Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
A comic about being young dumb and full of ketel one should probably not be revived later by somebody who is not any of those things any more. In My Opinion.

I’m still dumb and drunk, I’ll write it for onstad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Chas McGill posted:

I can't remember - did Cornelius have any interactions with Ray's dad?

Browsing through the archives it looks like the answer is no, which is a huge missed opportunity. Ramses got a bunch of great interaction moments with most of the cast during the wedding plotline but him talking to Cornelius just didn't happen.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
That's a pity, I think there'd be mutual respect between two titans representing different facets of masculinity.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Ray nearly has a heart attack and dies right then and there when he sees Ramses extend his hand for a handshake first

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

brb getting a poster printed for my room

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Please get a matching "BATHS ONLY" poster for your bathroom

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Youremother posted:

Please get a matching "BATHS ONLY" poster for your bathroom

Man you don't realise how tiny the original strips were published until you try and drag some detail out of them

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Laughing at 640 X 320 .gifs is going to be my uphill to school both ways

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Rays dad stopped being useful or interesting as a character after we learn he acted out rays time with Steve’s Party irl. That was the logical endpoint for the character and also the funniest strip he was in by a country mile

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I thought the stop light strip was a good coda. sorta emphasizes the mythicalness of the character. somewhere out there someone is loving up traffic protocol and the rules of general courtesy and it is only because the man behind him has learned of reservedness that they remain uncontused

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
I think if Onstad ever revisits Achewood, it would have to be as an epilogue, not a revival. Something like the Octopus Pie epilogues; the characters are in very different places in their lives, the voices and themes are different, life has moved on.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NoneMoreNegative posted:

brb getting a poster printed for my room

Oh don't tell me you like The Cure? They are silly. It is silly to like The Cure.

Hang on, gotta do a wellness check on my friend on the moon, see how they're doing.... well poo poo, you're not gonna believe this....

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Tendales posted:

I think if Onstad ever revisits Achewood, it would have to be as an epilogue, not a revival. Something like the Octopus Pie epilogues; the characters are in very different places in their lives, the voices and themes are different, life has moved on.

Probably depends on whether or not he's just doing it as a limited thing or actually were to make it an ongoing thing again, though I imagine in either case there would be a timeskip from where Achewood last left off back in 2016

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
everyone knows the poster Onstad needs to make

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

smarxist posted:

everyone knows the poster Onstad needs to make

I would buy that poster and then not hang it.

Learning about me.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Look at you with that new poster! How could you BE so cocky?!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
You are in trouble yet again, Sweaty IT Nerd!

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

I could've sworn that Onstad was selling those FUCKIN' posters in the Achewood shop at one point but damned if a quick google search yields nothing

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

he is/was selling stickers, because I have one on my water bottle

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Happy Hippo posted:

I could've sworn that Onstad was selling those FUCKIN' posters in the Achewood shop at one point but damned if a quick google search yields nothing

I bought a Great Outdoor Fight poster "recently", but according to my shipping notice it was just under a year ago so I assume that it's been sold out or something

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

davidspackage posted:

You are in trouble yet again, Sweaty IT Nerd!

nuts

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

the cure is so silly that weird al never parodied any of their songs. they are so silly already, what is the point

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

YOU KNOW WHAT I WANT TO BUY?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Happy Hippo posted:

Sockser posted:

he is/was selling stickers, because I have one on my water bottle

It's in the '2021 Sticker Set 3'

https://achewood-holiday-pop-up.myshopify.com/products/2021-sticker-set-3

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

YOU KNOW WHAT I WANT TO BUY?

SOME FUCKIN' RAD-rear end CAR TIRES?!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

having to click a button that said "I still want this item" was demoralizing

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

YOU GODDAMN KIDS etc

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

DACK FAYDEN posted:

:smith::hf::smith:

Most resigned mouse click of my life

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
The page for it on the Oni Press site gives you a 404, it ain’t happening

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Cookbook 2 happened, literally anything in the world is possible now

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Lol

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Does anyone happen to remember a written piece done in the character of Nice Pete where he attacks a park ranger?

The ranger is bothering a tamale vendor- Pete identifies that he isn't a cop because cops don't address specific parts of your question. Then he goes on to explain the perfect head-butt to the reader and reports that he stuffed one tamale down the guy's throat and another in his pants.

I've scoured the blogs and the honor club and can't find a hint of it. Wherever this one is hiding, I still think some Achewood content is permanently lost to time. There are a few things lurking in my memory that I've never seen again. Back in like '06-'07 I paid for subscriber content and there was a questionnaire filled out by a few characters in sequence. One question was "have you ever tasted semen"- Ray: "Ray Smuckles does not blow men, pass it along". Lyle: "Yes, once. Goddamn TODD".

I feel like I'm trying to describe the Loch Ness monster to people because I don't have a hint of proof it existed other than that it was too funny for my brain to have conjured in a hallucination.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Could have been from the proto Patreon, the subscriber-only stuff in serializer.net I remember some Nate Small book excerpts from there too.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

still haven't seen the subscribers strip where beef is rmembering when showbiz got a computer and traded it to beef for his bicycle because it was a learning computer

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

The Voice of Labor posted:

still haven't seen the subscribers strip where beef is rmembering when showbiz got a computer and traded it to beef for his bicycle because it was a learning computer

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

The Voice of Labor posted:

It's so frustrating because it has to be out there somewhere. I'm the last person to pony up for a cookbook but I'd pay actual, quantifiable money if Chris Onstad advertised a collection of the old subscriber content that's no longer reachable.

I wish I could bump into him in the street and be like "I paid extra when I was broke. I have money now, this is creativity of yours I know you already developed. Just fork it over for the love of God."

e: owned by nanoseconds. Someone please deliver the piece of Nice Pete knocking a park ranger unconscious.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

the only non-strip content I remember was the blog where Teodor was helping Ray set up a party, only to find Ray and Lyle shouting "RAAAAAAAAAAAAY" "LYYYYYYYYYYYYYLE" at one another. Awhile later he found them both passed out wearing red boots that they did not have earlier, with a crude sign reading "COWBOY OFFICE" nailed up.

Like 15 years ago at a really lousy houseparty I got shithammered and amused myself putting a copy of that sign on the front door. The host of the party's girlfriend was there and her parents were really really worried that her phone went straight to voicemail so they drove (from 2 goddamn hours away) over to check on her at like 7:00am. Hours later I realized the "COWBOY OFFICE" sign was still taped to the door when they arrived to make sure their daughter wasn't murdered or eloped.

Now that I think of it the host of the party was pretty much an IRL Ray with the infinite money cheat turned off and the stupidity cranked up a notch.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Extraordinary things happening in the PYF comics thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Now that I think of it the host of the party was pretty much an IRL Ray with the infinite money cheat turned off and the stupidity cranked up a notch.

I always marveled at how much the characters represented archetypes of people in my friend circle. I've slowly grown up to be a Ray and my best friend even more. (but as you referenced, infinite money turned off).

I know a Todd, and life feels incomplete if you don't have one for entertainment. I absolutely know a Cornelius in my friend's brilliant, aging dad. Another friend of mine is Roast Beef with more of the intellect and less of the depression.

Part of me would enjoy rounding out the cast. I don't know a Lyle (but would enjoy to do so in correct doses). I don't know a Pat, likely because I avoid those personality types like the plague.

I don't need a Nice Pete, of course but I'd totally welcome a Rod Huggins to the fold. Anyway, I'm glad this thread exists to vent some weirdness.