Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Absolutely perfect.

Dear Mr. Onstad I would gladly pay you $5 to read a blog post where Pat explains his enthusiasm for crypto while addressing concerns about the ecological impact of blockchain power consumption.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jan 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

JethroMcB posted:

Absolutely perfect.

Ray got in and out at the perfect time, netting him a cool billion dollars, but in both cases he thought he was signing up for and then canceling a massage

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

ROYAL RAINBOW!

e: mistake post

Strange Cares fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jan 26, 2022

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

ROYAL RAINBOW!

Pattonesque posted:

Ray got in and out at the perfect time, netting him a cool billion dollars, but in both cases he thought he was signing up for and then canceling a massage
EDIT: poo poo, my finger slipped on mobile and now I have two emptyquotes instead of one substance quote.

Ray thought he was arranging for a woman to form a relationship between her bottom, a cake, and his back.

Strange Cares fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jan 26, 2022

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

DID YOU NFT ME ON THE NEWS YOU SONOFABITCH

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

All I am left with is this ape of myself in a rather parturient condition, which I am now not even sure that I like.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Pat would totally be the sonofabitch tipping off Showbiz where to hijack the video card shipments and then sending them off to his Russian mining farm.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

*scrunched up Ray sad face*

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

ROYAL RAINBOW!

"Lyle wiped two tokens under his arms and put them back with the rest. It seemed to give him energy."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Strange Cares posted:

"Lyle wiped two tokens under his arms and put them back with the rest. It seemed to give him energy."

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Lie Bot, what's an NFT?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

A.o.D. posted:

Pat would totally be the sonofabitch tipping off Showbiz where to hijack the video card shipments and then sending them off to his Russian mining farm.

You know what, Pat is that one jagoff in every thread on Twitter about blockchain ecological impacts who talks about, well, actually, with this new technology that nobody loving uses, crypto is carbon neutral.

Pat also minted his own token which is entirely run off of a server he maintains that's made out of discarded coconut husks and is powered by a generator that runs off his exercise bike. "Patcoin" is the only true green cryptocurrency and if you think about buying one, the attendant caloric expenditure means you're already out money on the deal.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

ROYAL RAINBOW!

Wanderer posted:

You know what, Pat is that one jagoff in every thread on Twitter about blockchain ecological impacts who talks about, well, actually, with this new technology that nobody loving uses, crypto is carbon neutral.

Pat also minted his own token which is entirely run off of a server he maintains that's made out of discarded coconut husks and is powered by a generator that runs off his exercise bike. "Patcoin" is the only true green cryptocurrency and if you think about buying one, the attendant caloric expenditure means you're already out money on the deal.

Pat delivers hand-defunged tokens to a central pickup location via his gravity sensible skitter-cart. The pickup location is an all-vegan bestitute farmer's market where you have to commit to buying $87 worth of goods to enter. There is no parking.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
meanwhile all of Pat’s living expenses are covered by Rod’s burgeoning OnlyFans business, anchored by the wildly successful Picnic Panic Theatre and accompanying PicnicPod ChatCast, both of which update every week

Pat’s dad is a tier 1 subscriber, 100% because he wants to help out his son/son in law, but it still makes family meetings awkward

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Could there be a not-awkward family gathering with Pat?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I feel like Ray would be the kind of guy who gets into NFT's by accident but after being explained how terrible they are ends up feeling really lovely about it and ends up doing something ridiculous with the money he made to try and make up for it

Philippe meanwhile fills up several hard drives with "funny monkey images" he's downloaded off Twitter, resulting in Teodore having to stage an intervention

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pat gets so angry screaming at Philippe that he can't just right click and save ape pictures THAT DOESN'T COUNT that doctors have to send him away to be killed.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
I feel like Beef would get so mad about cryptocurrency that he’d write a script that somehow would make a miner farm blow up

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Aren't all miner farms basically external combustion engines waiting to happen?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
K O O D G E

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Pattonesque posted:

ray bought in to do silk road transactions then weed got decriminalized in california

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Hey! Don't NFT me, you son of a bitch!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

davidspackage posted:

* sniffffffff *

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Pat's involvement with crypto is driven by the "community" aspect. Mostly because he realizes that they're not keen on ostracizing whale investors, no matter how obnoxious they are. He has over $200,000 tied up in NFTs so he can espouse his views about barbers to a captive audience without fear of retribution.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Dudes on Twitter reacting with shock and offended anger when they realize anyone can save a jpg and upload it wherever they want is possibly the most pat-like thing I have ever witnessed

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Pat, man! I mint NFTs now! I'm just like you!

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008
You about to get hit in the eyes with some cask-strength ape, brother.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

davidspackage posted:

The sad and scary thing is that it would be dirt easy to do NFT's for Achewood

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

davidspackage posted:

Lie Bot, what's an NFT?

A trust fund man crying and promising a repeatedly screenshotted jpeg that it will still be valuable one day.

And that they’ll play together in the blockchain when it gets better.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
I wanna see Ramses Luther Smuckles straight up kill an NFT with his bare hands and a stern look

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Ugly In The Morning posted:

A trust fund man crying and promising a repeatedly screenshotted jpeg that it will still be valuable one day.

And that they’ll play together in the blockchain when it gets better.

Noooo!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ok Comboomer posted:

I wanna see Ramses Luther Smuckles straight up kill an NFT with his bare hands and a stern look
I'll be damned. The Man with the Ape on his Hands.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

“tell me again about the blockchain, money man”

*knuckles crack

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Deathlove posted:

Pat, man! I mint NFTs now! I'm just like you!

...it's an AFFRONT to the DIGNITY of BORED APES

DACK FAYDEN posted:

don't rap blockchain to me, boy

Anyway, prediction is, we actually see Achewood NFTs being sold right around the time the Complete Canon gets pushed back to 2024.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Pat I assume you've been gathering your financial information from the sort of alarmist crypto website that classifies RGB colors as morbidly speculative. gently caress along now.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

how did you know Nolan was about to right-click/save-as Phillipe's PFP??

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Onstad has always been at the tail-end of trends, I think he'll get into NFTs in like four years

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

theironjef posted:

Pat I assume you've been gathering your financial information from the sort of alarmist crypto website that classifies RGB colors as morbidly speculative. gently caress along now.

jokes aside, I’m p sure that if Pat were real, he’d be one of those Jimmy Dore fans that’s been turned into an antivaxxer, and everyone would be torn between wondering if some kind of intervention should be done and just super-duper extra avoiding him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

now you can own the recipe for this craft soda on the blockchain