Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
security deposit given on new apartment. cat incoming in 2 months. never been happier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
I finally got my cat, Marion, last Friday (5/11). She was rescued from a house that had around 90 cats in it. Animal control got about 30 cats out before the building was condemned and animal control couldn't go back inside. A group of neighbors rescued the rest of the cats because the official plan was to start slowly demolishing the building and trapping the cats when they scurried out. If you want to read more about the situation, go to http://www.orangestreetcats.org

I met Marion at an adoption clinic at a local pet store because I was eating lunch at a nearby restaurant and saw the "Pet Adoption Clinic" sign outside so I forced my friend to go in with me. When I walked up to a few of the cages I put my finger near them to let the cats get a whiff of me and Marion locked eyes with me, licked my finger, then curled up next to the cage so I could scratch her. That's when I totally fell in love. I went to the foster house where she was living (with 9 other cats) and had a playdate or two before I took her home.

This is Marion laying on my lap soon after I sat down on the couch in the foster home. The foster mom called her over and she immediately jumped on me and curled up.

This is Marion's first night home with me. I had just moved into this apartment a few days prior so there were still random things strewn about (cables, etc.).

(Instagram filters) After a long day of doing nothing, Marion decides my fat belly is an acceptable place to fall asleep.

She's a longhaired cat who doesn't shed all too much (I brush her every other day) and she's kind of a princess. She loves to be served food. In order for her to eat, I have to put the (wet) cat food in a bowl and place it in front of her and stand in the kitchen while she eats or else she won't eat. Not even kidding. Also, she has a form of diabetes where she drinks a lot of water and pees a lot so she drinks out of two raised dog bowls because that's what she prefers.

She owns me now.

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
Thanks for the support, yospos. Marion's a princess and I love her to death. She has her needs (lots of water refreshes and lots of litter) and I have no problem taking care of them. She's a real winner. (She finally discovered her cat bed after a week, I'm very happy about that.)

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

Marion came to say hi.

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
Marion paused from licking herself to greet my camera with laser eyes.

Edited to have a smaller picture because the other one was way too big.

craisins fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jul 15, 2012

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

jwoven posted:

I saw this sweet Norwegian forest cat at the petsmart adoption thing today. Want this cat.

:3: this is a cute catte

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
Marion likes to sleep on her back, and curl herself up. The little pinkish line in the mid-left is her mouth. She's a weirdo.

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
Marion laid on her back and gave me the opening for a motorboat. I went for it. It was well worth the scars.

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
Marion is a sassy kitty.

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
Marion decided to re-visit this thread after a 2 and a half year absence.

My (then girlfriend, now wife) moved in last year and brought Derecho ("Beefs") with her.

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
beefs is weird

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
beefs figured out how to open drawers. this isn't good

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

Mocha (foreground) and Marion (background)

Mocha is an elderly lady (turning 18 soon). She's going to the vet tomorrow cause she's been yelling and we can't figure out what's wrong. She loves sitting on laps.

craisins fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 9, 2016

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

craisins posted:

Mocha (foreground) and Marion (background)

Mocha is an elderly lady (turning 18 soon). She's going to the vet tomorrow cause she's been yelling and we can't figure out what's wrong. She loves sitting on laps.
Mocha update: high blood pressure and (probably) hyperthyroidism. she lost weight since her last appointment but she has been more lively and social.

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

mocha went to the vet again today for a check-up. her thyroid is all good and her blood pressure went down since starting the medication, but vet says we should increase dosage so it gets to a more regular level.

she da best

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

Mocha being a proper lady and crossing her paws.

also, i'm the shadow of cat ears from a cat sitting in the window

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

tokomon posted:

Magi and Merc go to the vet today.
Magi for her ~new kitten~ check up and chip edit.
Merc for her ~not new kitten~ check up and chip installation.

Magi's in about an hour, Merc's is at 4.

:unsmigghh:

cyborg cats

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

Beast of Bourbon posted:

he's not even looking

whattup marion lookalike

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

Puppy Galaxy posted:

So my roommate made a life size cardboard cutout of my cat for some reason, and my cat is terrified of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KlCiTDus5Q

i read "life sized" and instantly thought it'd be 6 feet tall

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
dear catte thread, i haven't kept up. here's some pictures of marion with her tongue hanging out a week ago for god knows what reason.

edit: i pasted the same image in my last few edits because marion is laying on my left wrist, so i have no idea if i'm hitting ctrl+c or not to copy the image link from imgur. thx marion.

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

Golden-i posted:

I'm not big into politics, but refurb is very vocal

is Refurb's mouth always open? cause Refurb is awesome. (if so, is there a story behind it?)

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

a never ending marion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
mocha preparing for takeoff