Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Phenylketonuric posted:

I read Todd as a stuttering, high pitched Joe Pesci.

A coked-out Martin Scorsese in a room full of helium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I feel so sad for people who can't feel joy.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Two uses of the word "obfuscate" in one week in the same webcomic. History has been made (that or Onstad has started playing Vampire).

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I don't care what an Achewood app would be so long as it was also available for Android. Actually I do care, I would want it to lie to me like Lie-Bot. Or maybe talk to me like Vlad. Or anything at all.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Jesus Onstad, that was some loving art right there.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Ashenai posted:

I don't get it, didn't all (or most) of you guys start at the beginning?

I did, and it's the way I fell in love with Achewood, which is why I'd suggest others start from the beginning too :confused:

I started from the beginning but that was so many years ago now I don't even remember what was current then.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Hey there's :siren:A New Strip:siren:

EDIT: drat! So close!

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I like the comic with the animals that do stuff and say things. I have opinions about them.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

When you get down to it, you shouldn't write a gender, you should right a good character. If you write a good character with a female pronoun, you've written a great woman character. It's that simple.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I'm not suggesting that context and setting aren't important but it's not like writing good women characters is some arcane, inscrutable process.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Well at least I'll sort of be able to replace my Here Comes A Special Boy shirt, though I've got a brown ringer and it looks like it only comes in blue now. At least the sentiment can be preserved. I'll need to be sparing with my Great Outdoor Fight one though.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Just think of how different Romeo and Juliet would have been, had Romeo only had a Hershey's Kiss.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

"Simply utility-grade talking" is a gorgeous turn of phrase.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

It was him, when I got my GOF book signed, we briefly discussed the thread when I mentioned how strange it was that he didn't look like a young Orson Welles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I'd love a copy too!