Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Josh Lyman posted:

Leo’s bottom lip has been slightly swollen for at least a day, maybe a few days? He hasn’t been outside and no changes in the environment. CJ seems normal. hopefully it’s not something crazy like cancer? :ohdear:

if he lets you, get a look at him gums at roots of his teeth. Sadie had an abscess on one of their fangs which caused a fake bit of swelling.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Synthbuttrange posted:

Vasco came and sat on my hand, then he got mad that my hand was touching his belly and he started biting me ; . ;

Winston does that to me daily while I'm working. he likes to sit on the mouse pad over my mouse then gets angry that I have to use the mouse.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

RIP Shelly. an excellent tux with an excellent butler.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Cattelendar files!

Here is a link to this year's and all the previous cattelendars, if you would like to print one up for yourself have at it, just no commercial use please. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlL5JMs8MDwQldk9bos4Rv2MKbMDzw

crazy that this is the fifth year in a row.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Winston saw another cat outside!

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Synthbuttrange posted:

Didja feed the Winston? :3:

why would I start now?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Boogalo posted:

My one great regret with the cats is not having kitten pictures of either of them.

I wish I had Sadie kitten pictures. I bet she was a delightfully grumpy floof.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

that look you get when the scritches come back.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

looks like I've got about seven extra cattelendars if anyone wants one.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

new cat new cat new cat!

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

the fact that her tail isn't poofed to the size of a baseball bat and she didn't charge the gap or quickly sprint away are all good signs.

she's just had three major changes in quick succession (going to the shelter, coming home, and now hey a new buddy) so it will take her a bit to settle in. as long as she has a good dependable place like the cubby to take refuge she should gradually get less tense.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Synthbuttrange posted:

put up a sheet over a lil stool and she seems to like it. So one more hangout spot for her.

if you are low on chairs I don't know how it is in Australia it here in the states every thrift store in existence has a bunch of IKEA Lack side tables for like $3 each, and if you toss a towel or blanket over them leaving about 10-15cm open at the bottom on at least two sides they make the best drat cat hiding spots.

I put one in every room when I first got Sadie and she loved them. she would loaf under the one in my office glaring at me working all day then teleport to the one in my living room when I went there. :kimchi:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

that's not helping Winston!

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Winston has a new bedtime habit of demanding to be let under the blanket to be the little spoon.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Next year's calendar theme idea: Cat Heaven/Nirvana/Utopia/etc.

Inspired by Winston very much wishing that the pulled pork we're having for dinner was for him

and me envisioning him looking beyond pleased with himself as ethereal hands apply the sweet sweet nectar to his entire body.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Synthbuttrange posted:

I hope she's not traumatized from that. She really was primarily mad that I had to grab her though, she HATES that

it is difficult to convey how much Sadie hated the carrier. she hated being confined more than anything else and moving her from one house to another involved months lead up and trickery because attempting to put her in by force would get your arms torn to ribbons as she desperately tried to get away.

the four or so times I did it I would come home and she would dart out to go hide. about an hour later she would be loafing in the drat carrier, and by the evening she would be completely normal.

cats.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

how it started:

how it's going:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Winston doesn't get bothered he just purrs harder and makes biscuits.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

gotta be the time he bolted out the door after another cat and I chased after him and snatched him up.

I had been making pulled pork and my hands were absolutely dripping in pork grease and juice. my handprint on the door when I chased him out looked like the the stereotypical horror movie dripping bloody handprint but it was pork squeazins.

when I brought Winston back inside he looked like a drowned rat, just completely covered in it. he spent hours grooming himself, purring the whole time. to this day I can't make pulled pork without him losing his mind trying to get more.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

someone loves his butt whaps

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

devmd01 posted:

how are Winston and little pony getting along?

Pepper is currently sleeping on the end of kid #3’s bed. Once he falls asleep and I go to bed pepper will come join the wife and I. She was sleeping on the end of kid#1’s bed previously, so I hope she rotates to kid #2 as well. :3:

they mostly just ignore each other. sometimes Winston will try and play with a toddler toy near mini pony and mini pony will say "no Winston", but kiddo never tries to push Winston or anything like that he just asks us to move Winston along.

mini pony does love giving Winston kitty treats and being the one to give Winston his food bowl. as you can imagine Winston is definitely A Fan of this.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I'm gonna warn you, there's a lot of baby in this video

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

took Winston to the vet on Monday for his annual. yet again he purred so much they had a touch time listening to his heart and breathing.

diagnosis: is a kitty kitty. blood tests show very slightly off kidney markers from where they have historically been which isn't a surprise since he is 14 and a half. we will to keep an eye on that, I know that kidney issues are common and can be relatively easily managed at least.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I present to you: one (1) Dork.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

we had bbq for dinner.

PORK bbq.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

MikeJF posted:

Well there's always the cattelender person.

yep, she does good work and her prices are beyond fair. I need to get started with next year's calendar actually...

we are going to be moving soon (three weeks holy gently caress) and Winston got a trial dose of his "chill out so he naps the whole flight" meds. rousing success:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Radio! posted:

i just realized i forgot to post it here but

holy poo poo

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

"Is catface... functional?"

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Winston hate birds.

https://youtu.be/RjzsaiFIfGY

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

graph posted:

big winston chitters :3:

do yall got big grackles out there? tail looks p big compared to the ones here. flicks look magpie-ish

the males are pretty drat big, and have large tails.

they also sound like a drat dubstep remix:

https://youtu.be/t4ZMcFxoa8g

https://youtu.be/pj8WbdDyU4U

very strange birds. I would like them more if they didn't congregate in absurd numbers. also their nesting behaviors seem almost deliberately chosen to put as much poo poo on cars as possible.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

went to pick a temporary table up from a neighbor and had to come to a halt when I saw someone:

https://youtu.be/uT7gACcWig8

going to be moving in less than a week so that's probably the last time I'll see her. it's rough.

be a good kitty Minnie.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

skipping some posts to give a Winston update:

doing ok. ready for the move to be done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Winston "helping" unpack.