Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but here goes. I'm a macro photographer, a lot of my images are detailed and high res (~3kx3k), however most views of them are on small/lower res screens and mobile devices. I'd like to make them into short animations which consist of a zoom in and then a moderate but very smooth pan to show off the details better.

What software/formats/panning techniques should I be looking into?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

Neon Noodle posted:

Just off the top of my head, you could do this with Blender. There are undoubtedly other free softwares that could do that but certainly Blender is among them.

1. Import the photo as a plane (enable Images as Planes in the add-ons menu)
2. Key frame the camera moves
3. Render animation from the camera

Thanks, this gave me some more closely related search terms and I was able to figure out that Photoshop could do this using the timeline option I'm messing with it now looks promising!

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Since you have access to photoshop you can use Premiere and After Effects if you have the full Creative Cloud. That would be pretty easy to do with AE.

I only have the Photography package (LR and PS)

I pretty much got it working in Photoshop after learning a bit about frame timings and smoothness. The effect isn't quite what I imagined though there maybe a better way to go about it in terms of the animation.

jarlywarly fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Aug 5, 2020