Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
esteban likes the ac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m26cO0Iw0vo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
we went to t-gives yesterday at a friends house and apparently he is part of a corgi rescue society and had 2 corgis rampaging around and it was literally the cutest thing i have ever seen

do the estebans need a corgsteban?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i took esteban on a plane once and he meowed but you'd be surprised how loud the plane is and being underneath your seat you can't hear the cat at all.

he was NOT happy but he made it through

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Picayune posted:

yo, if she broke the skin, go to the doctor, cats' mouths are made entirely out of poison

I had a friend do this, for exactly that reason. he was playing with his cat and the cat bit him in the hand enough to break the skin and draw blood. he went to the dr and then like 3 days later animal control knocked on his door and then took the cat and put it down, he hadn't requested that/done anything, the doctor 'had to' phone it in.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

holy poo poo do you live in north korea

nope this was in Dallas.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
Black Esteban started giving Regular Esteban a bath, it lasted a couple minutes and then quickly went downhill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYsarRLgv8U

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
the estebans didn't make it

i've mostly been doing video of them lately, so not a lot of pics

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

http://i.imgur.com/tI5uz4j.gifv

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
esteban is a tuxedo cat, not a moo cat :(

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
being probably the only member of yospos to have a positive outcome of a copyright infringement suit, it is extremely unlikely that even filing a C&D with buzzfeed would accomplish anything as you didn't register the pics with the copyright office before hand, and you also uploaded it to imgur which i'm sure has terms in its T&C that's all about how anyone can use it for anything for any reasons what so ever, including commercial activities.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
technically yes, but it basically turns the case from a slam dunk of someone using your registered copyrighted works to a spat over who has the real rights to use it, and you having to prove you really took it, etc.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
we sued a very large electronic music festival company for using our photos and video after not paying us, but we figured they were going to do it, so we regged with the copyright office all the pics, and then when they did it, we had a lawyer who went 'yep, this is open and shut, their lawyer is going to tell them that' and it was great. he sent over the nastiest legal letter ever asking for like $150,000 or something ridiculous and he's like 'they'll probably settle for maybe $15k' and they ended up settling for $13.5, lawyer took 34%, we paid nothing out of pocket. was nice.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
if anyone remembers the past few years of amazing pics of esteban and black esteban with fancy cameras and lighting

well

i just bought a new camera!

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i had a 5d3 it was nice, i just bought a 7d2 though. spent way too much money on camera gear and aren't making money with it like i was in dallas so i had to reel it back in.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
this is with the piss trash bundled lens, will probably get a real big boy lens next year sometime in the spring.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
old russian lady knocked on my door and asked me if my neighbors cat (which she was holding) was my cat. I said no and then she goes 'is yours or your neighbors, you take, you take" and now I have a cat chilling in the bathroom.

it is NOT a happy cat i can tell you that much. but it has food/water/litterbox and is chilling in the tub right now.

left a note on the neighbors door with a pic and my phone # and such and so forth.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
the cat in the bathroom is extremely pissed off but sort of docile. if you go in there to pee, he or she just screams real loud and then when you leave is like "oh okay you're leaving, are you sure? we could hang out maybe" but if you stand there she just starts screaming again. need neighbors to come home.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
cat has been retrieved by neighbor. esteban ran up to her to get some sniffs in and they both were like "ok cool sniff time" and i didn't realize but this girl cat is as big as esteban! gigantic lady cat.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
so we've been giving the cats wet cat food when we come home in the evenings and this has resulted in regular esteban just sort of sitting where he can see the cat food cabinet and then sauntering over once we start the process.

but black esteban? oh no. the second we're in the door he's screaming at us, opening up the cabinets, knocking cat food cans out of it, following us around meowing.

if we ignore him, as you should, he jumps up and bats the back of your arms and nips at your feet and then runs away and you have to chase him back to the cabinet and he's very demanding. usually after he calms down we give them each half a can of food/tuna. then esteban gets some warm water in the tuna can cuz he really likes tuna juice.

anyways last night this repeated and everyone was happy but black esteban finished his half, ate half of regular estebans half, and then started rampaging trying to get more tuna. i'm talking full on tantrum, like a child. running around chirping at everyone, knocking down poo poo, he even got on the counter (where he is not allowed) and knocked some metal bowls on the ground.

full on rampage. he ended up getting lots of hugs and belly rubs for his actions (but no more tuna)

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i'll post esteban belly rubs (both kinds) tonight

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
we buy two 12lb bags of indigo moon holistic grain free cat food (serious) and they're about $35 each. they last our gigantic man beast cats a month or two. we have one of those bucket feeder things that you just shake (or the cat hits) and more food goes into the bowl, the $5 ones. we also give them half a can of $1 catfood a day each. so... $30/month for the wet food and like another $25 or so for the dry, so $50+ a month in food costs.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
they're festively plump

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
esteban was 21lbs at his check in and the vet was like "good weight for a cat this size, man he's a strong one" as he's watching esteban tip over the desk chair in the office

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=873-rYcg0yQ

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
esteban gets a whole page, pro, very pro!

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
who do i send the invoice to for the pics i took?

i'm a professional, i have to be paid for me work.

but srsly, if you ever need to do anything like that again, here are links to all the esteban pics in existence:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dunx17/sets/72157628168672755/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dunx17/sets/72157623599569391/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dunx17/sets/72157625275635187/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dunx17/sets/72157623640208895/

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Funhilde posted:

Whatever.
If you want to deny a man with permanent brain damage the opportunity to look at your art then go right ahead. I've only lost money on this venture myself.

you know i was 100% joking right? thank you for doing this!

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i was gone for a week overseas and i came back and esteban kept bringing me his little feather thing from da bird (he ate the whole string so we just have the feathers left) and waking me up and headbutting me all freaking night. finally i just stuffed him under the covers and held the blankets down and he went to sleep.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i'm sick and when i'm sick i'm a terribly whiny baby and was laying facedown on the floor and i guess fell asleep and when i woke up both cats were curled up against me and protested very much when i got up

so cute

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

BONGHITZ posted:

please post pics of fat cats

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
we ran out of the wet cat food we usually give the cats this morning and they both were rampaging and it was great. just knocking poo poo over, jumping on the counters, fighting each other. black esteban got in the cabinet where we keep the stuff usually and just started pulling random cans of food and utensils out on the floor and knocking them around.

so cute.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i think sadie and regular esteban would get along just great, they seem to have the same attitude towards life

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
esteban likes bourbon and vodka but not wine or brandy or gin, you have to cover your drinks around him.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
wrong way stupid

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

for the curious, jack, the enormous Siamese, weighs 22 pounds and is "not actually that fat, just a really huge cat"

esteban is 20 and the vet says the same thing about him.

yay giant cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
esteban-black esteban relations have reached an all time high