Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
i have some cattes

steamboat, the elder statescatte of the house (14 yrs old):

he is super laid-back at this point in his life, but still likes to zip around the house and play

cali:

She doesn't like the other cattes much

papi, who is living with us 'til his owners find a new place:

he is super fun and completely crazy about da bird and the "cat catcher" mouse-on-a-wire made by the same people

a few more here http://imgur.com/a/PzQy7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Wilhelm_Scream.wav posted:

your cat is batman's nemesis two-face

yeah we call her yin-yang or two-face pretty much daily

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
is the catte receptive to more play? sometimes that kind of behavior can just be boredom and it may stop if you tire them out with a lot of interactive play daily--probably 30 mins+ depending on the catte. One of mine will literally play 2+ hours per day. It's a pain but we pretty much have to do it or he will drive us crazy all night

emdash fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Mar 7, 2012

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

papi loungin' around on a lazy sat. night

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
i can't take that cat seriously at all. it looks like a normal playing cat until it turns toward me and then :swoon:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

minivanmegafun posted:

Trevor is too smart for his own good.

I got tired of shoving Doxycycline down his throat, so I bought him some pill pockets. He figured out how to eat the pill pocket and spit out the pill.

same but with "flavor doh" (edible cat playdoh in fish/chicken flavor) where Cali figured out how to eat only the doh not containing a pill

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
tons o' papi pics

this cat loving loves to go outside and hunt stuff. best part is that afterward he's tired and doesn't bother us all night

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Nice teeth Lou

Also clean your tub

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
be careful magda :3:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Loaner cat Papi in one of his more dignified moments

also liked this shot quite a bit

emdash fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 11, 2012

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
we are housing him while his owners (our friends) find a new place to live. although we'd gladly keep him because he's hilarious and very fun to have around

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
darkda :3:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

My friends' super pro deaf/three-legged rescue Hermes. So fun & affectionate

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
big time loafin' from cali this evening

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Crankit posted:

Do you calle your catte twoface?

Yeah, also yinyang

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
can someone post the gif of the cat trying to back out of the slice of bread

i need to compare and contrast with the ham video

edit: a little surprised that "cat backing out of bread gif" was a successful google search

emdash fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 2, 2012

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
at once one of the best and saddest things about a cat with a missing rear leg is that they will try to scratch with the leg that isn't there

the good part is that if you then do the scratching for them, they are the happiest loving cattes

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

looks like a cat photobomb

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
I love moles now because this thread made me look them up on wikipedia and apparently they decide what is food at near the speed limit of neurons :swoon:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
one of our cats goes out a lot and he chases squirrels around our yard 'til they go up a tree and he goes halfway up the tree with them but then realizes going further would be dumb or loses sight of the squirrel and jumps down. it's cute + funny

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

cali all tired out on the couch arm tonight

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

one of these things is not like the other, but it's the cat tower because that cat is a turkey

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

minivanmegafun posted:

Living rooms are for cats

nice room, nice cattes, would pet

edit: gently caress a new page

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

CaptainMeatpants posted:

when my cat takes a dump he stands on his hind legs and scratches at the wall behind the litterbox, then walks off and leaves his massive stanky poo poo out in the open

two out of my three cats are litterbox retarded like that. one moves the litter around in a different part of the box (wtf?) and the other scratches up the box entrance

both of them have food/water neuroses too--one pets the ground around the food with one paw after eating, the other kneads the ground in front of the water before drinking

emdash fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jul 11, 2012

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

flyboi posted:

You want to talk about stupid cat tendencies? Well gizmo is the goddess of this. Food in her dish? Nope, she must pull her kibble from the dish and eat it off the floor. Piece by piece.

Litterboxes? Well if gizmo has used a box and it isn't promptly cleaned pissing/making GBS threads on the floor is the only alternative. She is a god drat queen

I can't compare to that with a cat story but my mom's dog not only takes food out of the bowl before eating it, she then does what i can only describe as a dog sperg/ocd headbutt on the food bowl for up to 5 minutes at a time. If this knocks all the food out the bowl she may or may not stop

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
i use Cat Attract and it solved 99% of my problems with cats ever peeing outside the box

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
probably my favorite thing about long-haired cats is the way their legs look real short because of the hair

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
gizmo's head looks very disproportionate in that second pic. haircut + perspective in action

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

beatlegs posted:

koi pwned

also where did he get the fish

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
is that a real couch that i can purchase or just a mockup

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

qirex posted:

http://www.munseungji.com/private/21202734756/tumblr_m2kbgycXD31rsh9kr
it's a concept by a corean designer but it's getting a lot of attention so it might be a purchasable object

I hope so, there's a place in my house where that would actually work

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
some papi ottoman lounging for y'all

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
predicting that soon she will get uncomfortable from being warmer on one half than the other and flip around to evenly heat herself

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Met this cat named taz at a salon. 17 years old, does not give one gently caress, massive extra toes. Sorry for terrible pics

emdash fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Aug 8, 2012

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
http://www.amazon.com/Litter-Locker-Hygenic-Soiled-Disposal/dp/B004EEN5BE Litter Lockers are really handy

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Having a longhaired cat for the first time is the worst when you first learn the hard way that you have to trim their rear end hair or end up with fossilized poo poo covered in hair attached to your cat

One time Steamboat came out of the litterbox with poo attached and started to sit down next to my wife on the couch, she saw the turd and screamed which freaked out the cat and he launched away, sending the poo bouncing across the room

also the same cat used to run around the house like he was possessed immediately after pooping, but now he's 14 with kidney issues so not so much

emdash fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 15, 2012

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Try to make it immaculate all the time, that is usually the problem

if not you might need to add a box, my vet has always told us to have number of cats + 1 in boxes and that has worked well

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
my vet has a book about what cat body language means and it says that kittens often mix their signals/haven't quite learned what all the signals mean yet, so they can be growling or flattening their ears while not meaning what an adult cat would mean by that. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
steamboat goes by steamy, steamer, boat, boaty boat

cali can be two-face, bitchface (because she's mean to the other cats), cali miss, girl, bitchypants, miss pants, cali-wali, etc.

papi (pronounced pappy) gets papiman, papiloo, papster, jackass