Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

How Wonderful! posted:

I regret to inform you that teachers also don't sleep at school.

hosed up that the school makes them stay up all night, sitting motionless in the dark of the classrooms, waiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Jerusalem posted:

hosed up that the school makes them stay up all night, sitting motionless in the dark of the classrooms, waiting.
I'm afraid there are no lights here young one

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Jerusalem posted:

All that's missing is a bottle of whiskey, a gun, and some tepid chicken.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Just Offscreen posted:

All that's missing is a bottle of whiskey*, a gun, and some tepid chicken.

*Christian Brothers Brandy

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

theironjef posted:

Wouldn't be surprised to learn the resolution of those images he drew in 2001 or whatever aren't up to the minimum requirements of teepublic so doing shirts would mean new art.

Achewood's art is 99% vectors. Everything should be infinitely scalable if he still has the original files. He might not, I guess, but there shouldn't be any resolution issues otherwise.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Jerusalem posted:

"makes"?

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

theironjef posted:

Wouldn't be surprised to learn the resolution of those images he drew in 2001 or whatever aren't up to the minimum requirements of teepublic so doing shirts would mean new art.

he did em all in illustrator vectors iirc

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

How Wonderful! posted:

Onstad doesn't live at Oni Press HQ, and authors usually don't personally print and bind every copy of their books. I regret to inform you that teachers also don't sleep at school.

I also believed that bands all lived together, because of the Monkees TV show. Like, it wasn't a law or anything, it was just the way things were done.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Pastry of the Year posted:

I also believed that bands all lived together, because of the Monkees TV show. Like, it wasn't a law or anything, it was just the way things were done.

Then you'll go to college, where you'll form an experimental band that will do controversial things like play in 15/23rd time and shower together.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

I get to shower with a band? COOL!

Just Offscreen posted:

It was a turkey that spent way longer than recommended on some dude's backseat.

root
Jun 17, 2000

Booska mask replica...

Pastry of the Year posted:

Hey heyyyyyyy we're the Tenmennnnnnn....

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Just Offscreen posted:

I travelled a bunch for work last year and they would put me up in the same motel every time, and whenever I was describing how grim it was, I would tell people “All it’s missing is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!”

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

NATE SMALL
ONE TOUGH MAN

"Trouble on Snake Island"

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

McKilligan posted:

*Christian Brothers Brandy

I remember getting a bottle of that once, talk about liquid disappointment.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Did you get it based on its appearance in Achewood because if so I don't know what you expected

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

NATE SMALL
ONE TOUGH MAN

"Trouble on Snake Island"

did the trouble directly relate to snakes or was it tangential to snakes

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Wait, do people really pay $200 for those old self published volumes?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Party Boat posted:

Did you get it based on its appearance in Achewood because if so I don't know what you expected

yeah dont get any booze that is mentioned in tandem with a music teacher with a self inflicted headshot.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Unkempt posted:

No idea- I found vol 1 at HPB some years back and couldn't believe my luck.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

Party Boat posted:

Ketel One is good.

Stella Artois is... beer? It's fine. In the US it's definitely marketed as way more upscale than it is in Europe, is my understanding.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I remember getting a bottle of that once, talk about liquid disappointment.
The liquor store that I used to shop at in my old college town abbreviated Christian Brothers as "Christ Broth" on its receipts, which we all found very funny at the time.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Moe_Rahn posted:

Stella Artois is... beer? It's fine. In the US it's definitely marketed as way more upscale than it is in Europe, is my understanding.

It's known as the wife beater beer here in the UK, so the attempt at a classier image in the US is pretty funny.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Party Boat posted:

My brother got Nat Shermans (the chocolate variety) based on their appearance in Achewood, and he was particularly impressed by their... flavor? (been a while, and I was never a smoker myself) He once came to pick me up while I was hanging out with my friends, and they thought he was driving around smoking a blunt because the cigarette had a "creamy smell". Oh, to be young and stupid again...

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Unkempt posted:

I'd imagine that the resale value will probably go down if/when the new volumes start coming out. I can definitely see the appeal of reading achewood in a book form instead of on the jankity-rear end website.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I'm not saying that its proximity to cartoon cats is what means you should avoid Christian Brothers, it's that the cartoon cat makes a joke about the scene being lovely and pathetic

Also the receipt says it's $10.99, you know you're not getting quality at that price

Ketel One is good and Stella is okay

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Leroy Dennui posted:

My brother got Nat Shermans (the chocolate variety) based on their appearance in Achewood, and he was particularly impressed by their... flavor? (been a while, and I was never a smoker myself) He once came to pick me up while I was hanging out with my friends, and they thought he was driving around smoking a blunt because the cigarette had a "creamy smell". Oh, to be young and stupid again...

The Devils of Monte Carlo (1956)

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Leroy Dennui posted:

I don't think Nat Sherman makes chocolate cigarettes, but they do use a brown paper which may give that impression. They're pretty good but I always felt self-conscious smoking them because they looked unusual; they seem like the sort of thing Ray would light up, barely able to contain himself as he waits for you to ask about them.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I'd imagine that the resale value will probably go down if/when the new volumes start coming out. I can definitely see the appeal of reading achewood in a book form instead of on the jankity-rear end website.

Im not saying there aren't people paying silly amounts, but I picked up the three volumes for....under 50$. I dont remember exact.

I mean, you can list an item for whatever you want, doesn't mean they selling for that.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Johnny Aztec posted:

Im not saying there aren't people paying silly amounts, but I picked up the three volumes for....under 50$. I dont remember exact.

I mean, you can list an item for whatever you want, doesn't mean they selling for that.

Not the dark horse volumes- the 14 or so self published volumes.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Party Boat posted:

I want to try Blue Nun, the wine so bad it made the news, just because of the appearance in Achewood.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

CannonFodder posted:

I want to try Blue Nun, the wine so bad it made the news, just because of the appearance in Achewood.

It’s loving awful.

As far as liquor goes, whenever I see baijiu all I can think is “Christ, it smells like someone is working on a car!”

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

CannonFodder posted:

Oh yeah, I used to drink Blue Nun, too. It's an extremely eight dollar bottle of wine.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
I have an uncle who will only drink Blue Nun. I was tickled when it came up in achewood

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://twitter.com/AchewoodNC/status/1271169740363517957

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
I got a new hood ornament

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Pham Nuwen posted:

I don't think Nat Sherman makes chocolate cigarettes, but they do use a brown paper which may give that impression. They're pretty good but I always felt self-conscious smoking them because they looked unusual; they seem like the sort of thing Ray would light up, barely able to contain himself as he waits for you to ask about them.

they used to be my favorites- real smooth, tasty tobacco- but they aren't cheap

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

GIN OCEAN

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

unpublished libretto of "Steak/On" (unique artifact, 100 pts)

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

He missed the chance to make that a sexy party by going with "GIN OR CANE"

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I named my iPod GIN OCEAN. Back when an iPod was a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

WE SHOUD
PARTY