Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

CannonFodder posted:

That's something I don't recall, and I recall way too much Achewood. Link?

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04112007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I don't recognize this thread title, where is it from?

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04042007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008
BOO TO THAT

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008
HUSH YE TO A MAN! DID GOD BOO JESUS AS HE WAITED TO BE BORN?

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

lol

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008
he is a bit of a ditherer

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

christ! it smells like someone working on a car!

you don't LIKE it, what you LIKE is that you're holding something the police will wrestle you for

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

Ok Comboomer posted:

(I can’t afford a garage)

You do what you need to, but do what you want to, too.

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

Stringent posted:

i'm trying to think of the strip that best depicts pat's brand of vegan that spits on homeless people politics, does anyone have any suggestions?

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03092005

There's a lot of anti-working-class stuff in his anti-barberism, but I think this is what you're after. His delight at the bright and shiny commodities of capitalism, interrupted by his horror at the sight of a worker, followed by the ecstasy of Moby Tomatohol.

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

Zefiel posted:

Was it ever canonically established what model Nice Pete's van is? I seem to remember one alt text or something that gave the full model and year

1961 Ford Econoline delivery van.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11032003

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I’m sorry the date in this link is 18 years ago and that’s not possible.

Everything is possible... in a nice van

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008
You about to get hit in the eyes with some cask-strength ape, brother.

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

surc posted:

Teodor is subbing in for Ray who would be writing the erotica live, not MCing. Ray didn't book an MC and needs Beef to fill the role last minute. Presumably he just slapped the notes together after the call in 30 seconds or whatever.

Yeah upon rereading I understood it as Ray overselling the magnitude of his problem in order to get Beef on board and save himself some inconvenience. Classic selfish Ray. He was backstage shooting the poo poo with Lyle while the show was going on! Which is also one of my favorite Lyle moments. "Why won't you hold on? Everybody else holds on."

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

alright, i give up. what does onstad stand to learn from the toilet at the airport?

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008
i'm seeing a lotta layoffs from oni press on twitter. now we're DOUBLE not gettin that book. the curse... it's real...

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

ABen posted:

Lmao that Chris could probably take those PDFs, send them to a printer, and basically just print money (or maybe not, Achewood has been functionally dead for about 8 years and I have no idea how well it would do).

Pay Dunny a solid fee for doing the actual work, and just get it done. I guess he could make an artisanal soda to pair it with, if he felt like he needed to contribute.

dunno, the current Oni Press mess could make it more complicated than that. i've seen tweets/rumors that their standard contract automatically renews publication rights every 5 years or so unless the author revokes in writing a few months before renewal. add that to the rumors that Oni is turning from a for-real publisher to an IP rentier. but it's probably fine, Onstad is probably totally on top of the laborious bureaucracy involved

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

theironjef posted:

Pat sucks, so one thing I'm always wondering when I read his blogs is if he's actually good at swing dancing or if it's all in his weird delusional head. Also I guess in this case he hosed around and found out about Tim Simmons, the dude that has no mercy.

you'd stop wondering if you ever bothered to try some of his swing-themed Eco-Friendly Bestitutes. like Waxless Zout Suit Riot. or Daddy-Poppin' Cherries.

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

Stringent posted:

sucks for the pilot/groundcrew

YOU RICH BASTARDS ARE SO HUNG UP ON YOUR GODDAMN DECORUM YOU FORGET WHAT MATTERS!

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

Necronomicon posted:

The Vulture interview was pretty good, too.

very good interview but as a Lyle/Teodor personality type (has been long-term restaurant ppl, has been to Drinkin' Island, bit of a ditherer) i am sad that neither was mentioned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

Javid posted:

lyle's review of the bear is the blogpost I want to read here in 2022

hell yeah. dunno if onstad has gotten too far from that Lyle-life to keep that flavor of performative "authenticity", but as a person who freaked out a little when a TV kitchen (Community) used a prep bucket i've used I'd want to read that