Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Hektor, trying to kill me.

Knubbs, bein' a loaf.

Kitty cuddlin' with me on the couch after surgery.

Knubbs toes.

Fat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

ladyweapon posted:

Those slippers look comfy

They are.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

graph posted:

im the 500 pound sony wega crt television

Hah! We keep it around to play NES and SNES on. That photo was taken in the office, we have a real TV in our living room.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Trast posted:

Those things were a pain in the rear end to move.

Still are! We have it on a rolling stand.

Here is Hek spying on me.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

PipeRifle posted:

Every night I get in bed and set up stuff on one side of the bed and then roll over to plug my phone in on the other nightstand and Reuben is sitting there like a gargoyle and it startles me every time

I wake up most mornings to 20lb Kitty sitting on my chest. I don't know how she gets there without waking me up.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Roosevelt posted:

post the beast

She's a fat fatty. But she's so cute.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

I.N.R.I posted:

should I take it to a vet, or is it possible to do it yourself? :unsmith:

You can do it yourself but it's gross and I know someone that accidentally sprayed it in their eye once.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Shifty Pony posted:

haven't posted a good dangle pic in a while

The toes! Oh the toes!

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

duckfarts posted:

and sometimes it works better than you want :yikes:
http://www.elfyourself.com/?mId=62631172.3

it's what nightmares are made of.

I wish I'd joined this thread earlier.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Photo dump. Sorry for the lovely cell phone pictures.

This is Knubbs shortly after we got him:

His previous owner surrendered him at 17 years old. He'll be 19 in February.

Here he is wearing a sweater:

Sleeping on my pillow:

Hektor likes bags:

He's got a floofy belly

Not supposed to be on the counter

Hiding under my wedding dress. I moved it after this.

Kitty has never done this before, nor since

cuddles

Hiding

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Radio! posted:

attn Echeveria you are a good cat butler and a good person for adopting that old man catte :kimchi:

He is a good catte and we love him.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Pilli posted:

I had to remove all the gifts that were under the Christmas tree because Tattoo decided that the small wrapping ribbons are good eats. Caught him swallowing a green one just while it was halfway into his mouf

:ohdear: Kitty once got an intestinal blockage eating Christmas ribbon. It was going to cost me almost 2k to have it cut out, but they kept her overnight for observation and luckily she somehow horked it up at the last minute.

Let me be your warning! Don't leave tinsel or ribbons out.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Hektor video. Sorry it's vertical - I never thought I'd upload it to youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e61UdxSLfFM

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Yep I hear ya. I took Kitty to the vet today for a checkup and a "She is really fat I've tried everything next to taking her for walks" and I paid $400 bucks for the vet to express her anal glands and then tell me I have to walk her.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Theoretically but this cat would eat my face. I trimmed her but hair once and she didn't talk to me for 2 days.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Oh man Walt is handsome.

Sending positive vibes to Dexter :smith:

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

I'm visiting my in-laws, and I miss my kitties. They have a cat named Nina, and he loves me because I shower him with attention.

Sorry it's a cellphone video again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FNDEvKIDlg

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

I got home today too, and I had a nap (had to get up at 330am to catch a flight). I woke up with all three cats on the bed purring. Hektor is following me around for pets :3:

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

SynthOrange posted:

More antibiotics and parasitic treatment. Probably lingering effects of his earlier girardia encounter.

Probly triggered by stress and eating not-his-food. Hope cookie is better soon.

Someone puked a whole bunch while we were away. The cat sitters cleaned it all up, but I'm a bit worried.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Had a really bad day (my dishwasher broke, then my car broke on my way to get a part for the dishwasher, then my husband broke his glasses) and Walt fangs and catblob and Refurb yelling made me feel a bit better.

Not 100% better, because seriously, but a bit better.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Golden-i posted:

starting off the new year right

You have such an eclectic assortment of PJ pants.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

More Tallulah pls

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

I feel a bit left out, we don't have any cute wild animals coming to visit. All we get are deer and big cats. 2 cougars were shot this year in my city. The hippos escaped their enclosure at the zoo last year during a devastating flood. That was kind of funny.

To contribute, here are some Kitty cuddles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaCbgydrk14

I apologize for the godawful photo and video quality. I only have an iPhone 4. I clearly need a camera.

Also don't mind the gobs of hair on the couch. We were away for a week and that was before I had a chance to vacuum.

Echeveria fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jan 5, 2015

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Pilli posted:

that video has deserted the Internet

Whoops! copied the wrong link. Updated my post with the correct link.

The yowling in the background is Knubbs humping his donut bed.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Sorry for my ignorance, but who is relative_q and what happened to him/her?

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

:ohdear: :stare: I spend about 50 bucks a week on wet food. I buy a bag of Nature's Variety: Instinct every 3ish weeks, which is $35. The vet wants me to eliminate dry altogether though, so we'd be looking at an extra 20 bucks a week to replace what we feed in kibble.

With kibble it works out to about $20.50 per cat, per week.

Replacing kibble with wet entirely, about 23 to 24 per cat per week. Although if I move to all wet, I'll probably drop the premium brands I've been getting and go with something a bit more mid range.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

I like how at the beginning of this gif you can see refurbs nose and whiskers as she prepares to go after dogface.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

I don't know why, but I follow this thread and also the Tycho and Refurb thread in PI. I check here first, and then even though I know Golden-i posted here and the same pics will be in the PI thread, I'm alsways like OH BOY GOLDEN-I POSTED MORE PICS.

hurf durf

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Frank

Locke

Shivers

Ridley

I asked my husband what to name it. He farted and said, "how do you spell that". I told him someone already suggested Fart Noise and the poo poo eating grin fell away from his face.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Shifty Pony posted:

so catte thread I am going to need tips on introducing cattes.

specifically this catte to sadie

There is an introduction protocol. Do you have a spare room, or a room you can close off? I highly recommend following the correct introduction steps.

We had Kitty and Hektor for 8 years when we adopted Knubbs, who had been an only cat for 17 years. We followed this protocol and have had zero problems amongst the cats.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

wargames posted:

Fat cat incoming.

Naw he'll just be a giant motherfucker. Sound like an elephant at night. Galomph galomph galomph....

But when giant cats sit on your bladder in the night, it wakes you up.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Give me the cat drugs.

Several years ago I bought some and put it in a hard ziploc container, and then at the top of the pantry.

The next morning the pantry was open, the ziploc was chewed open, and there was nip everywhere. And 3 very stoned cats.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Shifty Pony posted:

sadie loves sunbeams.

and you can watch if you want.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sadie-yospos-cam

You better post that pic you just took with the green poof on her head.

Also, question: Do all you US goons wear shoes in your house? I always figured that was just TV, but shifty pony is wearing his shoes.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Skarp posted:

i wear slippers in my apartment in the winter cause it's cold as balls on the hardwood floors.

No I mean, slippers is different. I'm talking like sneakers or runners. I'm canadian and I pretty much always wear soft soled slippers because I'm cold.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Shifty Pony posted:

drat right I'm wearing shoes.

Lol. Fair enough. The carpet in my house was lovely to begin with and now it's old. After we go on a trip we're going to replace it.

Yessss thanks

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

If anyone lives in Calgary and is looking for a cat, there is a one eyed 7 month old at the Humane Society

Link to pic cause I'm too lazy to host it

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Knubbs. He wants dinner.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Just put him in it once, and let him explore his way around from there. He'll find the food himself, probably, especially if you have any wet food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

I really want to get a video of Knubbs humping his bed, but as soon as I approach the room he does it in, he stops and stares at me until I leave.