Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

MONDO MEDICALS posted:

I am a little concerned about how his vocals will sound however. His voice peaked with Machina, and on Zeitgist he sounded absolutely terrible in comparison, which is one of the main reasons I find the album so dire in the first place. Hopefully he sorts that out though.
I think this is my only problem with Billy Corgan's projects. His voice was something special for the first couple of Smashing albums, definitely the right voice at the right time in regards to that specific sounding rock music in the era it was created in. Billy Corgan seems to have good ideas from a production and marketing standpoints, it's just he personally shouldn't be singing the material that is being written.

Sort of outside this discussion but since Kanye has been in the news for BP3 and his little outburst, it's made me think of why we don't see more major Rock producers anymore and maybe that is at least partially to blame for such awful rock music for the entire 2000's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Nail Rat posted:

A $30 5-song EP by a declining artist, envisioned as part of a $700 album, fails to sell? :monocle:

That's incredible packaging(as it was with the last one), I just wish the music justified me spending more on those than I did on Mellon Collie.
Didn't people pay a ridiculous amount for a recent Radiohead or Tool album with all the "collector's edition" goodies? Although I guess some people would claim Radiohead isn't exactly declining.

• Locked thread