Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
Smashing Pumpkins never should have reunited...or to state it more accurately, Billy Corgan should not have resurrected the name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

Captain Charisma posted:

Plus it's 44 songs for free. I find it funny that this guy is one of the pioneers of digital distribution with Machina, and all the credit goes to Radiohead and NIN (as much as I like those bands).

Machina II has never been released digitally, that's why.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

FrenchToasty posted:

I remember getting a 320kbs download off smashingpumpkins.com though.

It was a rip of the vinyl, and not one made by the band, I don't think.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I am interested in these Gravity demos you speak of. I've never heard of them.

Also, aside from about 5 clips on youtube, anyone know anything about the '666' video where they're in the studio recording MCIS?

Hit dimeadozen and zomb. They pretty much have the big Pumpkins stuff up in perpetuity, including 666 and the Gravity demos.

(Note to mods: Not encouraging piracy, Billy encourages people to spread stuff like that)

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

Captain Charisma posted:

That's true for every double album, though. I haven't encountered one yet that doesn't have its filler or duds.

The Wall
The Fragile

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

Captain Charisma posted:

Two excellent examples of double albums with filler/duds!

There's nothing I would cut from either album to the point of making it a single album. At most I'd trim 3 songs from the Fragile and replace them with 3 songs from the non-CD versions of the album. From The Wall the only thing I can think to get rid of is 'Bring The Boys Back Home' and replace it with 'What Shall We Do Now?' which was dropped for sound fidelity reasons.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
I actually sold all my Smashing Pumpkins CDs after Zeitgeist, feeling that everything that happened after the reformation had tainted things. I was kind of a marginal fan to begin with.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
It's okay I guess....not good enough to get me back into SP though.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

hatelull posted:

So yeah, don't stop now guy that made it to Adore. At the very least, check out Machina II, cherry pick Machina, and investigate the material found on the bonus disc from their Greatest Hits disc (Judas O I think it was called) if you haven't heard it yet.

However, don't delve into Zeitgeist territory unless you really don't care.

If he's just a casual fan, stopping after Mellon Collie is fine.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

MONDO MEDICALS posted:

I doubt we'd ever get a rerecording of Machina II either unfortunately, and even if we did it would most likely suck now since Billy's production would ruin any potential it had :sigh:

It didn't sound good to begin with, honestly, because all copies are sourced from cheap vinyl. I'd imagine the rip they did with the laser turntable probably sounds the best if they ever got around to it.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
I can't even imagine how much of a primadonna Billy is at this point, but I suppose a great paycheck makes up for a lovely boss to some degree.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
[ASK ME] How I ran one of the biggest bands in the world into the toilet and alienated everyone

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

Platypus Farm posted:

First Pete Steele kicks it, and then this comes out. What a week, man.

Yeah, really, I don't know which is worse...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
I think the vocals are largely what kill it.

• Locked thread