leaving them out there for a couple hours a day.

I go out and go "where the heck is black esteban?" since being outside is his literal favorite thing. we then do a cursory search of inside and don't find him. then an all hands search, and no black esteban. i do a cursory walk around the block outside, looking under cars and behind bushes and no black esteban. he's very black and it's a sunny day, so he'd be hiding under something (yay).

search widens, including me with a step stool looking over neighbors patio walls from the outside. I surprise a couple neighbors in their patios, looking like a crazy person, carrying a step stool and looking over people's walls saying "oh hi, sometimes my cat escapes and gets into the patios...gotta go"

gf has to make a phone call for a committee she's on, and goes inside and hear's scratching and throws the mattress off the bed to find black esteban chilling in one of the storage drawers on top of all the shoes wondering what is up.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
black esteban is doing fine

lady black esteban (lady esteban III) in her natural state

regular esteban is old and tired:

Loudsteban is just sleeping:

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Torgo was chilling with me in the back garden when he saw the neighbour grey cat and managed to squeeze through a gap in the fence to chase after him.

There's no way for humans to exit the back garden so I had to leave through the front door and run around to the back so I could find them and the other cat. I tempted Torgo out from behind a tree and instead of coming up to me, he ran past and squeezed back through the fence into the back garden. I come back into the apartment and he's on the patio licking his paw like nothing just happened.

I'm going to pick up some chicken wire to fix that gap in the fence, since there's 0% chance of the apt management fixing it.

I got this green fencing from home depot, http://www.homedepot.com/p/Tenax-2-ft-x-25-ft-Green-Plastic-Home-Fence-783060/100384024?N=5yc1vZc3m1Z1z0utj8

I put it under the back patio door since it has a gap in it a small cat can fit through. I just cut a length of it off that was super long and it's tough enough no cat will ever get through it, and also it's firm enough to not get pushed through by cats. Also got a nice staple gun to affix it to fences.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elpAKTauZUw

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
that looks like esteban on the right

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
the estebans are settling in to their new digs

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
moved into new apartment, esteban is refusing to use the litter box, but instead the doormat/runner/bathman/anything else on the floor that is not the carpet.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Golden-i posted:

just got a package in the mail

i wonder what's in there

me too.

oldie but goldie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvTk3Tr8dj8

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

ladyweapon posted:

I've seen her jump up on my couch, but not on the dresser. I measured it this morning and floor to the edge of the dresser is 28 inches. Including space to clear the dresser, Tallulah has to jump at least ~32 inches into the air. The only other place to put Nermals food that is higher than that is my kitchen counters and that is not happening. No-Fats-Allowed food box contraption will have to be made.

lol both estebans can floor jump from the kitchen floor to the top of the normal height refrigerator. it's great, we can't put flowers anywhere in the house or else they knock the vase over trying to get to the water.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
esteban does not eat people food except yogurt and milk but black esteban eats and all human food products, including cheese, bread, tomatoes, potatoes, pasta, rice, any kind of meat we have tried. his only true love though is tuna.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
ccs: shaving esteban and black esteban due to the heat wave.

it is not going well.

regular esteban is totes chill up until you get within 4 inches of his tail and then it's not a good time.
black esteban is not having any of it at all, we're resorting to following them around and then getting a few clips in with scissors and if they make it to the kitchen, holding them down and then getting a few shaves in. we have a 13 gallon trashbag full of cat fur but they still look untouched except for some bald spots.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
we figured the trick out

don't use the little clipper guard plastic things, those are for like grooming and trimming your $4500 poodle to show quality. if you go with the grain you can't really nick the cat's skin and the fur just comes the gently caress off. p. good time. worst part was making them stand up and getting their under fur since they are super not fans of that.

definitely a lot of trim work is needed but the trick went from like 30 minutes of "i think we've got some hair" to 30 seconds of "welp, no more fur left on that side of the cat."

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
yes, the cat food was specially purchased and dispensed during shave time so they could munch on it. it worked pretty well i would say. also the rest of our apartment is carpet which would have been worse. their fur is super dense so it's not like it was wafting about. we just picked it all up with our hands and then vacuumed.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss Louis Wain rulesssssssss

that is my irl friends arm too

i need to get my tat retouched

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
Gentlemen.

Behold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BudJp6XCNxw

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
6:01 to about 6:45 is p. pro

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
it got posted at the end of the last page but:

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVs8Mp1QxQM

headphones on and up for this one

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
when esteban and black esteban brawl, they seem to get big tufts of fur stuck on their fangs and can't eat it off and it just hangs there until we come by and take it off and after one particularly brutal fight (that we filmed of course) they both jumped up on the shelf next to me and were right next to each other meowing and pawing at me to remove the fur from their fangs so they could lick their wounds, so cute

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
black esteban's eyes are a greenish blue, regular esteban's are super yellow. green eyed black cast is the best

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Funhilde posted:

Current Leeloo Status:

i'm the giant silver butt plug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
so we had to buy one of those in home air conditioner units, like the mini-fridge looking things with an exhaust hose that goes to a window cuz our corner unit is getting like 80-90 degrees during the day, and the cats were loving miserable and we'd come home at 7pm to a house that was 87 degrees.

the cats have forsaken our love for that of the air conditioner. we turned it on and a few hours later came back in and both cats were standing on the back of the chair sticking their faces in the airstream, wish i had gotten a pic. but for now esteban sits on top of it and tries to get his face into the stream as much as possible.