Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
:siren: NEW STRIP :siren:

This strip is awesome several times over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't care about his opinions if he presented them in a manner best suited for the type of language and syntax Achewood associates itself with. His style and presentation makes it readily apparent that this bear and cat comic is not the type of thing he should even be reading.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
While I disagree with you on many counts, you're entitled to those opinions and even if I argued against you neither of us would be right.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Soylentbits posted:

My grandfather was taken to a distant town once for speaking out against Chinese communism. Luckily for him he was friends with their cook.

This is both funny and incredibly sad.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

BOOM! DOCTA WATSON posted:

I'm not familiar with Tony Millionaire's work, but it reminds me of underground comic artists from the '70s and '80s like Gary Panter and Bill Griffith.

Do yourself a favor. This mashup is the best thing.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Muffin Loaf posted:

I guess I just don't "get" Tony Millionaire. Maybe I just need to read more but after reading one of his comics I always think "oh, that was sort of funny I guess."

It's definitely well drawn though, that's for sure. I'm open to having my opinion changed but I currently don't see what the fuss is about.

On the wide scale of "daily"-type comics in general, Maakies and Achewood are much closer together than you give them credit for. The fact Tony Millionaire can produce a page that fits in line with both the style of Maakies and Achewood at the same time speaks to that. If you "don't see what the fuss is about", give it a little more review than a single strip.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
So I guess within the Achewood thread such generalized, opinionated statements against Achewood is uncalled for and deserving of guile, but against anything else it's fair game.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
We don't need this Sunday reverence: Beef's mouth looked like a vagina. That was the joke. A nice joke, because the end was very :smith:, but in the best way. Achewood is a complex beast of oxymoronic emotions.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

picosecond posted:

I really hope this isn't foreshadowing of a Beef/Molly breakup because that would break my heart. I'm not exaggerating, I'd feel terrible for them -- like if they were real people.

It feels more like the Beef Realizing He Needs to Get His poo poo Together moment. I mean Beef is a sad cat, but the man doesn't need to be fed jelly beans to survive as he shifts awkwardly under a terrible blanket.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
Sidney Yamahata is the perfect modern news anchor parody.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

HitTheTargets posted:

Although my favorite part was how the hypothetical customers who shared too much all looked like Beef wearing fake hair.

All his hypotheticals do this. All sad cats are Roast Beef.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

The bit about friend's girlfriends swimsuits is goddamn creepy.

Everyone has done it. Don't try to cover your rear end with this.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

rantmo posted:

I don't care what an Achewood app would be so long as it was also available for Android. Actually I do care, I would want it to lie to me like Lie-Bot. Or maybe talk to me like Vlad. Or anything at all.

I second Android. While I never cook a recipe delivery system would probably make someone hard.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

glug posted:

Um.. where's Ray's track suit?

There was no time to put it on. The gears, they're in motion.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
Those unaware should really look up what a merkin is.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

The Missing Link posted:

I'm implying that he's five, and that octogenarian is not his mother. He may call her "Mom", and regard her as such, but I have serious doubts that she gave birth to him. Granted, I haven't been reading Achewood for as long as you guys have so it's jarring to see this little old lady be presented as the actual factual birth mother of a five year old.

She has a string (of pearls?) to keep from losing her glasses! That's pretty typical of Little Old Ladies.

You need to go back and read the archives. I am so familiarized with this woman it was heartwarming to see them see eachother after so long. But also sad, because she is nearly backwards insane.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Shanty posted:

You need some :siren:s on that! I missed it first time around!

If you're checking the thread before Achewood.com, you're not doing yourself a favor.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

withak posted:

If you are checking Achewood.com more often than you check your bookmarked threads list for new posts here then you may have a problem.

I said the thread, not your list of bookmarks. Every month or so we get people complaining about having strips spoiled by visiting the thread before Achewood proper, even with sirens. If there's a post jump in this thread, just check for a new script before hitting this up.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
None of my parents still reside in any of my childhood homes. Staying with my mother involves delicious french toast I can never seem to get right myself. Staying with my dad involves alcohol and dirty jokes.

So the essence of my childhood still comes through, though. Except for the alcohol. That's a bonus.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

The Missing Link posted:

Why do I get the feeling he's going to head for the actual border and not just the nearest Taco Bell?

It never occurred to me he was heading to anything but Mexico.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

EndOfTheWorld posted:

Now that I'm old I wish I'd gone on more naked Taco Bell runs as a teenager. But, no, I had to be all "Wah! My AP Classes! Wah!"

Pros got tacos from Jack in the Box.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Grandpa Pap posted:

This "Nice Pete", he is not so nice. :(

This is high school fun !

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Deathlove posted:

I think it's offensive that you think Nice Pete is being murderous. He is clearly just having a good time.

This is a "high school experience". It is belated tales of glorious pubescent tomfoolery. This is a Missing Piece being put in Place.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
Are you saying you aren't a peeling-out enthusiast?

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Are you trying to apply normal, straight-forward logical thinking to Nice Pete AND High School shenanigans?

It is a poop joke. I support it.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Revol posted:

Oh man, I feel like Teodor has just made a fatal mistake. It's one thing to play along when you have no choice, but now he's escalated things.

Worst thing that could happen is that Nice Pete escalates the dares even further. Best possible outcome is that Nice Pete now considers Teodor a good friend... and that is actually the very worst thing, in the long run.

Nice Pete's the kind of guy that you don't want to fight back against, but at the same time, encouraging him would be even worse.

Teodor got himself out of a currently pressing bad situation the only way he knew how. There is clearly no right answer. He needs to accept his fate.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
No, he just wanted to get out of exposing himself to inbred Denny's patrons. He is naked and forced to take a poo poo on a creepy couple's lawn. He is not thinking that clearly.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
We need a gif of Nice Pete looking at Teodor, taking of his shirt, then looking back. With that creepy smile of his.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
I once threw up as a child in a Denny's women's restroom. Another time I refilled my own drink after no service for twenty minutes. Just walked behind their counter, filled it up, no one even noticed. Our food came another ten minutes later.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

ZipOtter posted:

I thought her face looked like a donut. You know, with the hole where they squeeze the jelly in?

Upon re-reading, wow, that is a woman.

Denny's.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
It also sounds like a title a child would hear and be drawn to.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
All of that just makes me want to watch it even more.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
This is a great strip for so many different reasons.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Ashenai posted:

welcome to achewood you're obviously new here :)

What's surprising about this arc is not how disturbing it is but how it is disturbing. This is classic Achewood.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
If that lever is the rear-view mirror I am confused as gently caress by the last two panels right now.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
So getting his rear end kicked while being kidnapped by a murderer is not as bad as being offered a dick to suck?

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
Your name implies you are into the dark and dangerous, so why you feel this way.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
If you think there aren't real people how there like this then I'm sorry to burst your bubble.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

poor and weird posted:

I'm saying it's not very good drama, either. It's just in poor taste.

The only pour taste is in Teodor's mouth. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
The polarizing nature of this arc is fascinating for so many different reasons.