Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeninsTomb
Aug 27, 2002

Captain Charisma posted:

Everyone shits on the recent tour, and it does deserve its thrashings, but NOBODY seems to remember the first tour the new SP did after Zeitgeist came out. I suppose the big issue is that they avoided the AAA cities like NYC, Chicago, and LA, and went to Philly, Boston, Detroit, and Atlanta.

I wanted to jump off a cliff when I saw some of the setlists, and I learned that if I were near my phone, I could have gone to one. Tons of fan favorites and b-sides.

I was at the DC show for the record-release, and the set was over 3 hours long IIRC, and it was a perfect balance of new & old. Didn't bother with the anniversary tour because of the reviews.

http://www.spfc.org/tours/date.html?tour_id=1231

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeninsTomb
Aug 27, 2002
Not hearing the Pink Floyd influence at all, my first thoughts were Zeppelin.

Pitchfork agrees, FWIW.

• Locked thread