Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crackerman
Jun 23, 2005

Drunken Lullabies posted:

Mellon Collie as a whole is actually a pretty amazing album, but you probably wouldn't know that because Billy Corgan is talking over the whole thing. A bunch of songs on it have demo's without any vocals and most of them are better.

I know its getting a lot of praise in this thread but this is exactly how I feel about Adore. Musically I love it, but the vocals basically destroy nearly every song for me. Its especially true of For Martha, its heartbreaking until his Cartman-vocals come whining in wrecking the whole thing.

Also how can anyone possibly not like Rocket? The intro alone is all you need, the rest of the song is a bonus.

remi_sinato posted:

From a financial standpoint, that is a lot of songs to produce and make available for free... strange marketing.

I don't think Billy gives a poo poo anymore, he just wants attention regardless of whether its positive or negative or fairly indifferent or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crackerman
Jun 23, 2005

baka kaba posted:

More like the small number of people who still care (mostly the older fans) are going to be even more put off by this and stop supporting whatever it is he's doing. When his career's effectively based on past glories, driving away the oldies fans is pretty much the worst thing he could do

Definitely. I bought Zeitgeist and thought it was so-so and have been considering Teagarden, ignoring Billy's eccentricities as posturing and ego similar to Scott Weiland - the kind of poo poo I can normally ignore - but this incident has pretty much put me off giving any of my money to Corgan ever again.

Not that he'd give a poo poo, but it's the principle. It is tempting to tell him over Twitter just to see if he'd respond though.

Crackerman
Jun 23, 2005

Billy sounds like he just can’t be arsed. Some of the actual music is okay but his vocals are like someone was nagging him into the studio to do them and he finally went “UUUGGGHHHH FFIIIINE!” like a whiney 6 year-old.

• Locked thread