Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

funkybottoms posted:

google, man.

as far as Stella being good or bad, even severe beer nerds say that it's decent (for a mass-produced InBev product, anyway).

It's alright on tap, but the green bottles make it skunk really easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

I was at a book release last night, and thought the plot of the novel was interesting...

quote:

The Donnybrook is a three-day bare-knuckle tournament held on a thousand-acre plot out in the sticks of southern Indiana. Twenty fighters. One wire-fence ring. Fight until only one man is left standing while a rowdy festival of onlookers—drunk and high on whatever’s on offer—bet on the fighters.
Jarhead is a desperate man who’d do just about anything to feed his children. He’s also the toughest fighter in southeastern Kentucky, and he’s convinced that his ticket to a better life is one last fight with a cash prize so big it’ll solve all his problems.

Sounds a little familiar, no?

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

I am not in the loop for frankenstein anatomy but wouldn't Ray be right for ease of construction? If you cut through the middle of a joint thats a lot of complex parts to re-attach.

Then you'd have to splice muscles together instead of just popping the joints back in place

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Also PBF comics are self contained and funny, and don't try to draw out a plot line with 14 months between strips.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

SacrificialGoat posted:

Judging by the fact that he's ebaying the TV show bibles, I'm guessing that it didn't go over too well?

He responded to someone asking the same thing on twitter with that they're still working on the show but it's being "reformulated," which doesn't sound good.

Also apparently the show is animated using motion capture suits?

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Could someone post the alt-text for us iOS readers?

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Does anyone have a link to the strip where Beef gets something in the mail, maybe a SOSAD lamp, and the instructions are in engrish? I remember it has one line that about a mouse "dancing" in a pot of boiling water.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I was going to say just use the search bar, but I ran a bunch of poo poo for that comic trying to find it and it never came up. I tried Snicker Stick, group setting, holistic solution, I hate you, saucer of hot water... pretty much the whole thing. It's not indexed. Even google failed. I remember it was 2011 or so, though.

E: Got the bastard. http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11052010

Thanks!

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Those little kegs hold a lot of pressure, one failed valve and you're a goner.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Mr. Flunchy posted:

The only real life influence Achewood had on me was that I tried Grey Goose, Ketel 1, Chivas etc

My faith in Ray's booze taste was severely tested when he was praising "crispy Stellas". Stella Artois (or 'wifebeater' in the UK) is dogshit lager.

Stella is marketed as a high-end, premium beer in the US, so it makes perfect sense Ray would be all about it.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Gus Grissom (supposedly) screwed up when his capsule landed and it, with all its computers and data, sank to the bottom of the ocean. Everyone thinks he's a total loser after that.

Edit: wrong astronaut

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

I was invited to ChochachoCon but could not attend due to a prior commitment.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

The Pony Incident posted:

Honestly is Onstad an alcoholic? This could explain a lot

I don't want to get too into theorizing on the dudes personal life, but the alt-text on this strip makes me feel Rays rehab arc is at least partially autobiographical.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Gabriel Garcia Marquez?

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

There's a Google doc that has links to everything in order, I'll see if I can dig it up

Edit:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o-YkRJ9n34VOYdsFm0PqyTUwp5GFFOB38S1XyxKgOPk/edit#gid=1096210356

Toebone fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Feb 27, 2017

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

For me, Phillipe Goes Home was one of Achewood's highlights, which makes the followup of the highschool van thing even worse

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

High Lord Elbow posted:

What is jazz butt

It's when your butt sounds like a particularly raucous Coltrane solo

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

I posted it, one sec

edit:

Toebone posted:

There's a Google doc that has links to everything in order, I'll see if I can dig it up

Edit:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o-YkRJ9n34VOYdsFm0PqyTUwp5GFFOB38S1XyxKgOPk/edit#gid=1096210356

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

I put my wiss-wiss into the lady's wiss-wiss un...until I make a sperm

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

A broken lover's like a fat man in a suit - he's a hoot at the bar, but back at the hotel room, it ain't nothin' but mind games.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Strange Cares posted:

I hit random and rediscovered this gem: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12222008

Words that Beef needed to hear, for entirely misunderstood reasons. I wonder how often he thinks about this clerk.

Also what in the blazes is going on with that outline in the first panel? Is that a fish planting a ski flag?

I like Ray's legal logic there

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

ryonguy posted:

I took a look because I was curious, and I'm surprised they haven't been afflicted with the usual practice by hoarding Amazon assholes where anything out of print is priced into the stratosphere.

Those are usually bots IRRC

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Yeah he's always been there

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Calaveron posted:

I can't visualize what that chicken Mr Bear is describing

The last two segments of the wing; the part with two bones that makes the best buffalo wings, and the tip

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

It's good, just have to get it crispy enough

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

ColdPie posted:

This is the thing that baffles me most about the official site. Clicking on the comic brings you to...... the same comic. What? Why even put in the effort to do that?

It used to take you to the assetbar thing for the strip, I guess then that went away the link just reroutes to the strip.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Try out some homemade refried beans sometime, they're super easy to make and blow the canned ones out of the water.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

This may just be teenage nostalgia kicking in, but I definitely feel that in the early '00s Subway was still pretty good in a fast food kind of way, not the styrofoam garbage it is now.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Toasting will help liven up mediocre bread, but good bread doesn't need it.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

RIP achewood.com

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Latin American magical realism is more accurate, but it doesn't roll of the tongue as nicely.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Onstad's instagram just informed me that his baby is now 14, and I am an old old man.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Shibawanko posted:

I always presumed that the commodore referred to an esoteric manner in which to stimulate the prostate, resulting in a series of rear end orgasms and possibly the expulsion of fecal matter (hence the towel)

It's probably related to how Ray's breeder made him doodoo on the floor with a q tip. Same technique except consensual

Nah, it's a combo rimjob/reach-around. Tina's nasty but she ain't that nasty.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Is he...arresting me?

Is this a...."friends' arrest"?

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

I have a bad uncle that always brought Blue Nun to Thanksgiving

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'll cop to not fully understanding why Corliss was faster

Meth

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

I started with the Nightlife Mingus "I'll give you a sign. The sign will be that life is awesome" strip. Which is fitting because at the time I was in college, smoking a lot of weed, and listening to a lot of Mingus.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

You could tell he was not focused on his promise.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

I had the hot sauce, it was pretty ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

My mom threw out my apron because she thought it looked "fruity"