Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Wow. I wondered why Onstad was taking so long to make a new strip, but then this comes out and all questions are answered. So, what? Lee is the game and it's all a way of getting dissent out of North Korea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Jerusalem posted:

Also, just wanted to stress how much I love the composition of the latest strip with the paper running through the rollers. It's really wonderfully put together.

I feel exactly the same. In fact, I thought the composition of it was what took so long to make the strip. It's that good.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

There is only a toddler now. Onstad, I feel your pain. My 3-year-old keeps making me give her piggyback rides to the point I feel like Master Blaster. I've actually taught her the correct response to the question "Who run Bartertown?"

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Hey, guys, at the risk of sounding like a backseat moderator, take it to the BN thread, huh?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Phenylketonuric posted:

So are we ever going to find out if Cornelius can successfully play a trumpet with his cock?

At this point, do you have reason to believe he can't?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

"I hate you in the only way that helps me understand you" is absolutely superb.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I love Phillipe's assessment of the items in the Sharper Image catalog. Even a 5-year-old can recognize that it's all wholly unnecessary crap.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

What, you haven't heard "firing on one cylinder" before? Even I've heard that one out here in South Dakota, where we know nothing of many of the references Onstad makes.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

drat. T got such a shock from the fuckup that his eyebrows went away. I also don't remember ever seeing his mouth open like that.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Do we know why Philippe lives with the original Achewood crew instead of his mother?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Just watch— Leon Sumbitches will turn out to be the most sophisticated Nigerian scammer ever and he'll take Philippe for everything he's got.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Some people are really, really averse to public restrooms.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

SeanBeansShako posted:

LieBot is the real victim here. He cannot tell anyone about what is the saddest thing and that is truly the saddest thing.

A robot can't send an otter a letter, possibly with graphics depicting the contents?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Wow, it's like Pete is tremendously drunk and/or high, but he's not. He's that crazy dude you know (and everybody knows one of these) who's just fundamentally wrong yet completely functional in society.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

RolandTower posted:

um I don't think Nice Pete's character is functional in society at all seeing as he murders people occasionally and has serious schizoid delusions going on a regular basis

If he's not in jail/prison/the looney bin, he's functional for the purposes I'm talking about.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I think I have a new phrase to use regularly in "moo-frog nonsense."

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

This discussion brings to mind this strip, which contains what is still one of my favorite bits of Achewood dialogue. Téodor is considered "close" to Nice Pete even if he isn't and doesn't even want to be.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

You know how a few pages back somebody substituted an Idaho inmate for Nice Pete? Well, thanks to a Cracked article I found this picture, which screams "humanized feline serial killer" even more.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Also notice the puckered anus of a mouth. I like this opportunity to see into the mind of Nice Pete, complete with first-person perspective. Were I a lesser man, I may not be able to sleep.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Look what I just saw someone link to on Facebook.

Onstad, you may wish to keep an eye on this situation so you can git yo' money.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

What would happen if you went down into an abandoned mine to work and you had no clocks or other ways to tell time? What would Achewood do then?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I just thought of something. What if Nate's old homsexual identity is actually a mask for him being a serial killer? Pete goes back there, makes to kill T, and Nate surprises him with a knife in the back or skull. Maybe instead Nate is actually an old GOF champion who could easily kill Pete with his bare hands. Nate's dismay upon Pete's mention of Jimmy Carter was simply an act to lull Pete into a false sense of security.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

^^ Exactly. He is being offered penile greatness. Penile greatness is not being forced upon him.

The way I see is playing out with T's reconciliation of the fact that he has indeed performed a homosexual act is that he'll out himself to Ray and Beef. They'll ask how big it was. T will reply along the lines of "I tell you I just sucked a guy's dick and the first thing out of your mouths is to ask how big it was?"

When he tells them, they'll nonchalantly agree that, as Nathan said, just being willing to handle/suck a big fat one precisely because it's so incredibly big and fat isn't gay, probably using the same analogy Nate used, except of referring to seeing the Ferrari Ray and Beef will talk about driving it.

"You ever gotten the chance to drive a Ferrari?"
"No."
"Well, if you did, would you?"
"Hell, yeah, I would!"
"There you go."

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Jerusalem posted:

Also what happened to those chinchillas :ohdear:

Something tells me this is going to be the "stinger" to the arc.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

This is like in Return of the Jedi where the Emperor is saying, "Good. Use your hate." However, instead of "hate" Nate is saying "mouth."

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

SeanBeansShako posted:

Great, now I have images of Emperor Nate saying Fully Armed And Operational Battle Cock.

"Oh… I'm afraid this penis will be quite operational when your friends arrive."

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Dear Shaft, what have I done?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Wow. This strip gave us "poo poo the bed with the lights on" (an important qualifier) and "dong-razzled." Good show, Chris.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Silentman0 posted:

Do you think they'll have to piss out "What is" or "Who is" every time?

Why do you think it's the most painful category?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

How many of you have actually tried directly demanding a refund from Onstad? Of those, how many have A) received no reply and B) then filed a dispute with your credit card company?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

McGravin posted:

Is there a copyright notice in the front of it? Even if there isn't, unless it's some kind of copyleft, creative commons, open document, blah-de-blah, it's probably a bad idea.

If there is a copyright, it'll expire 70 years after Onstad's death, so... just sit tight?

This is accurate. It sucks that it's unavailable, but if you scan and share it, that's :filez:, my friend.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

If that's the case, I think we can finally say goodbye to Achewood as Onstad gets a job as a programmer or whatever he did before so he can keep his house. gently caress. :(

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Fuckity ding dong. Output!

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I'm calling it: he ends Achewood by killing Ray.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Am I mixing up Achewood continuity with something else, or was Henrietta the name of the fever-dream chicken prostitute from way back?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

AAAAAUUGH!

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I will say this about the newer stuff: it looks drat good. There seems to be more artistry to it than there was previously, as opposed to simply being illustrated, if that makes sense. It seems like he's putting a lot more effort into the panels and I can imagine that takes a lot more work. Still, I agree that it'd be nice if he'd put stuff out a little more frequently even if it doesn't look as nice.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I think we can give the man a pass on that lack of content, then, on that front if nothing else.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

For me it's indicative that Achewood just hasn't had anything interesting going on. After a new strip or should-be-expected disappointment people tend to post. We still love Achewood. We just want it to come back and BE back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I think we ALL know at least one Todd and/or Lyle.