Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Der Shovel posted:

"That's big talk from a guy who masturbates the way some people have a god" is a pretty drat good line.

It's fun having Achewood around again.

Yeah, a lot of these strips hover in the "good" to "eh, good" range, but it's cool because they also all have almost exactly one classic achewood line that just blows you away.

Too bad Sun Tzu ain't got a chapter for when the enemy is yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
"I mean, you can't put shoes on it, or anything. Heh! You know--it's an abortion."

"Abortions can't wear shoes?"

"No... not if they doin' it right. No."

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

from time to time I think about the goon that had people sign a print out of the "roast beef's wedding" strip at his actual weddings, instead of a guest book

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

tacodaemon posted:

It should be noted that Stella Artois wasn't widely introduced into the U.S. market until 2001, so it didn't have decades of baggage to overcome in branding itself here.

the most successful beer marketing legacy goes to PBR. known as lovely wheat water for a century, manages to become an ironic staple for youth wishing to conform

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

RZApublican posted:

And a non-ironic drink in China, where it is expensive and considered classy.

considering that their entire economy is based off of unloading their cheaply made slave-laboured poo poo on us, this seems somehow fair

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

from 2011 (thanks google):

quote:

Seriously, it costs less than an ironic PBR tallboy to subscribe to content that will take a month to read. http://t.co/eD7Fsz0 ACHEWOOD FTW
-Onstad

jesus

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

I sat a a communal table in a cafe for the first time just yesterday. It wasn't that bad!

write in the feelings journal, beef

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Jerusalem posted:

Ha, holy crap it is too.

Nobody even got me Esquire's 100 Favorite Sex Positions.

None of us has a friend like Ray, except for the sense in which the achewood comic strip is our lifelong friend and companion

have fun having sex, dude

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Pakled posted:

So has Molly just disappeared from new-Achewood?

I know neo-achewood has been ENTIRELY just onstad's crotchety old-man complaints filtered through the mouths of cartoon stuffed-animals (with the exception of the two panel retcon of the Ray in Rehab arc), but yeah, I still keep waiting for the throwaway line where they mention Molly leaving beef. It would explain why he's been even more misanthropic than before

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

goddamit I was seconds away from posting this

The prop line is horrible and true

edit: https://www.catandgirl.com btw

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Yeah, to those of us who don't play computer games this is like saying "Roast Beef is a total Hannah!" to someone that doesn't watch Girls (which is especially ridiculous since Beef is 100% a Marnie).

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

The Pony Incident posted:

I was trying to make fun of the person who initially said it because it seemed really funny and stupid to me

i too spoke in jest

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

spoochfch'a

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

What do you think made Onstad more money; sales of his soda syrup, or the achewood "honor store"

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

actually the soda story was basically the most achewood thing you can do irl

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

12/24/15 - 5/27/16

RIP The often-very-decent new achewood. We hardly knew ye

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Unpopular opinions: I liked the Penny arc, and I loved Ray in Rehab

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Potato Jones posted:

Well, gently caress.

yessssss

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Saoshyant posted:

Nice touch on that TIME cover with the intern leaving the picture's watermark.

Yeah, a lot of pretty incredible small details in this one. So weird that this strip dropped on time no probs, whereas the flowchart came in a few hours late. Maybe it's just emotionally easier for Onstad to mock his failed soda syrup company then it is for him to mock his failed marriage.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

ohmygod that is the cutest most noblest cat in the world, yes it is, yes it is

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

now tell us your opinions about k-cups

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

I haven't seen The Right Stuff since freshmen year, so this strip ain't made no sorts of sense to me. can anyone explain the context? Did chuck yeager get caught sleeping with a prostitute or something?

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Pakled posted:

When I was doing my first archive binge through Achewood, I think it was this strip where I decided that Achewood was not merely a good webcomic but a great webcomic.

daaamn

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

also there was a massive investigation and he was cleared kinda and then died in the apollo 1 test launch fire :(

ah man, motherfucker just could not catch a break when it came to opening doors, huh?

and getting laid, apparently

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Der Shovel posted:

Which leads to one of my all-time favourite Achewoods.

"Remember when he made headlines by messin' up his taxes so bad he almost got lethal injection" never fails to crack me up completely.

Jesus, Todd would've been the perfect VP pick for this election cycle

Maybe we should Black Mirror it and elect Philippe in 2020 even though he's constitutionally ineligible and also a cartoon character

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Yeah, the amount of weed jokes since achewood returned > the amount of weed jokes in the strips prior 11 year run

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Onstad is at the "American Beauty" phase of the sad middle-age dad lifecycle. sadly, that is also the penultimate phase

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

prefect posted:

What's the final phase? :ohdear:

They are placed in the queue of Samsara for reincarnation, typically as an Unfortunate Being.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

The only achewood shirt I want doesn't exist

On the front it says
I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

and on the back it says
PLUS I
GOT
DEPRES-
SION

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

we didn't get a conclusion to last week's thrilling cliffhanger

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Achewood is a celebration of hate speech

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

lmao

"Golden Tabloid" is probably product placement for his first strain

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Sucks that Patreon wasn't a thing in Achewood's heyday. Chris would've had a pretty nice income stream. Achewood matured on a completely different Internet than the one we have now. He peaked just a minute too early.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Deathlove posted:

The end! No moral.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

the "random" button on achewood has been such a good friend to me over the years

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

i miss having new achewood.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

in today's "achewood 'random' button":

phillipe has the same solution that I do for my student loans

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

which leads into one of my favorite ray moments

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

today in "achewood random button":

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Bust Rodd posted:

"I guess by not g-g-givin' a poo poo." Is a landmark moment in my laughing at something stupid career, but Roast Beef's line about Todd being the STD equivalent of a bold and exciting new pianist or something is probably in the top 5 funniest written lines in all of Achewood.

I feel like Ray is high maintenance in a Peter Griffin "rope all my friends into week long hijinx and constantly dragging them around to do dumb expensive bullshit". When he isn't sleeping for 36 hours he is starting a buisiness with you or trying to steal your girlfriend or inventing a mojito-hot pocket franchise

i object sir. ray always picks up the tab and would never make moves on a dog's lady

teodor on the other hand...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Oh, right, poo poo. I had completely forgotten about Polly... just like Chris Onstad did heeyooo